[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

sDaZe 

I am again sorry if I'm giving flood but did not understand your answer you know what value should I put in sigma ? because with the rss already is in 85km do not know if the sigma will consider with the stock game or mod rss ... thanks :)

35 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Is there a Mod to include Rocks and Trees?

And: Around 60km above the Moon the Textures are very fading. Is this a bug? I use the Medium RSS-textures.

Currently there is not for SSRSS.  The "fading"  is just how it looks.  It's not as bad in the high resolution version but as you go down to medium and low it looks worse.  

36 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

surface textures are horrible even in stock. Scatterer improved the see/air, but there is nothing similar for landmasses.

Sure, For Stock there is Stock Visual Terrain and KRPRC (not updated for 1.1.3 yet, but works).

39 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

surface textures are horrible even in stock. Scatterer improved the see/air, but there is nothing similar for landmasses.

Stock visual terrain improves the terrain in the stock game.  I haven't done it for SSRSS because,  honestly,  it's a lot of work and I am working on a lot of different mods at the moment.  Whenever I get the time and the motivation I'll update ssrss to have the ground textures and scatter objects. 

On 05/09/2016 at 1:45 AM, ISE said:

Okay so I have tried t install it multiple times but, keep getting a black screen with nothing on it after the startup loading. Here is my Log & GameData .

Please inform me if I installed it wrong somehow, and yes I have read the instructions lol. :(

This is because you haven't / properly installed the RSS Textures. It's got no load screen to show Earth because it's all set to show Earth etc. So basically, you haven't installed the RSS correctly or haven't even installed them. Make sure it's the right version too. :) 

11 hours ago, Duski said:

This is because you haven't / properly installed the RSS Textures. It's got no load screen to show Earth because it's all set to show Earth etc. So basically, you haven't installed the RSS correctly or haven't even installed them. Make sure it's the right version too. :) 

Thank You @Duski and @sDaZe. I took the RSS textures folder and stuck it in the game data while placing the SSRSS texture plugins in the RSS texture folder rather than visversa. That fixed it, and on a side note, just discovered render settings and now I can load my tsp with mods and have it not lag cuz I have 16 gb ram :) 

2 hours ago, ISE said:

Thank You @Duski and @sDaZe. I took the RSS textures folder and stuck it in the game data while placing the SSRSS texture plugins in the RSS texture folder rather than visversa. That fixed it, and on a side note, just discovered render settings and now I can load my tsp with mods and have it not lag cuz I have 16 gb ram :) 

Glad to help. After all, this is a great mod, so you should be able to enjoy it! :)  Might have to get 16GB RAM too as my game gets killed down to 30 FPS when near any clouds. And RAM isn't that expensive, so that's a plus. :D 

Just confirmed that distant object enhancement removes the atmosphere in this mod, I think it has something to do with anything changing the ambient light or it might just be kopernicus, but anyway do not get DOE while using this mod :) 

1 hour ago, ISE said:

Just confirmed that distant object enhancement removes the atmosphere in this mod, I think it has something to do with anything changing the ambient light or it might just be kopernicus, but anyway do not get DOE while using this mod :) 

This is absolutely not true. This mod was made with DOE. And DOE doesn't do anything with atmospheres anyway.  Please check again. 

Edited by Galileo

Ok, your forwarded me here a lil while back, but I'm just now checking it out. Quick question, if I have other saved games using the stock worlds, will it mess them up, or prevent me from running them? I think I noticed 1/2 scale RSS was smart enough to run only on a new game, but loading an old game loaded the stock planets. Is this true for this?

Just now, Aegrim said:

Is it possible to get the one of the mapping mods to work with this?

Also, how about a zero inclination but IRL distances? The inclinations are a pain in the ass, but I liked the distances.

Scansat should work just fine. If you want that you can just go into RSSKopernicus config and change the orbits of each planet. 

On 08/09/2016 at 3:22 PM, sDaZe said:

.. Hold on... got something special coming soon tm

mlnjonu.jpg

On 08/09/2016 at 4:10 PM, sDaZe said:

No, picture was cool imo so i included it XD 

I'm guessing it's got to do with the sky. XD

6 hours ago, Duski said:

I'm guessing it's got to do with the sky. XD

The special thing will have to wait until 1.2 releases :( The skybox im using there is a mix between Galileo's and proots and looks stunning in - game, not so much in the picture. 

On 10/09/2016 at 10:03 AM, sDaZe said:

The special thing will have to wait until 1.2 releases :( The skybox im using there is a mix between Galileo's and proots and looks stunning in - game, not so much in the picture. 

Can't wait for the 1.2 release. It's going to actually give probes a proper purpose. :) Think I already have a satellite network already setup thanks to my GPS satellites. :D 

On September 7, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Galileo said:

This is absolutely not true. This mod was made with DOE. And DOE doesn't do anything with atmospheres anyway.  Please check again. 

My mistake, I restarted tsp a third time and it came back.

Edited by ISE
correction

On 10/09/2016 at 10:03 AM, sDaZe said:

After watching some 1.2 reviews, a communications network has be introduced and it's like an easier SCANsat apparently. I'm taking another guess (i'm pretty eager to find out!) that maybe it's got to do with support for the communications network? Or maybe some radar dishes across Earth to communicate just like on Kerbin in the coming update. :) Too bad gotta wait at-least a few days or even a week for mod support. :( 

10 hours ago, Duski said:

After watching some 1.2 reviews, a communications network has be introduced and it's like an easier SCANsat apparently. I'm taking another guess (i'm pretty eager to find out!) that maybe it's got to do with support for the communications network? Or maybe some radar dishes across Earth to communicate just like on Kerbin in the coming update. :) Too bad gotta wait at-least a few days or even a week for mod support. :( 

Do we know when 1.2 is coming? Looks sweet.

2 minutes ago, kamikazee said:

Do we know when 1.2 is coming? Looks sweet.

Nope, but I think you can try out the experimental branch through steam and opt into it. It does look sweet though with the communications network. Atleast i'll have a use for probes, but it'll be a pain setting them all up.