[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

On 9/25/2016 at 1:26 PM, Deus_Draconnes said:

Found the Mun Arch on Triton, stumbled upon it by sheer luck. Also Neptune is setting in the background XOOQNLp.png

This is supposed to be classified.....

1 minute ago, TheMonkeytect said:

It's complicated, but for hardware reasons, my pc can handle 1.0.5 and not 1.1.5.

I see,  well tbh  and I'm not trying to be dismissive, if your system cant run 1.1.3 it definitely wouldn't be able to run this mod even on 1.0.5. 

Have not checked this thread in a while! :D Recently been playing lots of CS:GO but I got a week ban so I've allocated some KSP time. I'm sure most of you have seen the new SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System that was revealed. I thought it looked absolutely awesome. Trying to replicate it in KSP as we speak. The physics didn't take it too well but I ended up fixing most of it. Now it's just making the booster reusable and some minor improvements. :) I'll get some screenshots up soon.

On 9/29/2016 at 5:10 AM, Duski said:

Have not checked this thread in a while! :D Recently been playing lots of CS:GO but I got a week ban so I've allocated some KSP time. I'm sure most of you have seen the new SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System that was revealed. I thought it looked absolutely awesome. Trying to replicate it in KSP as we speak. The physics didn't take it too well but I ended up fixing most of it. Now it's just making the booster reusable and some minor improvements. :) I'll get some screenshots up soon.

I play csgo sometimes too, not very much though...

dOdmLMO.png

Lets see some pics :3  

4 hours ago, sDaZe said:

I play csgo sometimes too, not very much though...

dOdmLMO.png

Lets see some pics :3  

LOOL XD. Don't worry, i'll get some pics up. :D

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for this? (DV map)

I've been using this mod and sending probes and now that I'm working up to sample return/manned return missions I don't know how much DV I'll need to get home.

Really looking forward to exploring my favourite moon, Europa.

keaMCZK.png

Edited by Aegrim

7 hours ago, Aegrim said:

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for this? (DV map)

I've been using this mod and sending probes and now that I'm working up to sample return/manned return missions I don't know how much DV I'll need to get home.

Really looking forward to exploring my favourite moon, Europa.

Not really sure if people have one. Love that photo though, make sure to show the mission to Europa btw :) 

1 minute ago, sDaZe said:

Not really sure if people have one. Love that photo though, make sure to show the mission to Europa btw :) 

http://imgur.com/a/NMzar

I started to piece together a video and after an hour of recording and putting it into sony vegas I realised the new nvidia shadowplay records its own notifications, so all my footage has a popup saying it's being recorded :/

Is the moon orientated incorrectly?

EDIT - I just drove a rover around the moon and it eventually fell through the scenery and exploded.

I'd noticed earlier part of my landing system exploded as I drove away.

Edited by Aegrim

I just thought of something....  with 1.2 coming out and having tweakable gravity you could make a real-scaled RSS and just tweak down gravity to suit your playstyle, i.e. 1/10 for SSRSS or 1/3 etc while still keeping a realistically scaled earth (looks better when you are orbiting a large planet instead of a basketball sized planet).

Ok I downloaded hyperedit and changed the moons rotation to "220". It looks pretty close to real life now.

I presume this is saved in my save game.

wc8EwXh.png

It even changes colour during luna eclipse.

Edited by Aegrim

1 hour ago, Aegrim said:

Ok I downloaded hyperedit and changed the moons rotation to "220". It looks pretty close to real life now.

I presume this is saved in my save game.

wc8EwXh.png

It even changes colour during luna eclipse.

This looks cool! Ill have to try it out :3 

4 minutes ago, Aegrim said:

Bah, reloaded my game and now it's pointing another way.

It loads the config but 220 is no longer the same orientation.

It's not too bad though I can easily fix it each time.

@OhioBob can he make this persistent?