[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

I came here with a problem about the Moon being approximately 90 degrees off on its orientation relative to Earth, but it looks like it's already being discussed. In case you need more confirmation, you can take a look at these images I took (and labelled in MS Paint for your convenience)

0BwrG27.jpg

x4Kyh1u.jpg

This image shows roughly what the Moon currently looks like to a viewer from Earth (zoomed in several times, of course).

The two main things I noticed were the location of Oceanus Procellarum (Ocean of Storms) and the location of Mare Crisium (Sea of Storms) The Ocean is supposed to be right on the edge of the near side but not so far off it as to be mostly out of sight from Earth. The Sea should be about the same way, except on the east instead of the west. As you can see in these photos the Sea seems to be more or less dead center, while the Ocean of Storms can't be seen at all from Earth.

Image result for Lunar seas

Here's a map of the Moon for comparison.

After reading some recent posts it appears that a short term solution would simply be to alter the Moon's rotation with HyperEdit, but this is definitely something that should be fixed before long.

16 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I came here with a problem about the Moon being approximately 90 degrees off on its orientation relative to Earth, but it looks like it's already being discussed. In case you need more confirmation, you can take a look at these images I took (and labelled in MS Paint for your convenience)

This image shows roughly what the Moon currently looks like to a viewer from Earth (zoomed in several times, of course).

The two main things I noticed were the location of Oceanus Procellarum (Ocean of Storms) and the location of Mare Crisium (Sea of Storms) The Ocean is supposed to be right on the edge of the near side but not so far off it as to be mostly out of sight from Earth. The Sea should be about the same way, except on the east instead of the west. As you can see in these photos the Sea seems to be more or less dead center, while the Ocean of Storms can't be seen at all from Earth.

Here's a map of the Moon for comparison.

After reading some recent posts it appears that a short term solution would simply be to alter the Moon's rotation with HyperEdit, but this is definitely something that should be fixed before long.

7 hours ago, Aegrim said:

Look at how yours was orientated, we've all got it orientated different ways. Mine was basically 180 off.

Ill have this fixed soon. Are you using the Optional textures for the moon? Or the actual rss ones?  

7 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Ill have this fixed soon. Are you using the Optional textures for the moon? Or the actual rss ones?  

Erm, I think i'm using the "normal" ones.

Ok from the top of my head in your installzip there's an extra folder called Optional textures? I think I left those alone

So! Some badish news? 

The mods going to be on hold for awhile seeing as KSP wont even start up on my computer anymore, for some reason... Other games play but ksp literally crashes my whole system everytime. Ram issue? PSU issue? No idea. So yeah, going to be a little while until this updated, sorry! :( 

I hate to ask but if anybody could donate to the computer fund it would be great! 

https://www.paypal.me/sDaZe  Thanks ;.;

Edited by sDaZe

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

So! Some badish news? 

The mods going to be on hold for awhile seeing as KSP wont even start up on my computer anymore, for some reason... Other games play but ksp literally crashes my whole system everytime. Ram issue? PSU issue? No idea. So yeah, going to be a little while until this updated, sorry! :( 

I hate to ask but if anybody could donate to the computer fund it would be great! 

Well the good news is that kopernicus won't be updated for a while either so there is no rush homie! 

On 13/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, sDaZe said:

So! Some badish news? 

Fo the end of the month I'll be able to maintain my promise.

14 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Good news, with Kopernicus updated, SSRSS is back. Probably just the Scatterer settings are changed, cause the old one doesn't works, but everything else seems perfect.

Once the scatterer cfgs are moved to the new format, everything should work.  For the SVE configs to work you just need the the latest EVE plugins 

2 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Update should be here in a few days!

It'll fix the moon facing the wrong way and improve mars's clouds a bit, and of course update the mod :D 

Thanks for an update on the update, sDaZe! I can't wait to beginning playing the mod again. Best of luck!

On 10/25/2016 at 6:47 PM, fallout2077 said:

Thanks for an update on the update, sDaZe! I can't wait to beginning playing the mod again. Best of luck!

I'm working now on getting an update ready while @sDaZe works on getting his computer replaced!  If you guys can,  help him out a little by donating to his computer fund!  I should have an update ready in the next few days. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I'm worked now on getting an update ready while @sDaZe works on getting his computer replaced!  If you guys can,  help him out a little by donating to his computer fund!  I should have an update ready in the next few days. 

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Update should be here in a few days!

It'll fix the moon facing the wrong way and improve mars's clouds a bit, and of course update the mod :D 

Thanks for the work guys, one of my favorites. Donated to the computer fund - may all of the frames be yours.