[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

thought you would like that.:) There are "more" clouds but they are way more subtle and pleasing to the eye. google had nothing in terms of better textures so I just made one from scratch and about 360 brushes for photoshop lol

It isn't that I didn't like "more" clouds.. It's that they had no life to them (referring to the previous criticism I had of the clouds)..  They merely existed and weren't a part of the planet.. The old, and now this implementation you have has that "living and breathing planet" feel to it..  

*drooling intensifies*

In other news, Hurricane Kerbo finally passed over Florida, though unfortunately in the middle of a time warp so I wasn't able to see under it from the ground. (and too lazy to make the flight over to it)

However, I did get some excellent shots of it as it passed over the East Coast:

Have to say, the texture for the storm is really, really good. Doesn't lose its immersiveness as you ascend like other clouds do.

Edited by G'th
Fixed IMgur

8 minutes ago, G'th said:

*drooling intensifies*

In other news, Hurricane Kerbo finally passed over Florida, though unfortunately in the middle of a time warp so I wasn't able to see under it from the ground. (and too lazy to make the flight over to it)

However, I did get some excellent shots of it as it passed over the East Coast:

Have to say, the texture for the storm is really, really good. Doesn't lose its immersiveness as you ascend like other clouds do.

Those are great! And yeah the texture is pretty nice :D its just a really close up hi res picture of snow lol

ALSO: before it was even released, I updated the vortexes on venus too!

oBQk6pj.png

Edited by Berlin

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

Those Auroras are....  Hold on.. I'll let you know after I pick my jaw up off the floor

the more and more I tweak little things like this the more I realize, the little things make a huge difference in terms of immersion

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

the more and more I tweak little things like this the more I realize, the little things make a huge difference in terms of immersion

Want a challenge?  Contrails...  I think it would have to be done subtly and on the minimal but..  They're a part of our atmosphere too and would continue on with the immersion factor. 

8sRFPSZ.jpg

Edited by styckx

15 minutes ago, styckx said:

Want a challenge?  Contrails...  I think it would have to be done subtly and on the minimal but..  They're a part of our atmosphere too and would continue on with the immersion factor. 

8sRFPSZ.jpg

There are a few in the new clouds:wink: I will probably add a few more when I get a chance. Thing is,  it's hard to make them noticeable with out making them too big. 

Edited by Berlin

I found this mod a few days ago thanks to one of @selfish_meme's posts, and I have to say it is amazing. Being able to fly over Earth instead of Kerbin, send probes to the outer planets, or land at the Apollo landing sites without the added difficulty of full RSS is wonderful. Too bad I can only like a post once.

I have noticed a problem where I cannot use time warp unless I am over 91 kilometers even though the atmosphere ends at 61 km. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, and I won't be surprised if there is a simple fix, but unfortunately I can't read through all 58 pages of this thread to find it (sorry, life > game). 

Even with a couple of odd gremlins, this is going on my essential mods list.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

On 05/06/2016 at 3:52 PM, Berlin said:

It will be fixed.  

4 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I found this mod a few days ago thanks to one of @selfish_meme's posts, and I have to say it is amazing. Being able to fly over Earth instead of Kerbin, send probes to the outer planets, or land at the Apollo landing sites without the added difficulty of full RSS is wonderful. Too bad I can only like a post once.

I have noticed a problem where I cannot use time warp unless I am over 91 kilometers even though the atmosphere ends at 61 km. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, and I won't be surprised if there is a simple fix, but unfortunately I can't read through all 58 pages of this thread to find it (sorry, life > game). 

Even with a couple of odd gremlins, this is going on my essential mods list.

It will be fixed next update

9 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

It will be fixed next update

Alright, good to know. Again, sorry I was too lazy busy to check the thread for mentions of it.

But seriously, 58 pages is a lot to dig through when I only have about two minute periods of time in which to browse to forums.

11 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Alright, good to know. Again, sorry I was too lazy busy to check the thread for mentions of it.

But seriously, 58 pages is a lot to dig through when I only have about two minute periods of time in which to browse to forums.

Don't worry. The devs and people in this thread understand it's hard to dig through 50+ pages to see if something was mentioned yet..  

And hell. Why I'm here..  It's hard to fly to other planets when Earth has never looked better...

Sssz4oT.jpg

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

Don't worry. The devs and people in this thread understand it's hard to dig through 50+ pages to see if something was mentioned yet..  

And hell. Why I'm here..  It's hard to fly to other planets when Earth has never looked better...

Sssz4oT.jpg

Well wait until you get the new aurora :) oh and the new hurricane 

Edited by Berlin

@sDaZe Hello, Do you know if there is a way to bump this up to 60% of RSS, Or if there is a another mod that could do it. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this, any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: Okay I found Duckyb4s posts about 64x around 9 days back, and found duckys settings in the sigma thread. Cheers.

Edited by ufindbatman

I had RSS installed previously and just installed this version.

- Removed all folders except Squad
- Installed SSRSS folder
- Installed SVE folder (Ultra)
- Installed RSS Textures (8K)
- Downloaded and copied the Sigma folder

What I notice is that my system is still RSS sized and also clouds are so high that they are in space. Something is going wrong with the rescaling somehow as it is still 10x scale (RSS). Is there any way to check what I did wrong?

Spoiler

ssrss.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I had RSS installed previously and just installed this version.

- Removed all folders except Squad
- Installed SSRSS folder
- Installed SVE folder (Ultra)
- Installed RSS Textures (8K)
- Downloaded and copied the Sigma folder

What I notice is that my system is still RSS sized and also clouds are so high that they are in space. Something is going wrong with the rescaling somehow as it is still 10x scale (RSS). Is there any way to check what I did wrong?

Hide contents

ssrss.jpg

Delete RealSolarSystem and add the "Settings" .cfg from the SSRSS zip.