[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Yes optional rss textures go into the rss folder

Sounds like you have screwed this install up pretty bad then

People who know exactly what they're talking about tend to write instructions that expect the user to understand instructions they haven't got the experience to understand. That's why, when I was asked to write instructions for a secure data reporting system in 1995 (or '96) , I enlisted the help of the least tech-savvy guy in the shop. If he could understand the instructions I wrote, so could anyone else. Even then, it took about a week before I had instructions that were (nearly*) idiot-proof.

* Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot. They can really surprise you. :confused:

32 minutes ago, SSgt Baloo said:

People who know exactly what they're talking about tend to write instructions that expect the user to understand instructions they haven't got the experience to understand. That's why, when I was asked to write instructions for a secure data reporting system in 1995 (or '96) , I enlisted the help of the least tech-savvy guy in the shop. If he could understand the instructions I wrote, so could anyone else. Even then, it took about a week before I had instructions that were (nearly*) idiot-proof.

* Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot. They can really surprise you. :confused:

From the famous sigma.. " think of the people who download your mod like they're monkeys" 

And two questions I have (sorry if they are already answered before):

1. Is SSRSS compatible with PlanetShine?

2. Are all the recources from the USI mods (UKS, Karbonite (+)) available? 

Thanks!

On 7/7/2016 at 11:48 PM, CoriW said:

Hey so I seem to be getting some errors when I'm in the tracking station while looking at Saturn. It doesn't seem to be impeding the visuals or anything but it is spamming the logs pretty badly. Here's a screenshot as well as both the KSP.log and output_log.txt files. Also let me know if you have any questions or need me to try anything, I have quite a few mods installed so it may be an incompatibility somewhere but I'm not sure. Let me know what you guys think.

(KSP.log) (output_log.txt)

ad11e60b34c96fa17210cec905af7ab0.png

On 7/8/2016 at 0:20 AM, sDaZe said:

Ill look at it tomorrow, im tired :P

Hey, have you had a chance to take a look at this yet?

6 hours ago, LeuZ said:

And two questions I have (sorry if they are already answered before):

1. Is SSRSS compatible with PlanetShine?

2. Are all the recources from the USI mods (UKS, Karbonite (+)) available? 

Thanks!

It is compatible if you are willing to rewrite the cfg for the real solar system.  Changing the names of some planets,  like Kerbin to Earth,  would be easy, however,  you would have to write the cfg for planets like Titan and Ganymede ect.  but you would have to find the correct RGB values to get the correct color. 

40 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

How do you install the 0 inclination folder?

Copy *everything* (SSRSS folder too) in it into Gamedata and overwrite all. (do this operation very last after everything else is installed) 

Edited by SkyKaptn

7 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Copy *everything* (SSRSS folder too) in it into Gamedata and overwrite all. (do this operation very last after everything else is installed) 

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, QiJian said:

I deleted “force-d3d11”, problem solved.  :)

Does SSRSS Compatible with d3d11?

Seeing as you had problems, probably not

New wip Earth texture anyone? 

On 4/30/2016 at 9:49 PM, gkorgood said:

So a question on the exact scaling of various things then...

Earth is Kerbin size I'm guessing? Are all other scale values derived from that one? So the whole system is scaled by the same factor? Or is Earth Kerbin sized, Mars Duna sized, Venus Eve sized, etc...? And how are orbital altitudes/distances of the various planets/moons scaled?

Everything is scaled with Sigma dimensions, so they should have relativity stock oribts. For the outer gas planets on the other hand they should be the same orbits as the OPM mod  

edit: You can use the optional 0 inclination config and everything is stock, even orbits.  

Edited by sDaZe

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Seeing as you had problems, probably not

3 hours ago, QiJian said:

I deleted “force-d3d11”, problem solved.  :)

Does SSRSS Compatible with d3d11?

I use DX11 without issues. However, if you're using the 64 bit KSP, the complete line you need to add it's:  -force-d3d11-nosinglethread

otherwise you will crash very easily.

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

I use DX11 without issues. However, if you're using the 64 bit KSP, the complete line you need to add it's:  -force-d3d11-nosinglethread

otherwise you will crash very easily.

You are right!

I like this SSRSS,

Is it MechJeb compatible? which i  use a lot to keep the fun factor high.

I tried landing on the moon with a probe but kept crashing.

Could I use KOS scripting for most of my flights instead of MechJeb??

kind regards, algwat

7 minutes ago, algwat said:

I like this SSRSS,

Is it MechJeb compatible? which i  use a lot to keep the fun factor high.

I tried landing on the moon with a probe but kept crashing.

Could I use KOS scripting for most of my flights instead of MechJeb??

kind regards, algwat

Mechjeb works fine for me.  I have never used kos