[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

I have been trying to figure out how to get the clouds changing names in the cloud config file is confusing not sure what to change. any help would really be  appreciated

1 minute ago, stuff said:

I have been trying to figure out how to get the clouds changing names in the cloud config file is confusing not sure what to change. any help would really be  appreciated

Inside the clouds.cfg you'll see everything for every clouded planets. Except that the texture setting (something like SVE/Textures/kerbinclouds1), replace every Kerbin with Earth. It's easy if you use Notepad to just "Find Next" Kerbin and replace it.

Just now, Nansuchao said:

Inside the clouds.cfg you'll see everything for every clouded planets. Except that the texture setting (something like SVE/Textures/kerbinclouds1), replace every Kerbin with Earth. It's easy if you use Notepad to just "Find Next" Kerbin and replace it.

thanks for the info ill try and figure it out again

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Does not happen in stock @blackrack could probably tell you what it is, it might be an OpenGL issue, I am running Linux, see wireframe here

lqko3Re.png

Without

Dhz5EtT.png

Can you or anyone else with the issue test if it also happens under dx9 and dx11?

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Can you or anyone else with the issue test if it also happens under dx9 and dx11?

Well the others on the thread did not have this issue, I think I am the only OpenGL user, and I only have OSX or Linux to test with.

But the solution was a couple of posts down

8 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Ah damn, I know what I did wrong, I did a replace all, and I bet I changed the texture name

Edited by selfish_meme

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

But the solution was a couple of posts down

It's not a real solution though, It's basically "pushing" the messed up halo out of the mesh.

The halo shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Edited by blackrack

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It's not a real solution though, It's basically "pushing" the messed up halo out of the mesh.

The halo shouldn't be happening in the first place.

ah, though it only happened in this mod, both old and new dll, it never happened in the version I had before, but I did not have this mod installed before

Edited by selfish_meme

6 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

ah, though it only happened in this mod, both old and new dll, it never happened in the version I had before, but I did not have this mod installed before

Well I saw it briefly in yesterday's testing but not sure if it was in OpenGL or dx11.

It's basically the same as this: http://i.imgur.com/RLAg0ko.jpg Except now the mesh is a sphere containing the planet instead of a full-screen quad like in older versions, which means the effect gets limited to a certain sphere a bit bigger than the planet. This is also why it "works" when you change the atmosphere scale to "push" the halo out of the mesh.

Edited by blackrack

Where do you change the timewarp limits, i only have 100 when im halfway from moon and it takes a while to go just to high space, says something like i cant timewarp faster under 24500000 or something like that. maybe a zero to much or to less

Just now, Nansuchao said:

Are you using the LaunchSite Swithcer?

No, what you see there like yellow & red dots are only ground connection set for Remotech, KSC_Switcher done by regex it is not install

Finally tried this... Wonderful work so far!! Thank you!

SS = Scatterer removed / Distant Object Enhancement removed and Skybox replacement in place..

P7ch9Tt.jpg

Edited by styckx

I ve been ttying to make this work since yesterday to no avail. I m following the given directions, using the lowest textures for RSS-Textures folder. Still after the parts have loaded and before the main menu appears the game hangs with the mini solar system on the bottom right spinning and a message from the module manager about how many patches have been loaded from cache. I ve tried both 64 and 32bit. I waited for it for over 20 mins but it wont load nor crash. Anything I could provide u guys with to help me out?

Edited by Rahn1908

37 minutes ago, styckx said:

Finally tried this... Wonderful work so far!! Thank you!

SS = Scatterer removed / Distant Object Enhancement removed and Skybox replacement in place..

P7ch9Tt.jpg

that looks great!

28 minutes ago, Rahn1908 said:

I ve been ttying to make this work since yesterday to no avail. I m following the given directions, using the lowest textures for RSS-Textures folder. Still after the parts have loaded and before the main menu appears the game hangs with the mini solar system on the bottom right spinning and a message from the module manager about how many patches have been loaded from cache. I ve tried both 64 and 32bit. I waited for it for over 20 mins but it wont load nor crash. Anything I could provide u guys with to help me out?

I had the same thing happen to me there mods missing, the requirements on the first page show all the mods that need to be installed first

Mars is wonderful from far and from very close too

Spoiler

cdS3hGS.jpg

Spoiler

nvob0cd.jpg

Btw, I found an issue with Titan probably Scatterer related, while now I have no more the custom flare for no apparent reason. I have to dig this.

Spoiler

cs3Sf7T.jpg

12 minutes ago, stuff said:

I had the same thing happen to me there mods missing, the requirements on the first page show all the mods that need to be installed first. 

Sadly it seems i do have all the required mods, if whats needed is Sigma, RealSolarSystem and Kopernicus. Thanx for offering  advice tho, would aprecciate any otherGAMEDATA_zpsbjzsekeq.jpg