sDaZe

[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

 

Earth is Kerbin size I'm guessing? Are all other scale values derived from that one? So the whole system is scaled by the same factor? Or is Earth Kerbin sized, Mars Duna sized, Venus Eve sized, etc...? And how are orbital altitudes/distances of the various planets/moons scaled?

If you look at the photos in the OP showing all the planets off I make sure that you can see all the info of the planets. I still gotta few things to do atmosphere wise.

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sDaZe said:

If you look at the photos in the OP showing all the planets off I make sure that you can see all the info of the planets

I'll take a look in the morning, way to tired to compare numbers right now. They'll get all jumbled in my head, 'specially cuz I don't have the ones for the stock system or RL memorized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

I'll take a look in the morning, way to tired to compare numbers right now. They'll get all jumbled in my head, 'specially cuz I don't have the ones for the stock system or RL memorized.

Kerbins atmosphere basically starts at 70,000m i believe and the earth version starts at 103,000 right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehehehehe 

rsEBSYd.jpg

Also, Atmosphere on Europa anyone?

sUIeFCn.jpg

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sDaZe said:

 Been trying to go as realistic as possible, trying to make the atmosphere have a blueish haze as seen in this photo. Also trying to get a thick haze to the planet. 

titan-atmosphere.jpg

 

Mars's and Venus's Scatterer configs are pretty much done

 

Managed to get this look for titan ages ago using just EVE, though a lot of stuff with EVE has changed since then, and not sure how it would play in with scatterer.

etmmD55.png

Edited by pingopete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sDaZe Could you make an optional config to negate Earth's axial tilt ? I'm not good enough with KSP to deal with huge inclination differences but I still want to have an easy Real Solar System.

Thanks ! :)

@pingopete That Titan looks amazing !

Edited by TonyC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I have s^3 working.  Only needed 2 tweeks to get Florida out of the water and get Saturns rings to show up.  I'm curious what you mean when you say it's very broken... wondering if I missed something somewhere.  Is it just not being maintained anymore?  I guess I wouldn't have had to make those tweeks if it was...

I'm trying to nail down a good KSP scale Real solar system set up so I can stream in a realish system.  I want my Niece to be able to watch and be learning about the real solar system.  I don't want to confuse her and anyone else who watches by having the Kerbal system which is similar to but not really like our real system.

Right now I have KSP installed on my system 4 times over as I'm trying to check out different mods and compare and verify that they're scaling things right.

 

In RSS... SSS and now your mod Venus doesn't look right.  Shouldn't be able to see the surface at all... atmosphere is too thick for that.

Edited by FITorion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FITorion said:

Right now I have s^3 working.  Only needed 2 tweeks to get Florida out of the water and get Saturns rings to show up.  I'm curious what you mean when you say it's very broken... wondering if I missed something somewhere.  Is it just not being maintained anymore?  I guess I wouldn't have had to make those tweeks if it was...

I'm trying to nail down a good KSP scale Real solar system set up so I can stream in a realish system.  I want my Niece to be able to watch and be learning about the real solar system.  I don't want to confuse her and anyone else who watches by having the Kerbal system which is similar to but not really like our real system.

Right now I have KSP installed on my system 4 times over as I'm trying to check out different mods and compare and verify that they're scaling things right.

 

In RSS... SSS and now your mod Venus doesn't look right.  Shouldn't be able to see the surface at all... atmosphere is too thick for that.

S^3 also has problems of landing on other bodies where you can sink through the ground. 

Venus on the other hand looks that way because it doesnt have clouds. Check out @pingopete mod for that. 

3 hours ago, pingopete said:

Managed to get this look for titan ages ago using just EVE, though a lot of stuff with EVE has changed since then, and not sure how it would play in with scatterer.

 

Look at this video i made here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6Pl6i-OqQ

I spent hours upon hours making titan perfect, lol. I tried to go as realistic as possible, since there isnt actual sunset or SaturnSet? ( is that a word?) I kinda just guessed but yeah there isnt any pics or videos of that.

@TonyC

Yeah I can see if i can make a config for that! :) 

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.0 is pretty much ready to go, just gotta get the gas giants done. Then gotta make a config for no inclination. Here are some screens :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

1.0 is pretty much ready to go, just gotta get the gas giants done. Then gotta make a config for no inclination. Here are some screens :D 

 

WOW that looks incredible. My jaw hit the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible I cant wait for this. You have made alot of peoples wishes come true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TonyC said:

@sDaZe Could you make an optional config to negate Earth's axial tilt ? I'm not good enough with KSP to deal with huge inclination differences but I still want to have an easy Real Solar System.

Thanks ! :)

 

This is going to take awhile, have to go through each planet and change the tilt.. :P:P:P  

vI8BIpR.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sDaZe Reported. Nothing can ever look so good.

 

BTW, can you make the visuals an RSS config. Like damn, this is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sDaZe I think there's a way to just have a module manager patch to subtract some inclination to all planets 

I'm calling @Sigma88, who did that once. Maybe he could help you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TonyC said:

@sDaZe I think there's a way to just have a module manager patch to subtract some inclination to all planets 

 

I'm giving Jupiter and all the other gas planets the same inclination as jool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also included in the download is... NO INCLINATION! See photos below! @TonyC The first photo in the alblum is old. This is a completely optional download.

 

 

Also dont worry... pluto is just hiding somewhere... ill fix that 

38 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

@sDaZe Reported. Nothing can ever look so good.

 

BTW, can you make the visuals an RSS config. Like damn, this is awesome.

If you're looking for a rss scatterer config go to rve. Petes new work looks astonishing 

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sDaZe Thanks a lot ! It's incredibly helpful !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Also included in the update is... NO INCLINATION! See photos below! @TonyC The first photo in the alblum is old 

 

 

Also dont worry... pluto is just hiding somewhere... ill fix that 

If you're looking for a rss scatterer config go to rve. Petes new work looks astonishing 

@sDaZe Thanks. Keep up the good work my man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has this been released ??  im confused

Also included in the update is... NO INCLINATION! See photos below! @TonyC The first photo in the alblum is old 

this is why i am confused Also included in the update is??

Edited by stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the download isnt available, sorry I misworded that. The Inclination change is optional.    @stuff

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Uranus looking great thanks to my man @Berlin

 

will Uranus be getting rings? Will it have proper axial tilt?! These are the important questions...

/s, though I would be curious as to the answers of those questions. This is looking better and better with every screenshot you post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

No, the download isnt available, sorry I misworded that. The Inclination change is optional.    @stuff

thanks for clarifying I was looking thinking it was out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys but the download is going to be delayed. Found a pretty substantial bug with Pluto not showing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Sorry guys but the download is going to be delayed. Found a pretty substantial bug with Pluto not showing up. 

Don't worry, we can wait plenty, do you have any ETA's though ? (say 2019, it's safe :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.