Jump to content

[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

Thanks for the response, is there a work around in the meantime? I haven't seen this before in anyone's videos.

 Hit Alt + F10 (OR f11, not sure atm) and it should pull up the scatterer UI. Switch to the ocean tab and hit rebuild ocean. That fixes it, though it may come back (but then you can just rebuild ocean again and fix it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G'th said:

 Hit Alt + F10 (OR f11, not sure atm) and it should pull up the scatterer UI. Switch to the ocean tab and hit rebuild ocean. That fixes it, though it may come back (but then you can just rebuild ocean again and fix it)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

1.0.9

- Fixed a problem not allowing the new Biomes to work

- Added Stock Inclination back as a option 

- Updated the Readme

- Made the Sun a bit smaller to represent the size of the system

Hopefully it works.  ¯\_ツ_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're still skeptical about using the new textures :wink: 

@NathanKell Sure a difference between regular rss textures and these eh? 

We will be changing Earths yellow effect btw. 

Edited by sDaZe
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Terrible Inclinations said:

I think Ill use the stock inclinations for now but I literally just 30 minutes ago did a Moon landing on my career run by eye since I haven't upgraded the tracking center yet, Spitballing the inclination is definitely a fun challenge though, I may add that back later

I feel like your name has some secret meaning here... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to be a nickpicker but now it seems like the atmosphere isn't all there, as though its just clouds pasted over the ground. Missing the haze you typically see from scatterer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, G'th said:

I hate to be a nickpicker but now it seems like the atmosphere isn't all there, as though its just clouds pasted over the ground. Missing the haze you typically see from scatterer. 

I had the same thing on my mind. I told @Berlin He seems very happy to have to redo it :X

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Fixed a problem not allowing the new Biomes to work

- Added Stock Inclination back as a option 

- Updated the Readme

- Made the Sun a bit smaller to represent the size of the system

> How about providing a zip that's simply the changes between N and N-1 versions ? (The main download is 700+ mb... so having to download it again simply to get an updated cfg/dll is a bit of a pain)

Thanks

Mooner

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Hey everyone,

 

I am trying to play this mod not with scaling factor 0.1 but 0.57 RSS -> that some kiind of gives 6.4 stock again.

Therefor I switched back to scatterer from the official release. This solves two issues for me.

- Earth does not look that much of yellow/green anymore.

- I get better transition from atmosphere to space (up to now I always got half the screen blocked by a ghost scatter layer with the curvature of the planet)

 

But I really will keep the biome map for Moon - it helps to overcame a shortage of available science points in the beginng (using Engineering Based Techtree here)

 

Thanks for all that good work!

Has the new biome maps worked correctly for everyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding the transition from space to to the planets' surfaces. What happens to the textures during the transition? Is there a way to (still) make that transition more fluid?

Is there maybe even a tutorial how that can be influenced? I'd like to help improving that as I find it's quite immersion-breaking when the planet's texture looks fantastic from far out and when landed the surface looks great as well (with storms etc.) but the way from 100.000 m downwards looks ugly.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Has the new biome maps worked correctly for everyone?

In fact the biomes now seem to work properly. I haven't done any science tests but a quick HyperEdit to the Moon with a "SCANSAT" Multispectral Scanner gives the following overlay/map:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

I have a question regarding the transition from space to to the planets' surfaces. What happens to the textures during the transition? Is there a way to (still) make that transition more fluid?

Is there maybe even a tutorial how that can be influenced? I'd like to help improving that as I find it's quite immersion-breaking when the planet's texture looks fantastic from far out and when landed the surface looks great as well (with storms etc.) but the way from 100.000 m downwards looks ugly.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

You can play around with the pqs setting found in the RSSkopernicus folder. Just go to each individual body and adjust it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, hoover2701 said:

In fact the biomes now seem to work properly. I haven't done any science tests but a quick HyperEdit to the Moon with a "SCANSAT" Multispectral Scanner gives the following overlay/map:

 

Great to hear! That is what I saw as well, but I just wanted to make sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Berlin said:

You can play around with the pqs setting found in the RSSkopernicus folder. Just go to each individual body and adjust it.  

OK, thanks. I'll have a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...