Jump to content

[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System


Recommended Posts

@selfish_meme I'll just get my shorts and beach rain coat out. 

 

BTT:

A real color image from those NASA guys:

venus_atmosphere.jpg

When I compare this with the latest screenshot I can't really tell which is real and which is ksp.

Edited by lCristol
Link to post
Share on other sites

PLS somebody helm me to install it 
Everytime i had install it my ksp dont start and just unlimited downloading 

a always follow the instructions

Edited by TobyMac
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TobyMac said:

PLS somebody helm me to install it 
Everytime i had install it my ksp dont start and just unlimited downloading 

a always follow the instructions

It sounds like you did not install rss-textures like the instructions say

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the next update, I know my clouds are not quite as good as yours, and I am not using SVE ultra yet, but since I saved myself some memory I might make the change, the moon looks weird though from orbit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fascinated by the custom Biomes pap1723 did of Earth and Moon so I decided to test the same for Mars.

These are the 20 Biomes found in my MarsBiomes.png:

Olympus Mons
Valles Marineris
Elysium Mons
Alba Mons
Tharsis Montes
Tempe Terra
Major Craters
Arean Canyons
Amazonis Planitia
North Ice Cap
South Ice Cap
Argyre Planitia
Hellas Planitia
Utopia Planitia
Terra Cimmeria
Terra Sirenum
Terra Sabaea
Highlands
Midlands
Lowlands

I do not know if they work ingame (Science etc.) as I am no modder and I am unsure whether there is a maximum number of biomes a celestial body might have so maybe this was all in vain... :D Nevertheless the biomes show up when I use SCANSAT so there's hope! maybe someone of you can clarify this? In fact it was hard enough for me to find out how the colors are generated but in the end I succeeded.

Feel free to download the ZIP-file with the "MarsBiomes.png" and "Mars.cfg" in it. They already are in the correct directories so all you have to do is copy the contents of the "GameData" folder in yours.

And of course they might be integrated in this sensational mod! Thank you for your hard work and your responsive attitude! Keep it up!

Download ZIP-file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By11lzwkefXfNUZKRXhpb1VsLVk/view?usp=sharing

 

 

Edited by hoover2701
Wrong IMGUR album
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! First, I'd like to say that this is one outstanding mod! I've had a pleasure using it thus far. However, I'm getting an issue where I see aurora but no clouds; any idea what it could be? Much thanks!

Edit: It's not just Earth that lacks clouds. EVE doesn't seem to be effecting any of the other bodies as well. 

 

Edited by TrainWiz
More context
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrainWiz said:

Hi! First, I'd like to say that this is one outstanding mod! I've had a pleasure using it thus far. However, I'm getting an issue where I see aurora but no clouds; any idea what it could be? Much thanks!

Edit: It's not just Earth that lacks clouds. EVE doesn't seem to be effecting any of the other bodies as well. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an error in the LaunchSites.cfg that causes ModuleManager to report an error on the loading screen and not making its cache file. This error only makes an appearance when KSC Switcher is installed, giving a false report that Sigma Dimensions is behind it.
Solution: One of the lines in GameData/SSRSS/LaunchSites.cfg says heightMapDeformity = 80E when it should be 80 (Thanks Sigma88)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2016 at 8:48 AM, Berlin said:

@selfish_meme I'm in class right now and cant check your Jupiter issue but try this for the missing hurricane texture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltsd1zkpywahdqh/Textures.zip?dl=0

 just drop these textures in your SVE textures folder and let me know if it fixed it. I don't know how the DL that @sDaZe uploaded wouldn't have the DetailStorm texture. I know he had it running perfect and was taking awesome screenshots with it. I'm sure he just packaged his game together so its strange its missing. either way, try those textures.

 

Is this the Ultra textures? I am having the same issue of the clouds not showing up but I use the medium res version of SVE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

There is an error in the LaunchSites.cfg that causes ModuleManager to report an error on the loading screen and not making its cache file. This error only makes an appearance when KSC Switcher is installed, giving a false report that Sigma Dimensions is behind it.
Solution: One of the lines in GameData/SSRSS/LaunchSites.cfg says heightMapDeformity = 80E when it should be 80 (Thanks Sigma88)

Ah this may fix some other issues I was seeing

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

There should be a update out tomorrow to fix and add things. Lets give @Berlin A big applause for adding the clouds 

 

Dat Jupiter tho. *Heavy breathing*

Looks amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2016 at 10:35 PM, selfish_meme said:

@Berlin Just found an error in the scatterer folder, probably doesn't matter for you Windows users but case does on Linux and Mac, I kept getting this error spammed to my log

[EXC 13:28:27.054] FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/user/.steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/scatterer/config/Io/Proland/Textures/Atmo/inscatter.raw".

 

I totally forgot to look at this tonight. I'll done check tomorrow 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

There is an error in the LaunchSites.cfg that causes ModuleManager to report an error on the loading screen and not making its cache file. This error only makes an appearance when KSC Switcher is installed, giving a false report that Sigma Dimensions is behind it.
Solution: One of the lines in GameData/SSRSS/LaunchSites.cfg says heightMapDeformity = 80E when it should be 80 (Thanks Sigma88)

I thought it was because of the KSCSwitcher config in Sigma Dimensions having two references to 'Kerbin' instead of 'Earth.' I changed those and it disappeared

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Meteor Man said:

I'm no a modder, guys, so I am unsure if this is a game limitation:

is there any way to make Venus spin retrograde?

eagerly awaiting the update :) looks great

You want the planet to orbit in reverse or just have the clouds spinning in retrograde? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Berlin said:

You want the planet to orbit in reverse or just have the clouds spinning in retrograde? 

for the realism, it's gotta spin retrograde like in real life. I'd like to see sunrise in the west. I'll admit it's not that important for gameplay purposes, as the rotation speed is so slow anyway.

retrograde cloud motion might be a good alternative. just flip the texture

Edited by Meteor Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Berlin said:

You want the planet to orbit in reverse or just have the clouds spinning in retrograde? 

Venus doesn't orbit in reverse I believe it spins in reverse? Could be wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Venus doesn't orbit in reverse I believe it spins in reverse? Could be wrong

Yes, spins. Retrograde rotation.

 

on another note, I assume Triton is orbiting retrograde, yes?   it is, *thumbs up*

Edited by Meteor Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2016 at 9:21 AM, hoover2701 said:

I was fascinated by the custom Biomes pap1723 did of Earth and Moon so I decided to test the same for Mars.

These are the 20 Biomes found in my MarsBiomes.png:

Olympus Mons
Valles Marineris
Elysium Mons
Alba Mons
Tharsis Montes
Tempe Terra
Major Craters
Arean Canyons
Amazonis Planitia
North Ice Cap
South Ice Cap
Argyre Planitia
Hellas Planitia
Utopia Planitia
Terra Cimmeria
Terra Sirenum
Terra Sabaea
Highlands
Midlands
Lowlands

I do not know if they work ingame (Science etc.) as I am no modder and I am unsure whether there is a maximum number of biomes a celestial body might have so maybe this was all in vain... :D Nevertheless the biomes show up when I use SCANSAT so there's hope! maybe someone of you can clarify this? In fact it was hard enough for me to find out how the colors are generated but in the end I succeeded.

Feel free to download the ZIP-file with the "MarsBiomes.png" and "Mars.cfg" in it. They already are in the correct directories so all you have to do is copy the contents of the "GameData" folder in yours.

And of course they might be integrated in this sensational mod! Thank you for your hard work and your responsive attitude! Keep it up!

Download ZIP-file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By11lzwkefXfNUZKRXhpb1VsLVk/view?usp=sharing

 

 

Ill add it into the mod and lets just hope it works ⚆ _ ⚆

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

1.1.1

- Added Clouds to Venus (SVE)

- Added Clouds to Jupiter (SVE)

- Added Clouds to Saturn (SVE)

- Made the Hurricane on Earth better (SVE)

- Fixed some cloud bugs

- Fixed a error bug with KSCSwitcher  

- Added stock orbits and stock inclination as a option 

- Redid Venus's Scatterer

- Made Neptune's texture better

- Added more Mars Biomes (Thanks Hoover2701)

- Fixed a few other small bugs 

Hopefully nothing broke :P  

Also would you guys be interested in something like this on titan? 

solarsystemwiki-The-north-pole-vortex-on

 

Edited by sDaZe
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...