[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

47 minutes ago, Bleddyn said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I could not find it already discussed in the thread.

Has anyone made updated configs for using Final Frontier with this mod? I noticed in the FF thread @Berlin saying he would make some for this mod and I was just wondering if that ever happened. I would love to use them both together.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!

I was going to start working on them when I got time.  It's really simple to do just a bit tedious especially with the amount planets in this mod.  I mean I could have it done within a few days but some planets would have the same color ribbons.  I just have been pretty preoccupied getting ssrss up and running. Maybe this weekend I'll have it done. It's a mod I use religiously when I actually play so I think I definitely need get on it. 

Edited by Berlin

On 1.6.2016 at 6:51 AM, sDaZe said:

Does anyone have any ideas of what we should do next? Like we've pretty much done everything we wanted.

-hi-res ground textures for very low altitudes
-6.4 or 10x Redux 

42 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm not upset, even if it came off that way..  It's just.. Earth doesn't look like Earth as we know it anymore..  It doesn't look "bad" but it's not an accurate portrayal of Earth clouds anymore like it has in past interations. It doesn't trick your mind that earth has weather and wind patterns anymore.. It gives you the impressions cottonballs are there and earth rotates under them..  

Well considering SVE is made for the stock KSP system and I make it to look nice, not accurate, I don't really think about those things when I work on it :P

13 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

-hi-res ground textures for very low altitudes
-6.4 or 10x Redux 

Isn't a 10x redux just RSS? :P

5 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Well considering SVE is made for the stock KSP system and I make it to look nice, not accurate, I don't really think about those things when I work on it :P

And I can respect that... :)

51 minutes ago, styckx said:

I'm not upset, even if it came off that way..  It's just.. Earth doesn't look like Earth as we know it anymore..  It doesn't look "bad" but it's not an accurate portrayal of Earth clouds anymore like it has in past interations. It doesn't trick your mind that earth has weather and wind patterns anymore.. It gives you the impressions cottonballs are there and earth rotates under them..  

Use normal EVE then?

I was just thinking about it and you should be able to go into the old sve download and find that old texture and replace the new one and you should have the old clouds with that. I'll try when I get home and let you know. Or you can just beat me to it

Just now, Berlin said:

I was just thinking about it and you should be able to go into the old sve download and find that old texture and replace the new one and you should have the old clouds with that. I'll try when I get home and let you know. Or you can just beat me to it

I started and it's not the same.. He changed a lot with the configuration over time besides just the texture..   It's not a big deal and was cranky as hell this morning... That's really what it boils down too. :D

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

I started and it's not the same.. He changed a lot with the configuration over time besides just the texture..   It's not a big deal and was cranky as hell this morning... That's really what it boils down too. :D

Ah well I'll still see what I can do. No worries I was cranky too :)

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

Ah well I'll still see what I can do. No worries I was cranky too :)

Yup.. Basic human nature.. We have issues outside internet forums. :) Thankfully we all seem to be mature enough to not get 12 year old on Xbox Live about it.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

Yup.. Basic human nature.. We have issues outside internet forums. :) Thankfully we all seem to be mature enough to not get 12 year old on Xbox Live about it.  :lol:

I was driving to class at 6am since I live 1hr and a half from my school so I'm typically cranky on Monday and Thursday. I just get short with people on those days 

1 minute ago, Berlin said:

I was driving to class at 6am since I live 1hr and a half from my school so I'm typically cranky on Monday and Thursday. I just get short with people on those days 

EMT, work 12hr shifts on the road, and had to take my sick cat to the vet today on a day off..  Burn out + my poor kitty is sick = Blunt and to the point speaking

6 minutes ago, Berlin said:

3 minutes ago, styckx said:

EMT, work 12hr shifts on the road, and had to take my sick cat to the vet today on a day off..  Burn out + my poor kitty is sick = Blunt and to the point speaking

Me when reading this

grinch-heart-grow-three-sizes.gif

On 1.6.2016 at 9:41 PM, Berlin said:

Thats strange I'm not having any problem on Mars at all.  Might want to post your logs.  Do not post your logs directly on here, Please use dropbox for your logs and post the link here. Or if you want just send me your save and I'll test it out

ok here is my dropbox link with the log and the save, just alt f9 and select the one called "landed on mars all science in pods". Its was made in an earlier version of ssrss so your rover will load underground but it comes up. So far ive tried going straight forward with the rover with the kerbals and i got 2 km out before i fell through the ground, going left and backwards i only made it out to 1,5/1.6 km

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7a22peca892wxc5/AAAGX6H-o8thtR66HA8LoLTZa?dl=0

Edited by Example

1 hour ago, Example said:

ok here is my dropbox link with the log and the save, just alt f9 and select the one called "landed on mars all science in pods". Its was made in an earlier version of ssrss so your rover will load underground but it comes up. So far ive tried going straight forward with the rover with the kerbals and i got 2 km out before i fell through the ground, going left and backwards i only made it out to 1,5/1.6 km

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7a22peca892wxc5/AAAGX6H-o8thtR66HA8LoLTZa?dl=0

ok just tested and make it 10k in all directions... perhaps remove ALL other mods and place whatever other mods you use in one at a time until it happens again. other than that I don't know what could be causing the issue

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

@styckx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltsd1zkpywahdqh/Textures.zip?dl=0

try this and let me know if it works for you.

Perfect happy medium between old and new.. My OCD can enjoy this.  Has the "wispy" cloud bands like high and low pressure systems are at work...   Earth is alive again!!! Thank you.. You didn't have to do that.. :) But.. Yes.. This... Is is our lovely planet.

hGP6nSl.jpg

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Perfect happy medium between old and new.. My OCD can enjoy this.  Has the "wispy" cloud bands like high and low pressure systems are at work...   Earth is alive again!!! Thank you.. You didn't have to do that.. :) But.. Yes.. This... Is is our lovely planet.

hGP6nSl.jpg

Glad you like it. I thought it looked pretty cool :)

10 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Glad you like it. I thought it looked pretty cool :)

I used to spend hours, days, weeks, in Photoshop texturing aircraft in FSX/Prepar3D and also Train Simulator... I  loved it and was OCD for detail.. Couldn't help it.. Just the way my brain is wired.

But..  Sometimes "Less is more"  and what you just did scratched that itch...

Edited by styckx

ok ill try reinstalling and getting everything fresh, but only mods i have apart from those supplied are ker, mj ,realplume, navhud and texturereplacer. . so i cant really figure out how they would be an issue . Thanks for your work on this mod so far though its very awesome

Edited by Example

29 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

If you want to make that the default I won't complain, as long as it still looks as nice in atmosphere

I played with it for while earlier and it looks good

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

If you want to make that the default I won't complain, as long as it still looks as nice in atmosphere

If we do that think how upset @Nhawks17 would get :(