[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

Sorry I haven't been active the last few days.  My wife surprised me with a trip to the beach and a bit of relaxing.  I'll get thing going again as soon as I get home!  We pretty much have an update ready.  I just goofed on a few little things that I need to fix. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend! 

I just wanted to give you folks contributing a big shoutout & thanks — seriously, thank you. Your effort is so appreciated, if you've got donation links forward them my way :) I've battled for the last few weeks at trying to love the regular 'ol RSS (& thank you Nathan & co. for that project! How wonderful it is) — I love getting the opportunity to appreciate the immensity of our solar system, and showing it off to my kids.

Despite my best efforts, sadly, this dad can barely get pebbles to orbit in RSS (though I will keep trying), and, rather than have a light understanding of fuels & physics, and try to unhappily bruteforce my way into space (by sheer luck & stupidity mostly), you folks have stepped up & built exactly what I was after, I think it's the perfect combination for us filthy rocket loving casuals.

Thank you.

Captain Kerbin well said....I agree this mod is absolutely fantastic!! Hey sDaZe if you and Berlin setup donation links I know I will contribute to your caffeine additions...Just sayin.....Wonderful mod guys :) 

7 hours ago, Captain Kerbin said:

I just wanted to give you folks contributing a big shoutout & thanks — seriously, thank you. Your effort is so appreciated, if you've got donation links forward them my way :) I've battled for the last few weeks at trying to love the regular 'ol RSS (& thank you Nathan & co. for that project! How wonderful it is) — I love getting the opportunity to appreciate the immensity of our solar system, and showing it off to my kids.

Despite my best efforts, sadly, this dad can barely get pebbles to orbit in RSS (though I will keep trying), and, rather than have a light understanding of fuels & physics, and try to unhappily bruteforce my way into space (by sheer luck & stupidity mostly), you folks have stepped up & built exactly what I was after, I think it's the perfect combination for us filthy rocket loving casuals.

Thank you.

This is a beautiful post and sums up perfectly (I think) why this mod is so well received..  Kudos!

9 hours ago, Captain Kerbin said:

Thank you.

@Duckyb4

Thanks for your offer with the donation. But if you're going to give anyone here money give it to people like @Sigma88 @blackrack and Nathan, they are the people who deserve it. I personally have wanted a mod like this since rss came out, but no one made it. So Berlin and I made it ourselves. That message was very well written, thanks! 

Edited by sDaZe

6 hours ago, sDaZe said:

@Duckyb4

Thanks for your offer with the donation. But if you're going to give anyone here money give it to people like @Sigma88 @blackrack and Nathan, they are the people who deserve it. I personally have wanted a mod like this since rss came out, but no one made it. So Berlin and I made it ourselves. That message was very well written, thanks! 

thanks for mentioning me @sDaZe, but I believe that @Thomas P. deserves to be mentioned more than me.

he is maintaining and developing kopernicus which is way more important for planet creation than anything I have done

also, (this is for everybody) remember that donations are wellcome but they are not what drives modders, people sharing their experience with the mod is what motivate most modders.

So make sure you go to the kopernicus thread and give some love to that wonderful mod! :D

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

thanks for mentioning me @sDaZe, but I believe that @Thomas P. deserves to be mentioned more than me.

he is maintaining and developing kopernicus which is way more important for planet creation than anything I have done

also, (this is for everybody) remember that donations are wellcome but they are not what drives modders, people sharing their experience with the mod is what motivate most modders.

So make sure you go to the kopernicus thread and give some love to that wonderful mod! :D

Oh I like this whole pay it forward thing!

Just now, StickyScissors said:

This mod is absolutely amazing!

Too bad my GPU can't handle it though, even with lowest res textures and graphics all the way down, i get 30FPS with a 20 part rocket :I

Well with the coming update it should be a little lighter and more fps friendly

1 hour ago, StickyScissors said:

Hope so, there's only so much a R7 250X can handle

Yeah i feel you.  I'm planning on getting a gtx 1070 or 1080 tomorrow.  I have a 980 and it's awesome.  I just have a thing where I have to have the newest thing available unless I'm talked out of it

On 6/11/2016 at 8:37 PM, Sᴄɪɴᴛɪʟʟᴀᴛá´ÂÊ€ said:

Is there something wrong with the value for low sun orbit? Its supposed to be at 1 Mm if its the same scale as stock but I managed to get down below 400,000 km (before beginning to explode due to heat) and still hadn't reached the threshold for low orbit.

XqpuQRT.jpg

So... Am I alone with this issue or something? Has anyone else tried to complete a contract which needs data from a low solar orbit?

So as I've been playing the mod more and more, some things arise:

Has any thought been given to trying to extend the Earth SOI a bit? I've been making flights to the Moon and it takes the same amount of dV (and sometimes less) to get an escape trajectory as it is to get a Lunar fly by, so I'm essentially having to fight the maneuver node to get a good Lunar flyby instead of flying right out of the system.

On the subject of the Moon, is tidal locking supposed to happen? It certainly isn't in my install if so.

Can't figure out what's going on..

Deleted KSP to do a fresh install.. Installed Sigma, 8k RSS textures.. SSRSS as normal.. Around 24k when I move the camera now the oceans will randomly flicker what's looks like land textures..

Edited by styckx

41 minutes ago, styckx said:

Can't figure out what's going on..

Deleted KSP to do a fresh install.. Installed Sigma, 8k RSS textures.. SSRSS as normal.. Around 24k when I move the camera now the oceans will randomly flicker what's looks like land textures..

Alt+f10 and check that the oceanmesh or whatever it's called is set to 1 and not 4. Also it should be noted that the "fix"  is not perfect and there will sometimes be flickering :/ I'm still hoping blackrack will be able to tackle that with the upcoming ksp update. Until then just get as far away from kerbin as you can! :D

Edited by Berlin

20 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Alt+f10 and check that the oceanmesh or whatever it's called is set to 1 and not 4. Also it should be noted that the "fix"  is not perfect and there will sometimes be flickering :/ I'm still hoping blackrack will be able to tackle that with the upcoming ksp update. Until then just get as far away from kerbin as you can! :D

The head scratching thing is.. My setup before. I never recall this happening.. I don't know why a fresh install would introduce this

Styckx I had something similar happen to me once. The ocean was flickering close to the shoreline and overlapping some. The alt+f10 reload ocean didn't resolve it neither. I got it to clear up by deleting the cache files and the module cache and reloaded KSP. It cleared it up once everything reloaded. It may be worth a try :wink:

1 hour ago, styckx said:

What files are those exactly?

Every module manager file in your gamedata folder.  Just don't delete the modulmanager.2.6.25.dll oh and you can go into your RSS kopernicus folder and delete the cache folder there too

Edited by Berlin