[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

7 hours ago, Berlin said:

Sweet!  How is your Mars atmosphere coming? 

Well I've gotten the kind of blue icy outline you see in some pictures on Mars, still playing around with it :)

22 hours ago, Duski said:

Well got some sweet pics of Australia (where i'm from! :)) from my sputnik satellite :D 

Love seeing peoples pictures! Post more :3 

Im back. Coming back from taking a break anyways... 

Also @Berlin Is feeling unmotivated to work on the mod, im sure if some of you tell him how good of a job hes doing and stuff he'll appreciate it :wink: 

Edited by sDaZe

So, part of the reason i had to leave was because of my computer, its just old and slow and would randomly shut off in the middle of working on the mod, which gets really, really frustrating. I feel bad for asking for anything but being a full time student and rent and other daily life things lol I cant afford to buy a new computer. So if you have any spare change or whatever amount that i could use to get a new computer, it would greatly help. Thanks. 

https://www.paypal.me/sDaZe

MOD IS NOW UPDATED TO 1.1.3 IT INCLUDES SOME CHANGES! SHOULD BE ANOTHER VISUAL UPDATE COMING SOON! 

Edited by sDaZe

7 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Im back. Coming back from taking a break anyways... 

Also @Berlin Is feeling unmotivated to work on the mod, im sure if some of you tell him how good of a job hes doing and stuff he'll appreciate it :wink: 

that sucks that his not motivated... he's done a great job with this mod! Want this mod to keep developing as it has some great potential :D

and about pictures, fiddling around with Mars's atmosphere to make it like the video. will keep you posted :)

Edited by Duski

@sDaZe I sent you what I could spare at this point. You are welcome. I love the mod and would hate to see it abandoned.

@Berlin I hope you find new motivation when your internet gets upgraded. SSRSS is a great mod... I use the stock system as test ground only now, all real missions are done in a SSRSS install, and I just love that way of playing KSP.

Thanks for the latest 1.1.3 update, guys. Much appreciated.

Edited by Dafni

Well hell do I have lots of screenshots for you guys!

Will get some up out of the many I took :)

EDIT: Got the screenies!

Edited by Duski
SCREENIES!

42 minutes ago, Duski said:

Well hell do I have lots of screenshots for you guys!

Will get some up out of the many I took :)

EDIT: Got the screenies!

Those are amazing! Those shot around the moon, I know it gets blury, but that makes it look even cooler!

Edited by Berlin

I'm not saying this mod will play second fiddle to SVE but if you want a sneak at some textures making their way over to this mod go check out SVE

Edited by Berlin

5 hours ago, Dafni said:

@sDaZe I sent you what I could spare at this point. You are welcome. I love the mod and would hate to see it abandoned.

Honestly anything helps, thanks so much! This mod will never be abandoned, even tho hours of work have been lost to a stupid computer :confused:

@Berlin @sDaZe, I don't think is needed that I show anymore how much I appreciate your job with SSRSS, but, just in case: actually the wallpaper of my pc is a screen of Titan from orbit, with the beautiful atmosphere made from you. I was waiting for a mod like this from when I began to play KSP, back in 0.0.8, with no orbit, no spaceplanes, nothing except Kerbin, 3 Kerbals, a command pod and few other parts. With SSRSS this became reality, one of the few situations when the reality is better than the dream. The visual effects are stunning and the continuos "awe" mood I'm in when using your mod is worth other 10 years of waiting.

Do you lack motivation Berlin? That's human, you work really hard and you're not paid for this, so take a deep breath, focus on the important things, rest for a while but don't forget that here, you made an immortal masterpiece that both of you must be proud of.

From a technical point of view, the mod is almost finished, some little tweaks and you just need to update it when some dependancies change, maybe.

sDaZe, I'm not rich, but I will contribute a little as soon as I can. But, no money can describe enough the respect and ammiration I have for both of you.

15 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

@Berlin @sDaZe, I don't think is needed that I show anymore how much I appreciate your job with SSRSS, but, just in case: actually the wallpaper of my pc is a screen of Titan from orbit, with the beautiful atmosphere made from you. I was waiting for a mod like this from when I began to play KSP, back in 0.0.8, with no orbit, no spaceplanes, nothing except Kerbin, 3 Kerbals, a command pod and few other parts. With SSRSS this became reality, one of the few situations when the reality is better than the dream. The visual effects are stunning and the continuos "awe" mood I'm in when using your mod is worth other 10 years of waiting.

Do you lack motivation Berlin? That's human, you work really hard and you're not paid for this, so take a deep breath, focus on the important things, rest for a while but don't forget that here, you made an immortal masterpiece that both of you must be proud of.

From a technical point of view, the mod is almost finished, some little tweaks and you just need to update it when some dependancies change, maybe.

sDaZe, I'm not rich, but I will contribute a little as soon as I can. But, no money can describe enough the respect and ammiration I have for both of you.

Thanks so much, that paragraph got to me. This mod started out as a side project of mine that i wanted to create because no one else would, you saying you wanted something like this since the beginning of ksp is exactly how i felt, then my partner and friend berlin came along and boosted this mod to new heights. Just wait till you see the update that is coming out in a few hours, your shock and awe from the new visuals will be like 10x XD. Thanks for the donation, anything helps honestly, im saving up for a new computer because the one i have now crashes sometimes in the middle of things and i have to restart, its the most frustrating thing ever, lol. Anyways thanks for that inspirational paragraph :) 

Hey guys, I was just looking through the planet configs and I believe that there is an error in the configs for Jupiter.cfg, Neptune.cfg, Saturn.cfg, and Uranus.cfg.

The "staticPressureASL" value should be set to 101325 (which is the atmospheric pressure at 0m as defined in the pressureCurve), however in all of the gas giants it is currently set to 101.325 (which is the atmospheric pressure of Earth at sea level.)

7 minutes ago, CoriW said:

Hey guys, I was just looking through the planet configs and I believe that there is an error in the configs for Jupiter.cfg, Neptune.cfg, Saturn.cfg, and Uranus.cfg.

The "staticPressureASL" value should be set to 101325 (which is the atmospheric pressure at 0m as defined in the pressureCurve), however in all of the gas giants it is currently set to 101.325 (which is the atmospheric pressure of Earth at sea level.)

ohh, good catch, changing now! Thanks man

4 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

ohh, good catch, changing now! Thanks man

Yeah no problem. I'd previously made those changes to my own configs before you guys officially updated them, so me being my paranoid self I decided to check the configs again after the update. :wink:

Edited by CoriW

16 minutes ago, Tunny33 said:

hi great mod i love this im just wondering if there is a way to remove all of the other locations around earth, would deleting them from the cfg file work? 

there should only be 1? Do you have KSC switcher installed? 

On 4/30/2016 at 0:02 PM, sDaZe said:

- Fixed atmosphere pressures on gas giants ( Thanks @CoriW ) 

- overhauled almost all clouds on the bodies (SVE)

- added Vortex's and Auroras to bodies 

- Fixed a few minor bugs 

:)  NEW VERSION!! GET IT WHILE ITS HOT

Edited by sDaZe

17 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

there should only be 1? Do you have KSC switcher installed? 

:)  NEW VERSION!! GET IT WHILE ITS HOT

Oh.. My.. God.. *drools*

ok so i think i sorted it i deleted all other launch sites from the launch site.cfg and remote tech.cfg except the ksc so now i should get all the other sites and there lil dots for remote tech

Edited by Tunny33

@sDaZe This is a great mod! You and those who contributed did an amazing job! I tried to install this a while ago and for some reason couldn't get it up and running, but I decided to give it another try today and had absolutely no problems. I haven't spent really any time playing it yet, just been trying to make sure SSRSS is running smooth with the other mods I plan on running. Since it takes a while to load the game, test a mod, close the game, install a mod, load, etc. I was hoping I could ask a few questions (relating to mod and just general questions) about that maybe you or someone else would have the answers to:

• Are Earth's dimensions and altitude of the atmosphere the same as stock Kerbin's?
  • Have you heard or know about any problems with SSRSS and FAR/DeadlyReentry or any other mods?
  • Should I run the clock in the stock 6 hour day or a 24 hour day?
  • Can SSRSS be run with mods that add new star(s) and planets? If so, would you have any suggestions?
  • Are there any mods you personally recommend?

If any of these questions have been answered earlier in the posts, there's no need to answer them. I'm must a little drugged up because of a back issue at the moment and my visions a little blurry. I did see that you're trying to get a new computer and I would help you, but I'm in the same boat as you with school. The KSP community is far too reliant on our modders (I don't think I've played without mods since I downloaded the demo) for us to not help y'all out and keep y'all happy! I will try to help out as soon as I can