[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

32 minutes ago, Six6igma said:

I'm looking forward to trying this mod when it updates to 1.2. Reading through this thread has taught me some things to help express what I am looking for. Textures. The version of KSP I want to play is the version as produced and developed by Squad, but I just want to change only its textures in order to make the planets and moons of the Kerbal System look like the planets and moons of our real world Solar System. I don't want to change any of the underlying math (any more than necessary to apply new textures). Stock Size Real Solar System sounds like just the mod I am looking for. I am so happy this mod exists.

I am having to try and rewrite some cfgs to get Sigma Dimensions to work properly. I hopefully will have time this weekend to finish it all

50 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I am having to try and rewrite some cfgs to get Sigma Dimensions to work properly. I hopefully will have time this weekend to finish it all

I am confident I will be able to fix the atmosphere problems before the weekend.

Worst case scanario I release the current solution I have which is not perfect buy good enough

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I am confident I will be able to fix the atmosphere problems before the weekend.

Worst case scanario I release the current solution I have which is not perfect buy good enough

Its all good take your time. :) I am also looking at just rewriting the cfgs completely and giving them scaled radius' and atmospheres... of course i would much rather just use SD lol

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

Its all good take your time. :) I am also looking at just rewriting the cfgs completely and giving them scaled radius' and atmospheres... of course i would much rather just use SD lol

Ok, so, I think I've reached a solution I am ok with.

You can try downloading the Development branch from github and use that one.

Let me know if you have problems with it

If it works fine I'll release it later today

Edited by Sigma88

35 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Ok, so, I think I've reached a solution I am ok with.

You can try downloading the Development branch from github and use that one.

Let me know if you have problems with it

If it works fine I'll release it later today

works like a charm! thanks! 

Edited by Galileo

After much procrastination hard work, I finally have finished updating it.. I couldn't find @sDaZe online so he could post the link so ill make an executive decision and post it. Here it is:

UPDATE

v2.0.4

Brings SSRSS up to date with latest KSP (1.2.1)

• 6 hour kerbal days
  • Better performance with SVE
  • Added ground textures to ALL celestial bodies (still a wip though)
  • Reduced download size
  • Other little fixes

More features to come soon

Install instructions included in the download

To get the correct look for the Moon, you MUST install the optional RSS-Textures included in the download

Known Issues

• Clouds do not show up in main menu
  • Scatterer (atmospheric haze) does not show up in main menu or in tracking station
  • Small amount of "z fighting" between ocean and land on Earth. I'm working on a fix.

Until sDaZe uploads it to SpaceDock, It will only be on GitHub... SpaceDock is too slow anyway.

REQUIRES KOPERNICUS

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

Re-uploading the update due to a few bugs I missed earlier. download will be down for about 20 min

While its down, enjoy some screenshots @sDaZe
ic2ZkuQ.pngK2qoEfl.pngWg5kiEB.pnguaKGK1I.pngVdY3Bar.pngZJDIsKG.png

By the time you finish drooling, the download will be active again.

Edited by Galileo

Awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work :D

Also I noticed that suddenly earth atmosphere from 70 Km jumped to 112 km in height, and I folowed instructions but still can't get clouds working :/ I even reinstalled SSRSS on other 1,2,1 ksp again and still it didn't work

Edited by diomedea
merged consecutive posts

2 hours ago, Emil28 said:

Awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work :D

Also I noticed that suddenly earth atmosphere from 70 Km jumped to 112 km in height, and I folowed instructions but still can't get clouds working :/ I even reinstalled SSRSS on other 1,2,1 ksp again and still it didn't work

Where can you not get clouds?  On the main menu? 

Installed on a clean install of KSP... Working fine here... I haven't given it a full blown once over and bug hunting but.. It's working!  Thanks to all!

w3oP6Iv.png

Edited by styckx

This really looks fantastic.. Much better than I previously remember.. Wow..  The glow on the horizon / blur of the upper atmosphere before you "enter space"  is fantastic.. 

geNff2k.jpg

nnLqtU9.jpg

LHmP3qN.jpg

Edited by styckx