1.1.2 even less stable than prerelease

nosirrbro

Prerelease was a bit unstabe, 1.1 was stable enough, 1.1.1 was less stable, and 1.1.2 the game is crashing every first or second flight. Not sure how you managed that squad...

EDIT: It seems this topic has turned into the 'Report your 1.1.2 bugs!' thread xD

Edited by nosirrbro

1 minute ago, Javster said:

I went back to 1.1 after 1.1.1 came out using Steam last stable version, I wanted to make a backup, but then 1.0.2 came out, so now I'm stuck on a version not supported by mods...

This is why I copy everything from the Steam directory to another directory with every update. I do it first, before playing.

I've got copies from before 1.0 that I've not loaded in a year or more.

32 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

You know you can fill out a bug report to actually help the devs fix the game instead of just complaining.

It would be helpful if for the OPEN release Squad put the link to the bug tracker as a forum---which they did for the only partially open pre-release.

46 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

You know you can fill out a bug report to actually help the devs fix the game instead of just complaining.

12 minutes ago, tater said:

It would be helpful if for the OPEN release Squad put the link to the bug tracker as a forum---which they did for the only partially open pre-release.

It's been stickied here (known issues and work-arounds) and here (bug tracker and issues) forever and a day and Squad keep it up to date.

I'm running a vanilla install of 1.1.2 and it seems to run stable on my computer. VAB still lags, but that's probably because I currently run an quite outdated CPU. They even fixed the wonky landing legs, and docking seems more stable too. Seems like they've been quite generous with the bug spray this time around.

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

Prerelease was a bit unstabe, 1.1 was stable enough, 1.1.1 was less stable, and 1.1.2 the game is crashing every first or second flight. Not sure how you managed that squad...

Are you sure? I heard from a very reliable source that the pre-release was going to be bug-free:

"it will have already gone through QA and experiementals and be almost bug free"

"wont be posting them just because there are hardly any bugs left anyways" "unlike before these are almost bug free"

I guess everyone makes mistakes?

Edit: This appears to be a minor glitch with how the aero display screen shows drag on fixed wheels, and has no actual impact on the gameplay.  Drag arrows are displayed in an asymmetric way, but the aero and plane handling is unaffected, so no real offset drag is experienced.

Trying to figure out if this is me doing something wrong, or if I should post a bug report.  New since 1.1.2, when I place LY-01 landing gear in the SPH, no clipping or offset or rotation tool, just 2 gear in symmetry.  The aero overlay shows significant drag only on the starboard side of the plane, both front and rear pairs of wheels.  I thought it might be a weirdness with the aero display, but the plane flies clearly badly as though it has a drag only on one side.  Doing an observational survey contract, and had to constantly twist the plane to counteract the drag.  Eventually went with giant tail fins (seen in these pics) to overcome it.  No mods except KER.

Edited by Jetski

20 minutes ago, Docsprock said:

I dont have pics, but if I land a craft in the boonies of Kerbin, I cannot take off again. The drag on the gear jumps from side to side, and go into a ground loop. Did not do this before. No mods.

Maybe it's broken? I think you can kill the landing gear by putting them under too much stress, just like the rover wheels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.