Kerbal Biology!

Parv Kerman

49 minutes ago, parv kerman said:

is kerbal biology awesome? If it is, So please tell me!!

All they need to live is light, they can survive a long space journey using just the lights in the cabin or in their suit.

Do you mean the Kerbal's biology? Or biology in regards to Kerbin? If it's the latter, I think biomes are as good as you're gonna get for now. As far as Kerbal's themselves, there's no biology/lore/story so far. 

You can always make up your own though, there's plenty of mods that provide parts and contracts to contribute to role playing and makin up your own space program story. So long as you don't bring roleplay into the forums, go wild. :)

Edited by Kerbin vonKerbal

I would say that they are of a biology similar to Kif from Futurama, and as such is why they can bounce, bend and stretch so much, because instead of bones they have a system of fluid filled bladders. They also have the ability to go into a partially hibernative state where, assuming they have sufficient light for photosynthesis, their body needs hardly any food, just light and water.

Helped by their lack of bones, Kerbals also seem to be unaffected from long term radiation, and it can be assumed that they can only be hurt by acute radiation, and cancer is not a problem.

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

Kerbals are made of a really stretchy rubber.

I believe that they are like balloon animals, and when they go back to the Astronaut Complex they are just deflated and hung on a peg. That's why there is so little infrastructure on Kerbin.

1 minute ago, Jhawk1099 said:

No... They can survive an entire trip to Eeloo with only the on board snacks which we all know Jeb eats in about a week.

Check the IVA views and note that like 60% of all drawers are full of snacks ...

So 'only' is a strange word to use in combination with 'on board snacks' on any Kerbal vehicle, it's not like a cheap airline :wink:

Just now, Curveball Anders said:

Check the IVA views and note that like 60% of all drawers are full of snacks ...

So 'only' is a strange word to use in combination with 'on board snacks' on any Kerbal vehicle, it's not like a cheap airline :wink:

So? Jeb is a hungry astronaut. 

4 hours ago, John FX said:

All they need to live is light, they can survive a long space journey using just the lights in the cabin or in their suit.

Actually, chlorophyll in their skin would explain the green colouration and maybe snacks are like fertilizer and water...Kerbals are a hyper-advanced form of plant? Or maybe they have some sort of symbiotic chloroplast-bearing plant in their skin that feeds them partially through photosynthesis?

There's only one way to find out...

Squad's next game: Kerbal Genome Project

1 hour ago, Caligari said:

Actually, chlorophyll in their skin would explain the green colouration and maybe snacks are like fertilizer and water...Kerbals are a hyper-advanced form of plant? Or maybe they have some sort of symbiotic chloroplast-bearing plant in their skin that feeds them partially through photosynthesis?

There's only one way to find out...

Squad's next game: Kerbal Genome Project

Given that they are aliens the same kingdoms don't apply, the kingdom more closely similar to the animal one probably has having chlorophyll as a smaller phylum or class

1 hour ago, Pax Kerbana said:

I thought it was settled that they're frogs? No?

I suddenly have an urge to search YouTube for videos of Kerbals being tortured to the tune of 'It's not easy being green'...

Edited by Terwin

On 03/05/2016 at 8:40 PM, nosirrbro said:

I would say that they are of a biology similar to Kif from Futurama, and as such is why they can bounce, bend and stretch so much, because instead of bones they have a system of fluid filled bladders. They also have the ability to go into a partially hibernative state where, assuming they have sufficient light for photosynthesis, their body needs hardly any food, just light and water.

Helped by their lack of bones, Kerbals also seem to be unaffected from long term radiation, and it can be assumed that they can only be hurt by acute radiation, and cancer is not a problem.

Oh man you right. Are they plants

They absorb ALL ambient energy around them. Yes, I know this breaks thermodynamics, but hey. Kerbals.

This explains why they can survive extreme acceleration, need no food and can survive for years in space, feeding off of cosmic radiation. When a Kerbal "dies" they convert themselves into energy and teleport back to the Astronaut Complex.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.