[1.8.1] Historian Expanded

Aelfhe1m

I just noticed that when using Historian to take a screen shot with Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.9.1.0 installed and visible, Historian's auto-hide UI function doesn't hide the KAC window.  This doesn't happen with KAC v3.10.0.0.

Clearly, not a big problem since KAC has been updated, just FYI for those still using KAC v3.9.1.0 because v3.10.0.0 has its own problems.

• 7 months later...

Minor update - version 1.3.3 for KSP 1.7.3 (download from SpaceDock or GitHub)

• Recompile for KSP version 1.7.3

Sorry for the long silence folks. I've had some significant health issues that I won't go into here but they've made concentrating on anything a serious challenge.

KSP 1.8.1 recompile is being tested and I'll post it very soon.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
Fix github link

Minor update - version 1.8.0 for KSP 1.8.1 (download from SpaceDock or GitHub)

• Recompile for KSP version 1.8.1

NOTE: this version has had basic testing in 1.8.1 (with Making History and Breaking Ground). I did not test the Kerbal Konstruct or KSCSwitcher specific features. Like the 1.7.3 version I published earlier this version does not display the name of alternate stock launch sites (e.g. Island Runway) in the <LaunchSite> tag.

9 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

this version does not display the name of alternate stock launch sites (e.g. Island Runway) in the <LaunchSite> tag.

HE v1.3.2 doesn't work inside an editor on the ksp1.7.1, and the settings GUI sometimes doesn't show up, but the <LaunchSite> works ok

SMMww5S.jpg

Little feature, that I really want to see is an option for saving also the clear image (saving both: with and without HE layout)

Edited by flart

11 hours ago, flart said:

HE v1.3.2 doesn't work inside an editor on the ksp1.7.1,

There's very little information available to show in the editor and the way the vessel is represented in the API is very different. I really should disable the Historian overlay in non-flight views to avoid a useless mess.

and the settings GUI sometimes doesn't show up

Do you have reproducible steps or a log for this? Trying to debug "it sometimes doesn't work" can be a bit tricky... :confused:

but the <LaunchSite> works ok

I think your layout there is actually using <LandingZone>. Baikerbanur is a mini-biome not a selectable launch site at least not in stock (with Making History).

Little feature, that I really want to see is an option for saving also the clear image (saving both: with and without HE layout)

That sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:
  12 hours ago, flart said:

HE v1.3.2 doesn't work inside an editor on the ksp1.7.1,

There's very little information available to show in the editor and the way the vessel is represented in the API is very different.

I meant, It did work at time 1.3-1.4, and was mostly empty, but on 1.7.3 it interrupts screenshoting inside the editor and image isn't saved.

I really should disable the Historian overlay in non-flight views to avoid a useless mess.

it's a good idea

Do you have reproducible steps or a log for this?

sorry, I haven't figured out why or when it happens

• 1 year later...

Is this mod still supported? Is this the latest version? 

There's a bunch of forks on github, mention of this author having health issues, I get it. And my own mod hasnt needed any updates for many versions, I just wanted to be sure as I use it and always want the latest version of all the mods I use. 

Hard to answer "Is this the latest version" since I have no idea which version you have :P.

KSP 1.11.2 and HE v1.8.0 works for me in stock planets.  My only problem is getting more than one screenshot to display during the KSP load process.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when the layout configs are read by Historian from the Layouts folder for display  in the dialog box?  I'm playing around with custom layouts and would like to avoid having to constantly restart KSP after I've created a new one.  I suspect it's on KSP start and not on Historian dialog open or save load.  I don't mean the Load layout function on the mod's dialog.

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Does anyone know when the layout configs are read by Historian from the Layouts folder for display  in the dialog box? 

The layouts are loaded on game start and whenever the "load" button on the GUI is pressed. You can edit the layouts in a text editor, save them, and then load from the GUI without restarting KSP
From OP - "Layouts can be modified while the game is running, allowing for instant preview of changes."

25 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

The layouts are loaded on game start and whenever the "load" button on the GUI is pressed. You can edit the layouts in a text editor, save them, and then load from the GUI without restarting KSP
From OP - "Layouts can be modified while the game is running, allowing for instant preview of changes."

Didn't think to look at the OP, thanks and that helps, but this doesn't quite address the question.  I realize now that I can hot-load existing layouts   If I were to create a new layout while KSP is running, will the Layout folder be parsed for the new one when I open the Historian dialog?  Or, is the display list created at start?    It's a simple matter for me to check but I think it's the former.

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2023 at 9:07 PM, M - Kerbonaut said:

@Aelfhe1mIs it possible to display the distance to Kerbin? If not how do i set the KK-Distance corectly up? i Have KK (+Ksc extendet) and get an error displayed 

(error)

Sorry, the KK-Distance tag has been broken for a long time now. I keep meaning to rewrite it to work with the current version of KK but I've never gotten around to it.

By "distance to Kerbin", do you mean distance to KSC?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.