[Old Thread] KRE - Kerbal Reusability Expansion

EmbersArc

hi @EmbersArc

I just registered to the forum just to tell you how awesome your mod is! used to have it on years ago and somehow it got lost along the updates... back then there were only the landing legs and the grid fins i think and now I refound your mod finding it in a even more awesome and even more beautiful state! great thanks for your work on that, also the upcoming grid fins are impressive! the modelling you have shown in those pictures... dude, srsly!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh so this is where all these real-life parts come from, I was wondering for a while. 

But, hell, I think the only part I would use is the docking port. While I appreciate the effort, the rest of included parts are related too close to their real counterparts. They look the same, they even have same names. They would probably help much, I just don't feel like using SpaceX/Blue Origin stuff.

What should I do...

The landing legs are insanely useful on larger landers. They're heavy, but when you're landing a 50 ton cryogenic lander that's half the height of the VAB on its own.. then they're worth it.

The superdraco engines are so much more fun than parachutes, but landing can be a pain. Might be able to trick the stagerecovery mod into autorecovering the capsule as a "spent stage" though.. Carrying what would normally be discarded service module engines home can be financially effective.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, The Aziz said:

Oooh so this is where all these real-life parts come from, I was wondering for a while. 

But, hell, I think the only part I would use is the docking port. While I appreciate the effort, the rest of included parts are related too close to their real counterparts. They look the same, they even have same names. They would probably help much, I just don't feel like using SpaceX/Blue Origin stuff.

What should I do...

Well, I think you speak mostly for yourself in this instance. In which case- create your own mod, delete the files u don't want, re-name them, or don't use it. Anything but complain to an author who has worked countless hours to hand u a free product.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

20 hours ago, Dafni said:

@EmbersArc how do you feel about adding another bigger size of the gridfins and Falcon9 legs?

There's a mod called Tweakscale, which allows you to resize the parts you want to resize. Not all parts from other mods can be resize using this mod, but you can resize parts from KRE. Also there's a new Titanium gridfins coming... Which is what I am excited to use. While we're at it, how's the new grid fins coming along? :wink:  Sorry if this is kinda pestering-ly annoying... 

• 1 month later...

@EmbersArc, in the OP, I believe the Trajectories link under Recommended Mods points to an old, closed thread.  The new one is https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162324-13-trajectories-v170-2017-07-08-atmospheric-predictions/.  Put it on the list of things to do on a rainy day when you're bored.

-------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Korean Space Program said:

Does this mod crash with the Destruction effects?

(Launch right after, it smokes!):(

Welcome to the forums. 

Not unless you have Destruction Effects installed.  KRE is a parts mod only. 

Edited by Brigadier

7 hours ago, Korean Space Program said:

two mods and other mods are in use, and smoke is rising from the landing legs.(Right after the launch button clicked)

Read this thread.

As you can see, we're having problems figuring out your situation.  Perhaps you can post links to pictures or videos of the problem you're having (use something such as imgur, for pics).

Hi guys, I am having problems with the grid fins on a falcon-like rocket during reentry/landing. The rocket is very unstable and wobbles around if the fins are out and actively steering.

I assume, I need a second probe core facing downwards, to be able to have SAS set to surface-prograde, because having the SAS set to surface-retrograde f**** up aerodynamic controls.

Do I assume right? If yes, is there another way, like inverting controls on the fins if vertical velocity < 0?

On 10/4/2017 at 2:34 PM, Blackline said:

Hi guys, I am having problems with the grid fins on a falcon-like rocket during reentry/landing. The rocket is very unstable and wobbles around if the fins are out and actively steering.

I assume, I need a second probe core facing downwards, to be able to have SAS set to surface-prograde, because having the SAS set to surface-retrograde f**** up aerodynamic controls.

Do I assume right? If yes, is there another way, like inverting controls on the fins if vertical velocity < 0?

try disabling roll on the fins so they just do pitch and yaw

Edited by Space Kadet
got it backwards :)

20 hours ago, reducing said:

Does this awesome mod work with 1.3.1? Thanks for building it, reusable pods are awesome.

I have no idea but if you at least try it yourself you can report back here.  I'm sure there are several people asking themselves the same question.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.