[Old Thread] KRE - Kerbal Reusability Expansion

EmbersArc

On 4/9/2017 at 0:36 AM, BananaTime101 said:

Any chance reusable fairings could be a thing?

I once worked on reusable fairings. Both a "cargo bay" variant that could open and close and individual fairing halves that would separate and land:

Version 1.6 on SpaceDock has those WIP parts in a ZIP folder if you want to try them. I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to finish them. They both have drawbacks:

• It's only possible to enter engine first with the cargo bay variant. Quite problematic with orbital speed.
  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think KSP returns any funds for decoupled debris like the fairing halves.
    So it's not very rewarding to recover those. People might do it once for fun but that's it.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:25 AM, PocketBrotector said:

Do the nodes on the fuel tank and heat shield seem oddly placed to anyone else? They work fine with each other, but if any other part is stacked with them, they will clip through or leave large gaps.

Yes they are. It's so that they could easily be used with the stock command pod. You'll have to offset them a bit to use them with other parts. 

I like look of the vernier engines

Oh thanks, I think they're the ugliest parts. :D 

is there any chance of a five-way version that has the missing top-facing nozzle? I know it starts to get away from the inspiration material, but it would provide an aerodynamic-looking LFO-based RCS port suitable for both upper and lower stages - there aren't many mods that offer that combination of qualities in a part.

No plans for that currently. But you could try adding the stock "Vernor" engine to the front of the upper stage to add this direction of control.

2 hours ago, EDRAEYWEN said:

it's lunar not munar

Even if he's not going to Luna?  :wink:

2 hours ago, EDRAEYWEN said:

Dear mod developer..
       somehow.. i can only use some of the parts in this mod pack... and those were the parts i was not interested in.. please reply solution..

Which parts do you have, which parts do you want, how did you install, and a pic of your Gamedata folder is the minimum to try to find a solution to this.

20 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

okay i recently downloaded this mod and i love it but can't seem to figure out how to attach the wings can someone give me some tips on this?

First the base, then the wings, one by one, you just need to find the sweet spot

Edited by EstebanLB

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LFE Inertia said:

I installed the mod but some parts aren't showing up. :(

http://i.imgur.com/WXL5WKo.png

btw, I'm running v1.2.2 with these mods.

I've tested it with all those mods before, so those are likely not the problem. Maybe try it without them anyways. If that doesn't fix it you can reinstall KSP (just copy the saves folder and your mods over to the new installation) which should do the trick.

If that still doesn't work please send me the KSP.log file from your KSP folder.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:48 AM, EmbersArc said:

I've tested it with all those mods before, so those are likely not the problem. Maybe try it without them anyways. If that doesn't fix it you can reinstall KSP (just copy the saves folder and your mods over to the new installation) which should do the trick.

If that still doesn't work please send me the KSP.log file from your KSP folder.

Sorry! I installed the mod wrong. Installed the whole unzipped file by accident.

Edited by LFE Inertia

Alright this party isn't over yet.

There aren't any new parts planned, instead I'm revamping some of the old ones. For most of them that will mean improving the textures. For others however...

ScLwYH1.png

The Falcon legs are the central part of this mod. So better make sure they look good, right?

9 hours ago, Opus_723 said:

Speaking of the Falcon legs, I was wondering if this is a bug, or just how the colliders work. I realize they're not really intended to be used at this angle, but... I really want to.

screenshot314.png

As much as I love such creative applications, there is no easy solution for this. The wheel collider is parallel to the ground in your example which means it won't do anything. I could extend the mesh collider but that would make it interfere with the wheel collider when in touches the ground.

27 minutes ago, Skylon said:

I'm finding it difficult to add the wings to the mount. I've tried the alt key etc. Is there something I'm doing wrong? No pictures at the moment

Note that they are deployed by default. You should be able to rotate them into place just by pressing q and e.

I will add a tutorial for this and put it in the part description.

I downloaded but yet not tested it. But as I see, the only plug-in in this mod is "DeployableAeroSurfaces"... So, if the parts that use that plugin works, then everything should work properly.

On 28.5.2017 at 3:04 PM, EmbersArc said:

Has anyone encountered a problem using the mod with 1.3? If not I'll "update" it to 1.3.

I did not dare to put it into an 1.3 install before it is announced as compatible here.

Matter of fact, this mod is the sole reason I am still on 1.2.2.

I could try it for you, but I only use the falcon 9 legs and gridfins on my craft, so I dont know how representative my results would be.

On 22.5.2017 at 10:03 PM, EmbersArc said:

The Falcon legs are the central part of this mod. So better make sure they look good, right?

Great work on the new legs! Your new model looks very very nice indeed! Cant wait to see them in game. And I agree with you on this, they are essential.

Thanks for all your work on this. I am sure many people appreciate it (especially since squad again decided against this arguably obvious addition)

Keep it up!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.