[Old Thread] KRE - Kerbal Reusability Expansion

EmbersArc

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

Will you plan on making the 2017 design legs for BFS?

You mean those? I'm not sure SpaceX even know what those legs are going to look like. The ones in the render just look like placeholders to me.

pbyc_xjO-ZtUcJnblKyJ-Y9ZUMelmdoSjUgsoS84

40 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

What are BO parts?

That's Blue Origin, Jeff Who's company.

2 hours ago, EmbersArc said:

You mean those? I'm not sure SpaceX even know what those legs are going to look like. The ones in the render just look like placeholders to me.

pbyc_xjO-ZtUcJnblKyJ-Y9ZUMelmdoSjUgsoS84

That's Blue Origin, Jeff Who's company.

Ah, thought of that one, just didn't remember the name :D

Haha, I like the second crane , that wasn't in the original picture. Unfortunately, this isn't possible with Gojira, since the door opens the other way around. Would love to have something like this!

I've been using a few of the KRE parts in my latest videos and have had a few people query me about not having the titanium (black) grid fins on my craft.

I can't seem them in my parts list (only white/grey ones). I can see that there are black fins in the screenshot from the install instructions screen. Do I need some other mod config to get the black fins?

@marcushouse You will need the latest version of KRE. It may work with 1.2.2 but I can't say for sure. If it doesn't then you can just take the grid fins from the latest version and make your own Frankenstein version of KRE. I can also recommend the latest version because of the revamped F9 legs. You might have to take those from version 2.6.0 or so because the 2.6.2 ones use some features from KSP 1.4. which might not work.

Last WIP picture of the new legs. What color variants do you want to see besides white/orange and white/black?

hauobuQ.png

On 4/14/2018 at 3:27 AM, sibaar said:

when will you update the ckan version?

When I release the next version. So that means soonTM.

Okay I went back and pretty much started over with the texture. Yeah I know. Revamped the revamp.

I want to find a consistent art style here to apply to the other parts in the future. But the good news is that I think I've found it. Here is a comparison with the old part and some color variants:

8G1JshS.png

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 Is the second one somewhat close to what you were imagining?

I personally like the last one. Might make that the default.

Edited by EmbersArc

11 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@EmbersArc Pretty close, the orange in perfect, but can you try to make the gray more like drab green, like on the stock one?

Updated the picture with another one. The orange in that one is stock as well.

12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is it just the colors or the shape as well? Will it still fit Tundra Exploration's BFS?

Pretty sure :P 

15 hours ago, EmbersArc said:

8G1JshS.png

K3jYdW1.png

So close to completion! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.