[Old Thread] KRE - Kerbal Reusability Expansion

EmbersArc

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

@Starwaster It seems just like the legs don't load. This causes the spacecraft that use them to just not load (and be deleted from the game). Other mods had problem with textures resolutions passing from version 1.3 to 1.4. Could be this?

Well there is an issue with placeholder textures (essentially blank textures) needing to be a minimum resolution... and that will cause compile fail errors but no such errors exist in your logs and it should affect everyone, not just a few.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Goof said:

And as said above, the legs seem to be kinda broken in 1.6.x

I am not sure if this is another bug related to KRE, but if i right-click any of the Falcon Legs in the VAB, i get a "huge" menu with a so many entries that my entire screen is filled vertically.
And after i click out of this menu, i can no longer right-click *any* elements in the VAB, until i do a restart of KSP.

Can anyone else confirm if this is related to KRE?

On 1/5/2019 at 1:05 AM, NightSky said:

@Starwaster It seems just like the legs don't load. This causes the spacecraft that use them to just not load (and be deleted from the game). Other mods had problem with textures resolutions passing from version 1.3 to 1.4. Could be this?

On 1/4/2019 at 12:39 PM, Kroslev Kerman said:

i did read that not just me has the problem but i want a update to atleast 1.5 or 1.6

Module Manager just got updated with a workaround for the KSP 1.6.0 PartDatabasa/Editor bug!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Alex33212 said:

Is there a version compatible with 1.5.1? Looking at the Curse "earlier versions", it jumps from 1.3.x to 1.6.

I believe that KRE v2.8.4 works with KSP 1.5.1 even though it says v1.6.1 in CKAN.  I have it installed in my 1.5.1 game and it seems to work for me (YMMV).

I wouldn't have installed unless I saw confirmation somewhere.  I've checked back a few pages in this thread and don't see endorsement but it must be around somewhere or I've missed it.

Back up your save before you try.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, Brigadier said:

I believe that KRE v2.8.4 works with KSP 1.5.1 even though it says v1.6.1 in CKAN.  I have it installed in my 1.5.1 game and it seems to work for me (YMMV).

I wouldn't have installed unless I saw confirmation somewhere.  I've checked back a few pages in this thread and don't see endorsement but it must be around somewhere or I've missed it.

Back up your save before you try.

Went ahead and tried installing it anyway and it works fine so far!

When I have access to my computer I might post the screenshot of my attempt at a 100% reusable rocket that, despite completely losing control on decent and hitting the ground sideways at speed, landed with zero damage.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Are you guys putting 2 or 4 Vernier Thrusters on the F9 booster? It seems SAS and especially kOS have a hard time controlling the booster with only 2 thrusters. I guess this is due to assymetric forces. Is there a way to patch the config so the force outwards is doubled?

I put 8 cold gas thrusters on the F9: four at the top and four at the bottom. I don't know if that's very realistic but it helps with control during the flip and boostback.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I put 8 cold gas thrusters on the F9: four at the top and four at the bottom. I don't know if that's very realistic but it helps with control during the flip and boostback.

I only use 2 at the top.. RL rocket also has 2 at the top. Grid fins do really most of my landings

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

I only use 2 at the top.. RL rocket also has 2 at the top. Grid fins do really most of my landings

Are you using FAR? For me, grid fins start having an effect only at "low" altitudes (I can't check right now, but I think it's only below 20000 or even 15000 m that they have a significant effect).

But the problem is mainly while flipping for the boostback burn. SAS is OK-ish, but kOS has massive problems. Sometimes it just stops flipping halfway, thrusting in every direction at the same time. It's a known issue that kOS has problems with massive rockets that can't be steered with reaction wheels alone. Even with 4 thrusters, it fires way too much. They're permanenty firing in all directions, consuming a lot of fuel, but at least it manages to steer in the right direction, as opposed to using just 2 thrusters.

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Are you using FAR? For me, grid fins start having an effect only at "low" altitudes (I can't check right now, but I think it's only below 20000 or even 15000 m that they have a significant effect).

But the problem is mainly while flipping for the boostback burn. SAS is OK-ish, but kOS has massive problems. Sometimes it just stops flipping halfway, thrusting in every direction at the same time. It's a known issue that kOS has problems with massive rockets that can't be steered with reaction wheels alone. Even with 4 thrusters, it fires way too much. They're permanenty firing in all directions, consuming a lot of fuel, but at least it manages to steer in the right direction, as opposed to using just 2 thrusters.

Ah. Yeah no kOS or FAR for me. Just stock and manual landing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !,

For those with the problem of spring landing gear, simply modify the following lines.

name = ModuleWheelSuspension
        baseModuleIndex = 0
        suspensionTransformName = suspensionTgt
        suspensionColliderName = piston_collider

suspensionDistance = 1.0
        suspensionOffset = 0.0

targetPosition = 1.0            
        springRatio = 24
        damperRatio = 0.5

boostRatio = 0.6

By cons, I do not have the right settings but that's enough.

Good Landing :D

Edited by Korenos

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been trying to land a Falcon 9 booster with this mod, and the landing legs are extremely weak. The large ones can't even support the smallest fuel tank ALONE. I must be doing something wrong. 

Thanks,

Rice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KRE is throwing minor warnings into output_log.txt:

Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/AeroLandingLegs/AeroLandingLeg' not found!
Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/StageLegs/StageLegTexture' not found!
Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/StageLegs/StageLegTexture_BMP' not found!

Works fine and it probably doesn't affect the game. It just keeps popping up onscreen when I start KSP :) (warnings and errors set to show onscreen for debugging other stuff).

I'm guessing this happens to everyone, but just in case, here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtpbt24qhdrimn1/output_logKRE.zip?dl=0

Edited by Jognt

On 5/23/2019 at 8:21 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

It already works fine in 1.7, I don’t think the author will have to do anything to make it compatible.

Then it would be really awesome if it could be marked as 1.7 compatible for players that install mods through Ckan and the compatibility should also be shown on Curse and Spacedock.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, E3FxGaming said:

Then it would be really awesome if it could be marked as 1.7 compatible for players that install mods through Ckan and the compatibility should also be shown on Curse and Spacedock.

Yes, that would be awesome. But let's not assume that other people have to spend their free time in that manner for us though. ;)

For now, it works fine (just those errors messages if you've got them enabled) and it can still be easily installed with CKAN by setting it to show older versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164755.983 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/AeroLandingLegs/AeroLandingLeg' not found!
190831T164756.036 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/ColdGasThruster/ThrusterTexture' not found!
190831T164756.269 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/StageLegs/StageLegTexture' not found!
190831T164756.274 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'KerbalReusabilityExpansion/StageLegs/StageLegTexture_BMP' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.