Hiking up K2!

It's really more about the challenge, and I did 1200km with a submarine so im pretty sure this will be way less boring.

Also I think it might be easier than with a rover because kerbals don't lose grip, then drift and tumble down the mountain (at least not easily as rovers)

Also I think there is a good chance at some point we will do something else.

@ZooNamedGames

This seems like a nice idea, and I could definitely watch for a bit, but I do think that you should start by adding some inflatable or welded base camps up there. It would be a nice idea to randomly stop by and have a sit at "Base Camp 3" or what not.

4 minutes ago, DMSP said:

@ZooNamedGames

This seems like a nice idea, and I could definitely watch for a bit, but I do think that you should start by adding some inflatable or welded base camps up there. It would be a nice idea to randomly stop by and have a sit at "Base Camp 3" or what not.

Fair enough, we'll see what we can do.

16 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Me and @Fluburtur have decided we would like to go up and hike to the highest point in the mountain chain to the east of the KSC known as the K2 Mountain Chain, named after it's highest peak, K2 which is 6,767 meters above sea level! We will take a vehicle over the hills between the KSC and the foot of the mountain, then we will dismount and walk the mountain like true natural explorers using our Kerbals. It will be dangerous, as well as long. Even on foot, one slip could toss you back down the mountainside and waste countless amounts of time and effort. So please join us as we livestream (and record) this event!

Now, there was initial discussion by me to make this a charity livestream event, but I am uncertain. I could, but I want to know if it's worth the time and the effort to assemble (I'm certain any amount on the community's part will have a massive impact on the ones receiving the donations). So let me know :) .

We also require someone who can livestream this with us so the world can watch us go :) . So if you can livestream with beautification mods (and DMP) let us know so we can get you in. We could invite someone else as well if they could record the event under the same setup.

Stream Info:

Date/Time: TBD

Members: ZooNamedGames, Fluburtur...

Streamer (and link): Needing a Livestreamer!

Recorder (and link): Need a Recorder!

Charity Event?: TBD

Mods: DMP, (for streamers/recorders) SVE High or Ultra Resolution and Texture Replacer.

KSP Version: 1.1.2 (as of this time)

Come back often to see updates on this! I hope to see you on the day of the hike :D ! We can't wait.

What are you talking about mom? I got exercise today! I hiked up a virtual mountain! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.