[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

On 2.12.2017 at 6:09 AM, bcink said:

I've been trying to get my recreation of the BEAM module working with the CBM docking ports on this but it's nothing but failure on docking attempts. Seeking any help?

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = APAS_CXG
        gendered = true
        genderFemale = false
        acquireTorque = 0.5
        acquireForce = 0.5
        captureMinRollDot = 0.99999  <------ modify this parameter for both ports. change it to 0.99 or 0.9 and it should give it some more tolerance with docking.
        snapRotation = true
        snapOffset = 120
    }

Make shure to use a passive and a active docking port.

On December 1, 2017 at 9:09 PM, bcink said:

I've been trying to get my recreation of the BEAM module working with the CBM docking ports on this but it's nothing but failure on docking attempts. Seeking any help?

What @JohnMcLane said, or turn off gendered docking ports altogether. 

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

MODULE
    {
        captureMinRollDot = 0.99999  <------ modify this parameter for both ports. change it to 0.99 or 0.9 and it should give it some more tolerance with docking.
    }

Make shure to use a passive and a active docking port.

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

What @JohnMcLane said, or turn off gendered docking ports altogether. 

Thank you for the advice. What ended up getting it to work was values of 0.99 and turning off gendering. No matter what I tried the dang thing just didn't want to work with gendering. I ended up deciding, based on advice from a bunch of devs to not have the docking port built-in to the module as to allow for compatibility with ALL docking ports out there. 

Perhaps I will release the docking port I created in the future, bundled or otherwise.... For the time being though, I ended up passing on it.

Thanks again for the support :D

Nice mod! I love the realistic parts visuals and APAS is the best I've seen. I truly mean it, these are the parts to have to generate a terrific looking station, no offense meant to others out there.

Questions, more of a use than issues.  1.3.1 ...

I'm using space shuttle system, and running into issues trying to use these parts.

- But how do I go about attaching the cxaero parts to the bay?  It doesn't want to align and attach.

- Do I use the cxaero grapple or the one that comes with the canadarm?

- Can I use the APAS from Cxaero as well? I note the default APAS attached to the docking parts included with the mod, but nothing separate I can attach to modules, or I'm blind ...  :)

That's enough to chew on for now, launching Unity this PM .... hehehe ...

UPDATE: Well strike that, don't know why, but now when on the pad, when physics eases in, its a crapshoot as to if  I blow up, and the error is related to SSTUreflectionprobe ...

I'm not sure how to correct this.

Other dumb questions

- how does one get a truss started on top of a module?  (would like to get started building out, hence my shuttle selection but running into issues loading modules into it, see above)

- Cant release canadaarm from the grapple, magnet off and unlocked, but it just sits there, ugh.

Anyone with experience care to assist a newb to the mod scene?  Thanks!

Edited by RW-1
added stuff

19 hours ago, Nightside said:

These explosions are from early version of SSTU & texturesUnlimited make sure you have the latest and report problems to the relevant thread.

I had the latest of each, will relook at it and report if necessary. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this is frustrating.

Using Space shuttle system, none of the CX parts wish to attach to nodes within it's cargo bay.

Trying to install a Unity module, have offset a decoupler to allow centering of the module itself in the bay, but the part just rotates all over without "snapping" to it.

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, RW-1 said:

Damn, this is frustrating.

Using Space shuttle system, none of the CX parts wish to attach to nodes within it's cargo bay.

Trying to install a Unity module, have offset a decoupler to allow centering of the module itself in the bay, but the part just rotates all over without "snapping" to it.

Any thoughts?

Hold alt to force node attach?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

See the spreadsheet, the mod isnt finished yet and there are missing parts. But nonetheless you can build your own ISS, and it will look awesome.

You can pull the Solar Truss from ISS community and get Beam from @bcink‘s KEAM mod to have a more complete ISS.

19 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

See the spreadsheet, the mod isnt finished yet and there are missing parts. But nonetheless you can build your own ISS, and it will look awesome.

I see no spreadsheet link on the OP.  Or anywhere in this thread that links to the word 'spreadsheet.'

5 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

I see no spreadsheet link on the OP.  Or anywhere in this thread that links to the word 'spreadsheet.'

Ok, so it's not a spreadsheet, it's  a google doc, listed in the OP, and I've put the link here as well:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15fGd_lpZ0xnyIEVHwqFFM71n5yEjCIqlCLD5DTQJW_g/edit

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the....:

Pressurized Mating Adapter (PMA)

Part...

No matter what docking adapter I place on it (even the stock Clamp-o-trons) none of the docking ports work at all.

It's really strange cause I can place any docking port on any other station part and they work fine including the docking ports that attach the Soyaz capsules to the station.

As soon as I take the non functioning docking ports off the PMA and place them on something else they continue to decouple and couple as they should...

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Is it something specific in the file of the PMA itself?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Regarding the....:

Pressurized Mating Adapter (PMA)

Part...

No matter what docking adapter I place on it (even the stock Clamp-o-trons) none of the docking ports work at all.

It's really strange cause I can place any docking port on any other station part and they work fine including the docking ports that attach the Soyaz capsules to the station.

As soon as I take the non functioning docking ports off the PMA and place them on something else they continue to decouple and couple as they should...

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Is it something specific in the file of the PMA itself?

Thanks!

there shouldnt be, it's just a model with no functions - are you sure you are placing them correctly ?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:27 AM, Jasseji said:

there shouldnt be, it's just a model with no functions - are you sure you are placing them correctly ?

I restarted a NEW Sandbox game and it's now working again!

Thanks!

Any update for 1.4?

Thanks!