[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

These remind me of Fusty's parts. Very cool, I was looking for some decorative station parts (I love HabTech, but the parts are just bland).

Are you planning to support CLS? I've edited the docking ports right now to allow my crew to pass through them, but I haven't built a station yet. When I do I expect I'll be adding those parts to my CLS config I've started, unless you beat me to it.

48 minutes ago, jordanjay29 said:

These remind me of Fusty's parts.

Fusty's parts, and @sumghai's continuation and IVA improvements were the inspiration for starting this pack (though my pack suffered massive scope creep and basically became an ISS recreation pack for the most part). Sumghai did a lot of really awesome work on the development of the IVAs, and I used some of his dimensions as a basis for certain aspects of my IVAs.

52 minutes ago, jordanjay29 said:

Are you planning to support CLS? I've edited the docking ports right now to allow my crew to pass through them, but I haven't built a station yet. When I do I expect I'll be adding those parts to my CLS config I've started, unless you beat me to it.

This is the first request for the compatibility so I haven't made/started on an MM config for it. If you can wait until Saturday night/Sunday I can whip one up.

5 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

there is a top node, right at the mating surface of the docking port:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.075, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.16, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

Are you unable to attach anything to the top, or am I misinterpreting your question?

Indeed, I am unable, but that is because there is no node, as can be seen below. Normally I've seen parts like this where the node is there but its basically overlapping the bottom node so its hard to get proper attachment, but in this case, when the bottom node is already occupied, theres no other node present.

a94FenX

Have you tried existing KSP and retrying to build the craft? The top node should be visible and fairly spaced apart from the bottom node, so something might have glitched out in your game.

Yep. Been in and out of the game multiple times over the last few days. I'll try it with a stock install to see if its still doing it, but as far as I can tell nothing should be conflicting with it, because that just doesn't make any sense.

4 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Fusty's parts, and @sumghai's continuation and IVA improvements were the inspiration for starting this pack (though my pack suffered massive scope creep and basically became an ISS recreation pack for the most part). Sumghai did a lot of really awesome work on the development of the IVAs, and I used some of his dimensions as a basis for certain aspects of my IVAs.

This is the first request for the compatibility so I haven't made/started on an MM config for it. If you can wait until Saturday night/Sunday I can whip one up.

Awesome. I can be patient, I have my docking ports fixed for now, that will hold me.

4 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

@G'th, My install has SVE, Scatter, and hyperedit and the node shows up fine. What is your list of mods?

Quite a few. I went ahead and did a sep install and I'm adding my mod list 1 at at time to track down whats causing the the issue, as stock KSP + CX does retain the node.

Already went through all the mods i'm using that aren't actually 1.1.2 compatible, so it has to be something recent thats doing it. Will report back when I find it.

UPDATE: Found it. Tweakable Everything is whats causing the node to disappear. I looked through the configs in both mods and my experience isn't pointing anything out as an obvious culprit. 

Edited by G'th

Dear OP, thank you for designing one of the best looking mods there is. But I have to ask whether you aware (or anyone reading this post, for that matter) of some difficulties concerning 1.25 berthing mechanisms. I use them to dock my station together and the docking success rate is like 1 of every 4 attempts (Even with mechjeb docking autopilot which is minutely precise). I'm really not sure whether berthing mechanisms should be used for docking all the time maybe that's the reason we have the other -black- docking port. However if it's not the case should I post my logs? What's your advise?
PS: I'm aware that it's a minor annoyance -at least nothing that couldn't be solved with a couple extra attempts- but its really taking a toll on my psyche if I'm constructing a giant space station. 

@johnniewalker, take a look at the first post in the FAQ section. I'm not sure what specifically your docking issues are but it might be solved by reading that. Also, I'll be adding new MM configs for those that either want to remove the docking port gendering and/or remove the angle snap restrictions so keep an eye out for that. 

Z1 and KU Band Antenna just about ready for UV unwrapping.

when digging for more info on Z1 I found out that it only has about 50 cu ft worth of storage space, so I'm dropping the IVA from this part and making the inside of the truss mostly hollow. Colliders will be setup so you can surface attach parts inside this void space.

^ Awesome.

Also, to update on the docking port issue I was having, deleting TE's docking port configs corrects the issue, and apparently a lot of issues I (and I believe other users) have been having with docking ports. Such as extend functions in the VAB not working, and so on.

I absolutely LOVE this set of parts and I'm using it for literally all of my space station needs. Thanks!

But...

The TV in the activity module showing a screenshot of the History Channel drives me insane! I get it, it's funny, for about ten seconds then it's just immersion breaking and I want it gone so bad. I wouldn't usually bother a hard-working modder for something so personal and trivial, I'd just change it myself. Problem is, I can't find the offending texture anywhere! I believe I've looked at every DDS file in the mod and I can't find it.

Any help for a poor guy with no sense of humor? :kiss:

@cxg2827, Awesome, thanks! Sorry again for bothering you with my personal preferences.

A separate map would be cool. Did you know that @Angel-125's Pathfinder mod has screens that display screenshots you can choose from IVA view? I'm not pimping other people's mods, but if there could be some crossover there it would be awesome.

8 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Woah, hey, does the passive APAS not dock to another passive APAS anymore? 

Whoops forgot to mention that change. Yea they are now gendered. Originally they had the same node type as the clamp o tron. But after making the active apas I made a new node type for them.

4 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Whoops forgot to mention that change. Yea they are now gendered. Originally they had the same node type as the clamp o tron. But after making the active apas I made a new node type for them.

By that logic there should be an active one at the 0.9375m form-factor. :P

I mean, the PMA is supposed to be able to dock with Zarya, no? Both are 0.9375m end nodes.

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

By that logic there should be an active one at the 0.9375m form-factor. :P

I'll actually be making one to package with the next release. I originally was going to have it with the v1.0 release but I got lazy.

I had a station up in 1.0.5 that used many of your CxAerospace parts (which are great, btw). Since the update, I cant get that ship to load. I followed through your instructions on renaming the part names in the config files, after I had downloaded the latest version of this mod, but I still cannot get any of those assemblies to load. Its like changing the names from one version to the other didnt change anything at all. Still cant load my station back in... Any thoughts?

Thanks, 

CM