MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleFieldRepair
	}
}

Edited by panarchist

On 5/27/2016 at 0:04 PM, panarchist said:

Also, I have a couple of suggested MM configs you might consider:

What is the variation from what I have in the CLS patch in the OP?

Regarding USI-LS:

I really haven't played KSP in months (short of testing out my mod parts and any major KSP version releases for a few hours) so I cant really comment on balancing those values.

However, one thing I would mention is that the IVAs for the modules should be taken into consideration for deciding what life support functionality should be included. Specifically, the remaining "equipment space" volume which I would consider the space above "ceiling" panels, below "floor" panels, or any of the generic payload rack spaces. The KHM-3-1 is a compact module, and it is pretty apparent if you enable the internal cutaway view. The recycler might need to be tweaked a bit to a lower efficiency/higher EC usage.

Not sure how the Replacement Parts interact with the mod, so I'd say take a look at those numbers as well just so it doesn't create a tardis-effect with the station modules.

Also, kind of related, here is a PDF describing the distribution of life support systems on the ISS:

http://wsn.spaceflight.esa.int/docs/Factsheets/30%20ECLSS%20LR.pdf

10 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

What is the variation from what I have in the CLS patch in the OP?

Regarding USI-LS:

I really haven't played KSP in months (short of testing out my mod parts and any major KSP version releases for a few hours) so I cant really comment on balancing those values.

However, one thing I would mention is that the IVAs for the modules should be taken into consideration for deciding what life support functionality should be included. Specifically, the remaining "equipment space" volume which I would consider the space above "ceiling" panels, below "floor" panels, or any of the generic payload rack spaces. The KHM-3-1 is a compact module, and it is pretty apparent if you enable the internal cutaway view. The recycler might need to be tweaked a bit to a lower efficiency/higher EC usage.

Not sure how the Replacement Parts interact with the mod, so I'd say take a look at those numbers as well just so it doesn't create a tardis-effect with the station modules.

Also, kind of related, here is a PDF describing the distribution of life support systems on the ISS:

http://wsn.spaceflight.esa.int/docs/Factsheets/30%20ECLSS%20LR.pdf

Ah - ignore the CLS patch - that's the same as the one you have up. Or very nearly identical.  I forgot that you have that up on the OP.

USI-LS is in line with RoverDude's guidelines, YMMV.  The numbers are based on module mass and the number of Kerbals supported.  Ditto for Replacement Parts.  RoverDude set the guidelines specifically for balance.  I was just submitting it since I was already putting a couple MM patches together and thought I'd throw it out there since there didn't already seem to be a USI-LS config.

TAC-LS definitely models more closely an ISS-style LS config, but that's not surprising, since TaranisElsu based his numbers of NASA publications like this one.

In addition to the Factsheet link you posted, there's a good overview of current and future functionality of the ISS ECLSS here.

Cheers!

I am having major trouble with berth mechanisms, I've used the easy method even, still doesn't work... If I had a station with active berthing mechanism before I changed it to the easier way through the config, will it instantly changed or will I need to redo the whole thing? Can anyone explain to me if the berthing mechanisms work properly on 1.1.2, do I need some other mod to get them to work? My ships just bounce off, there's no magnetic pull or anything...

@skyhawkmlt which easy method did you use? when you modify the CFGs, you will need to exit KSP and reboot it for the edits to get applied.

If you have all ACBMs on your station you should be fine with removing the alignment and gendering. but make sure you edit BOTH ACBM and PCBM cfgs.

I deleted this lines in each of the CFG's in APAS and CBMS folders:

captureMinRollDot = 0.99999 
        snapRotation = true 
        snapOffset = 120  

I obviously rebooted KSP after, still having trouble connecting... gonna keep testing...

7 hours ago, skyhawkmlt said:

obviously rebooted KSP after, still having trouble connecting

just so we dont miss anything, you are trying to dock a PCBM to the ACBM correct?

also, take a look at this post, not sure if this docking port bug is still an issue in 1.1.2

6 hours ago, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

Truss segment looks great! Do you plan to use dual axis tracking for the SAWs or only in the one plane?

Just single axis. This is to give the SAWs more versatility to be used on other crafts (I'm making them individual instead of the pair being a single part as well). Plus, it will not cause clipping issues with the radiator that is located on the integrated Equipment Assembly. Otherwise you would need to omit that radiator from the truss to allow dual axis.

dual-axis is still on the roadmap as a possibility, but it will not make ISS recreations look correct with them (due to having to remove 4 radiators).

BtglZFs.jpg

A cheeky sneak-peak of things to come :wink: If only this screenshot was legit

On a related note, I'm not sure how to work with the connection between the PMA and Unity, using CBMs. It looks a bit funky due to the flat plate on the PMA and the flat portion on the ends of Unity being wider than the CBM diameter. I'm probably going to have to look at tweakscaling the docking ports, and bring in the Kraken. 

Gorgeous shot!

7 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

On a related note, I'm not sure how to work with the connection between the PMA and Unity, using CBMs. It looks a bit funky due to the flat plate on the PMA and the flat portion on the ends of Unity being wider than the CBM diameter.

check this link out (pg 62/168 and then around pg100)

http://www.spaceref.com/iss/eva/9720.EVA.Ref.3A.STS92.pdf

Its definitely funky but the PMA flange might be somewhat correct. Unity appears to have some sort of shroud installed on both ends that encase the CBMs. I originally had that modeled as part of Unity in the Beta versions but then decided to remove it. I might however re-introduce it back onto the model (not craft breaking) and model it as a shroud with a simple hollow collider. this would be packaged in an alternate folder though, or maybe as a completely new part so people can decide if they want flat ends, or have shrouded ends. or maybe i should just create the shroud as a new part so it can be added to other station modules as well?

25 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Its definitely funky but the PMA flange might be somewhat correct. Unity appears to have some sort of shroud installed on both ends that encase the CBMs. I originally had that modeled as part of Unity in the Beta versions but then decided to remove it. I might however re-introduce it back onto the model (not craft breaking) and model it as a shroud with a simple hollow collider. this would be packaged in an alternate folder though, or maybe as a completely new part so people can decide if they want flat ends, or have shrouded ends. or maybe i should just create the shroud as a new part so it can be added to other station modules as well?

I think that introducing that section as a shroud would be a really good idea. In terms of implementation, another option could be Interstellar Mesh Switch. I think a separate part is a good idea for flexibility, especially seeing as part count is slightly less important with 1.1. I know this is a cardinal sin in the modding community, but can I ask if this plan is something coming in the short term, or is it a much longer out thing to do? I'm just asking so I know whether I should make my own shroud, or wait for an 'official' one. No worries if you can't/won't answer that. 

Keep up the good work! :) 

Also, THAT DOCUMENT IS GOLD TO ME THANK YOU *ahem* It's a shame most of the links 404

Edited by MrMeeb

7 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

I know this is a cardinal sin in the modding community

:o

I still have the legacy model of the Unity file saved with the shroud, so it wouldn't take much work to re-introduce it back in. what i might do, is re-scale that shroud to match the same height of a ACBM/PCBM, so the shroud will be flush with the adjacent connected module/PMA.

I have a vacation coming up in 2 weeks so I'm hoping to push out at least v1.1.1 before I depart for a week and a half (v1.2 would be close to completion but I'm not going to rush it). I can plan to include the shroud with that release.

the issue now with the shroud will be attachment nodes. My thought is to have (2) nodes at the same location (but oriented opposite directions). attaching the node uses up the attachment point on the module, but the shroud now has a new node to attach the CBM. the attachment heirarchy would look like [CBM>Shroud>Module]. Otherwise I would have to double up the nodes on the pressurized modules so the shroud and CBM are independently attached to the modules[CBM>Module]+[Shroud>Module].

20 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

:o

I'm sorry ;-;

If I understand correctly, the shroud would be attached to the module, and the CBM would be attached to the shroud? That sounds like the best option and most 'normal' situation for KSP. Would the shroud reach as far as both an Active and Passive CBM, to really cover the gap, or would it only go as far as one? Personally, I experimented with using the CBM designed for the Z1, as it's really low profile. I suppose if it's only going to reach as far as one CBM, that would probably work pretty well.

4 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

If I understand correctly, the shroud would be attached to the module, and the CBM would be attached to the shroud? That sounds like the best option and most 'normal' situation for KSP

Yes

4 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Would the shroud reach as far as both an Active and Passive CBM, to really cover the gap, or would it only go as far as one?

I was envisioning it would cover the gap of both. based on pictures it seems that this is how its set up.

8 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Yeah. I figure it will do that. We'll have to wait and see how bad it is. Damnit, I just couldnt help myself! Am I to blame!?

CM

Look into HabTech. That mods trusses are better than using NearFutures for an ISS-alike station. They're also seemingly less intense on your computer.

3 minutes ago, G'th said:

Look into HabTech. That mods trusses are better than using NearFutures for an ISS-alike station. They're also seemingly less intense on your computer.

One of the things that I rather like with the NearFutureConstruction trusses is their ability to carry a variety of different fuels and such, depending on the configuration. If you look at the pictures closely, I've actually got quite a few battery packs added along with the Monopropellant/battery configuration from NFC's trusses to allow the station to continue to perform and last through the dark portion of orbit. 

But hey, thanks for that tidbit of information! :)

CM

2 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

-Insert suitable reaction image here...last I saw, they aren't allowed ;-; -

Id be very grateful if you hit me up with any other ISS reference documents as and when you find them by PM or something too. They're very useful :) 

Edited by MrMeeb

5 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

-Insert suitable reaction image here...last I saw, they aren't allowed ;-; -

Id be very grateful if you hit me up with any other ISS reference documents as and when you find them by PM or something too. They're very useful :) 

I'd say reaction images/gifs are fair game in this thread when properly executed.

I'll pm you more references as I find them. I just stumbled on those PDFs last week by some dumb luck and obscure keywords in google. Thanks to those, the SAWs are getting a fair amount of greebles added to them :) .

Also, quick update with some revamps. Doesnt look like much but the UV maps and textures are getting redone from the ground up (and layer folder structure is much cleaner as well). Still need to add the BDB treatment and specular so its not super shiny all over. Windows are re-colored to be more pork-like. EVA hand rails got put on a diet to not look so beefy, got a slight model update, and tone down the yellowness of the handrails (still need to play with it a bit).