[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

2 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Very close to getting the next release buttoned up, but need some opinions on the speculars on these station modules. Right I have made a test for the USA modules and KHMs, and its pretty muted. See the album in full resolution for best clarity. Lots of random shots.

I have the KIBO and Airlock included as a comparison. Those still have the completely uniform, full-bore white specular on them.

How shiny do people want the panels? Want it to jive more with stock, and be more matte, or have the shininess a bit more popping like unpainted stainless steel?

I think the shiny ones you've got in this album are pretty good. IRL, they do have some shine to them, sort of like polished Al, but I would probably dumb it down juuust a little. My two cents...

Release Version 1.2 is Available on SpaceDock

Give the updated APAS and CBMs a whirl, should be more user-friendly and hard dock a bit easier.

A note on the Trunnion Pins, you will need to use snap rotation to place, and then eye-ball the opposite side, since mirror symmetry in the SPH flips them upside down.

I'll update the OP parts gallery later this/next week to showcase the updated textures.

Change Log:

v1.2

New Part:

• Trunnion Pin/Scuff Plate. Surface attachable greeble. 

Enhancements:

• "USA Texture/Model Pass". Redone UVs and reduced texture map by 1/2. Porklike/BDB Treatment, Specular Map. Handrails Redone.
  • "Airlock Texture/Model Pass". Redone UVs and reduced texture map by 1/2. Porklike/BDB Treatment, Specular Map. Handrails Redone.
  • JAXA, APAS, and PMA handrail temporary color correction to match new USA Handrails. Models will be updated per Road Map. JAXA window temporary color correction to match USA texture.
  • 1/2 Resolutions textures updated per new changes.
  • APAS and CBM colliders modified so that the guide fins are now usable. Active APAS no longer a gimmick. Much easier to align and obtain a hard dock.

Mod Support:

• Corrected CLS Patch to work.
  • Added TweakScale Patch (thanks @VenomousRequiem).
  • Added RemoteTech Patch for KU Band Antenna.
  • Added USI-Life Support Patch (thanks @panarchist)

Edited by cxg2827

cxg2827

First off, thanks for this great mod, i couldn't build stations without those parts anymore! Amazing work indeed! 

I just installed the recent update (deleted the old folder first) and now i'm getting vessel loading errors due to missing parts (CXA.APAS.A / CXA.APAS.P and CXA.Node1).

Is there any way to get around this without grounding and rebuilding my entire space station? This would be heartbreaking! ;.;

I went through the last few pages of this thread but couldnt find any post related to my issue. Apologies if this has been discussed already 

EDIT: I just checked the part.cfg's and it looks like you replaced the dot with an underscore, they are now named CXA_APAS_A
Was this an accidental change or intentionally? I'm wondering if i can just fix it myself by changing the part names in the CFGs or if this will break references if it was an intentional change.

Edited by Woozie
new discoveries

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Is there any way to get around this without grounding and rebuilding my entire space station? This would be heartbreaking! ;.;

thanks for the compliments.

Questions. From which prior version are you upgrading from? I had a craft-breaking update in the beta phase of this mod that changed the names of some parts to help with possible MM configs and prevent name conflicts with other mods.

I can possibly take a look at your persistent file to help you out. You quit your save after that craft-load error right? If you continued to play and it autosaved it might be gone for good. Other option is if you have an auto-save that can be used as a backup.

thanks for your quick reply, i just edited my initial post with new findings, but you explained it in your reply anyways :) So the change was intentional then.

I'm not sure if i was upgrading from the second recent version, as i'm not using CKAN anymore and i might have missed an update in between. 

I'm loading from a quicksave file and i didnt continue or quit yet, went straight to the forum after being greeted by the error. I can share my quicksave.sfs via dropbox if you like. If its an easy fix like simply replacing all the old references with the new ones  in the sfs file, i can happily do this myself. 

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

This happened to me during (I believe) the mod update for 64bit KSP. I just rebuilt my station in the SPH and HyperEdited it back into orbit. You could always do that, worse comes to worse... Just make sure you dont have any Kerbals onboard before you perform that craft-breaking update! Else... RIP... 

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

I just checked the part.cfg's and it looks like you replaced the dot with an underscore, they are now named CXA_APAS_A
Was this an accidental change or intentionally? I'm wondering if i can just fix it myself by changing the part names in the CFGs or if this will break references if it was an intentional change.

My parts use underscores in their Models and CFGs, so that is correct. Though, in persistence files the underscores get replaced with periods, so that's why the error message showed the parts name as you mentioned in your post.

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

I went through the last few pages of this thread but couldnt find any post related to my issue. Apologies if this has been discussed already 

ok, i found where it happened, v0.15.

@Woozie, can you confirm what version of this pack you had prior to updating to 1.2?

@cxg2827 @Calvin_Maclure Thanks for your help chaps, appreciate it!

It works now, looks like it was a classic "user-error".... :mad:  Even though i deleted the old folders, i kept the CXAerospace folder. When copying over the new content i put all the part/props/spaces etc subfolders directly into the CX folder, instead of 'Station Parts'....

Fun fact, i checked the folders and files at least twice during troubleshooting and i didnt notice the wrong structure, quite a facepalm moment

and thats after successfully installing 100+ mods :rolleyes:

Edited by Woozie

24 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

@NeoFatalis, I'm not sure if the Tantares and BDB bug is coincidental or due to my update. have you checked their threads for similar issues?

what mods are you running?

I have a lot of mods (something like 50) but I tried for like 2 hours checking every mod and I came to a situation where my game folder was almost clean besides BDB , Tantares and its dependencies with CX so I tried to delete CX and immidiatly everything came back to normal and to check that it was actually because of this mod I tried to install everything back besides CX and everything worked fine... and I haven't seen someone complain about this at BDB or Tantares

Just now, NeoFatalis said:

Tantares and its dependencies with CX

Can you direct me to these items? I wasn't aware of any dependencies with my pack.

Only major changes that might have caused issues could be the docking port collider modifications, or possible the remotetech MM config, so try deleting the patch and rolling back the APAS ports to 1.1

10 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Can you direct me to these items? I wasn't aware of any dependencies with my pack.

Only major changes that might have caused issues could be the docking port collider modifications, or possible the remotetech MM config, so try deleting the patch and rolling back the APAS ports to 1.1

I meant the  BDB dependencies like Dmagic animate plugin and module manager and actually I think that the remotech config may cause it because I tried long time ago remotetech and it also had some issues with the animations of these antennas , I will try to delete now the remotetech config and hope for the best :)

EDIT: the RemoteTech config was actually causing this, BTW thanks for the quick reply:)

Edited by NeoFatalis

Does this mod add any contracts, or integrate with any contracts specifically? Just curious as I have a career in place and knowing what packs work with contracts is vital for backup purposes (and knowing which mods can be removed and installed later, or at will). Thanks.

In the RemoteTech patch you added in the latest version, you did an error that i've seen elsewhere and can mess up all the antennas in the game as it deletes the stock transmitter module in non-stock antennas at least.

@PART[CXA_KU_ANTENNA]:FOR[RemoteTech]

Should be:

@PART[CXA_KU_ANTENNA]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]

With ModuleManager the use of a FOR tag actually makes [RemoteTech] true even if the dll is absent, it becomes a non-dll mod in the logs. 

Did a quick test and it worked fine on a non-RemoteTech install. 
Rest of the mod is fine and very useful. Thanks for your work.

EDIT: Same error pops up in CXA_MMPatch_USI.cfg. Also, the CLS patch doesn't check is Connected Living Space is installed.
Keepfit and Snacks are written right. 

Edited by Mokmo

@charliepryor, this is just a parts-only mod , so you shouldnt have any issues.

@Mokmo, thanks for the compliment and info with the MM patch issues. I've been writing these patches a bit blindly by checking examples in other mods. The RemoteTech patch I grabbed from the RemoteTech release directly, so that explains why it was written with a FOR rather than a NEEDS. I'll try to get the RemoteTech, USI and CLS patches corrected today and release a hotfix.

9 hours ago, Mokmo said:

Also, the CLS patch doesn't check is Connected Living Space is installed.

I couldnt find on the CLS page how to write a patch to check if it is installed, and from browsing other mods they all follow the same format as how I wrote out my patch. Are there any issues with leaving it as is?

@Papa_Joe how would you modify a CLS patch so it does the check as well? 

Release Version 1.2.1 is Available on SpaceDock

Just a hotfix for the MM configs. If you dont use USI-Life Support or RemoteTech, just delete those patches for now, no need to re-download the whole pack.

Change Log:

v1.2.1

MM Config Hotfixes:

• Corrected RemoteTech Patch to fix an error that deleted the stock transmitter module in non-stock antennas. Issue happens in installs that don't have RemoteTech.
    • For the RemoteTech Issue, if you dont use RemoteTech, you can just delete this MM config from the CxAerospace/Station Parts folder instead of re-downloading the pack.
  • Fixed USI-Life Support Patch. Replaced FOR tags with NEEDS tags.

Took a look at the new patches, they are as they should be :D
As for the CLS patch, i'm not sure if the check was necessary. 

/back to station building :D

1 hour ago, Mokmo said:

Took a look at the new patches, they are as they should be :D
As for the CLS patch, i'm not sure if the check was necessary. 

/back to station building :D

Let me know if there are any issues I'll be happy to look into what your issue might be.

Hey, I'm having a weird buy were I click undock on apas, and they won't undock and I can't see anything in alt-f2. Anyone having the same problem or know how to fix it? 

It's an old bug which had a fix involving changes in the persistant save file, but this fix was found and written up pre-1.1, so due to how nodes work now some of the instructions are wrong, and there hasn't been an updated method I've found yet. In my experience, it hasn't just been cxg's parts that suffer from this, I've seen it happen with Tantares parts as well. It might be worth asking @Claw about this, as they produced the last guide for fixing this.