[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

Hey, so everytime i've used this mod i've loved it, the problem is i can't get a single one of your docks to actually dock and there are no kerbal avatar pics if you know what i mean and the camera views are non existant. I'm redownloading to test it out now.

Yeah i can't get my docking ports to work together. It contacts but acts like it never joins together. I've taken a piece up and disconnected and it wouldn't come completely apart and wouldn't go back together so in all, can't get your docking ports to work period.

1 hour ago, Turk_WLF said:

What launch method do you prefer?

To be honest, I just use hyperedit to test the parts in space, so I never experienced breaking during an ascent. By latest release do you mean 1.1.3 or the 1.2 pre-release? I'll look into this issue.

1 hour ago, cxg2827 said:

To be honest, I just use hyperedit to test the parts in space, so I never experienced breaking during an ascent. By latest release do you mean 1.1.3 or the 1.2 pre-release? I'll look into this issue.

Oops, sorry I forgot about the 1.2 pre-release being out there. However I meant for 1.1.3, if it helps for testing I had 2 Solar Arrays attached to end of a Truss.. it works if you attached the solar panels while they're deployed.. then you can fold them up for launch.

Thank you for the quick reply & looking into it.

Hi there! Now with SpaceDock working again and me having some time to run station-test-missions I've been able to check the new parts.

Really like this mod - fantastic!

But I experienced just a little problem: the radiator panel is working great but it's state keeps reading "extending" after extending it. Animation seems to work but it doesn't start cooling at any point (only LEO tested so far). What might be the reason for that?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

@Jeb Jawkins Not sure on that issue. I just did a test on my test station, and it displays "Status: Aligned to the Sun" and "Cooling: 1%"

Are you running a heavily modded install?

I am currently using 26 mods. MM is applying 848 patches.
Guess this can be considered heavily modded even though most "mods" are additions required by maybe 10 "main-mods" (e.g. DMagicScience). But there are no other radiators apart from the stock ones. Solar panels of CxAerospace are also working without a problem.

Edited by Jeb Jawkins

3 hours ago, Jeb Jawkins said:

I am currently using 26 mods. MM is applying 848 patches.
Guess this can be considered heavily modded even though most "mods" are additions required by maybe 10 "main-mods" (e.g. DMagicScience). But there are no other radiators apart from the stock ones. Solar panels of CxAerospace are also working without a problem.

26 mods is not heavily modded... haha. Ive got 74. RSS/RP/RO uses over 100, I think. 

3 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

26 mods is not heavily modded... haha. Ive got 74. RSS/RP/RO uses over 100, I think. 

Check on that.
Gonna try a clean install tonight and see what changes.

EDIT: tried with a clean install. Radiator still keeps extending. I believe it's a problem coming from my ksp version as it is not the latest one due to the system I am runnig it on. Up to now I had no problems running newer mods on my older copy. Anyway - guess everythings fine with the mod.

Edited by Jeb Jawkins

I have a huge problem with transfering crew.

I'm using RSS/RO/Connected Living Space. When I use CBM on launchpad, I can transfer crew without problems - I have a Node-1 with CBM passive and command pod with CBM active. Then I use HyperEdit to place this structure in space.

Once I undock and then dock again, I open both hatches and from now on I cannot transfer crew between those modules :( The only possible way to do this is to make all parts passable via CLS settings. Any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 hour ago, 0xd1ff said:

I have a huge problem with transfering crew.

I'm using RSS/RO/Connected Living Space. When I use CBM on launchpad, I can transfer crew without problems - I have a Node-1 with CBM passive and command pod with CBM active. Then I use HyperEdit to place this structure in space.

Once I undock and then dock again, I open both hatches and from now on I cannot transfer crew between those modules :( The only possible way to do this is to make all parts passable via CLS settings. Any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Someone else just reported what could be the same issue over in the CLS thread - and this is likely a CLS problem.  I'd go over there and see what they come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this mod gets updated to 1.2, it's been one f my must have mods since 1.1 and it's gonna be even more important as another mod popped up that I've always wanted and intend to use with cxaerospace to build bases NASA style, no I don't wanna use planetary base systems because I'm trying to play with under 30 mods.

Edited by The-Doctor

@The-Doctor feel free to post pictures of your crafts using these parts in this thread, or tag me if you post craft shots in other threads. Seeing this pack being used by others is a good motivator to continue working on it.

Also, the Roadmap in the OP is a good indicator for when an update is going to be released, as I had it noted that a release was scheduled for today :wink:.

v1.4 now available on SpaceDock

v1.4

Enhancements:

• 1.2 Compatibility.
    • New Categories (Coupling, Electrical, Thermal, Communication).
    • KU Band (ModuleDataTransmitter,ModuleDeployableAntenna)
  • Change temp limit of APAS and CBMs to 2000
  • "APAS Texture/Model Pass". Redone UVs and reduced texture map by 1/2. Porklike/BDB Treatment, Specular Map
  • "PMA Texture/Model Pass". Redone UVs and reduced texture map by 1/2. Porklike/BDB Treatment, Specular Map. Handrails Redone.
  • 1/2 Resolutions textures updated per new changes.

Fixes:

• Quest Airlock: Rotated Model 180 along long axis, external airlock hatch facing “down”
  • Solar Array Wing: Canister handrails needed smoothing.
  • KHM 4-1: Endcap textures need the docking port texture 

50 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

@The-Doctor feel free to post pictures of your crafts using these parts in this thread, or tag me if you post craft shots in other threads. Seeing this pack being used by others is a good motivator to continue working on it.

Also, the Roadmap in the OP is a good indicator for when an update is going to be released, as I had it noted that a release was scheduled for today :wink:.

v1.4 now available on SpaceDock

thanks! I will, personally I haven't yet upgraded to 1.2 yet, but I will soon, plus I have a while to wait for my other must have mods like kerbalism to update.

7 hours ago, drtedastro said:

SpaceDock still 'says' that it is for 1.1.3 ????

Cheers.

SpaceDock hasn't been updated to include a 1.2 tag, so just trust the change log until VITAS gets around to adding that tag.