[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

On 1.12.2016 at 3:43 PM, JoseEduardo said:

I believe he made them gendered to avoid docking two passive APAS

but you could make a personal MM patch to remove gender from these ports without the need to change the original file every time it is updated

That would not be correct. The gender of the active port should be switchable in-flight to passive. the passive always stays passive. This is the priciple idea behind the apas system.

51 minutes ago, sebseb7 said:

That would not be correct. The gender of the active port should be switchable in-flight to passive. the passive always stays passive. This is the priciple idea behind the apas system.

This needs to be more obvious, as I've run several missions with the APAS ports and was unaware the active side could be switched to passive mode.

13 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

This needs to be more obvious, as I've run several missions with the APAS ports and was unaware the active side could be switched to passive mode.

He was talking about the real-life ports these are inspired by.

10 hours ago, sebseb7 said:

stock KSP doesn't support that, that's the whole point of this discussion

then you'd have two passive APAS docking together and people would come and complain that this isn't realistic

I already posted a quick MM patch that disables gendering and makes this discussion useless, so it's up to people if they want it or not

9 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Minus proper trusses

You missed one.

Also

v1.5 now available on SpaceDock

v1.5

Enhancements:

• 1.2.2 Compatibility verified.
  • Docking ports tweaked for easier engagement. Staging disabled.
  • Crew reports added to KHM 3-1, eX-R-S, and JAXA modules
  • "JAXA Texture/Model Pass". Redone UVs and reduced texture map by 1/2. Porklike/BDB Treatment, Specular Map. Added new greebles as well.
  • 1/2 Resolutions textures updated per new changes.
  • Kerbnet CFG edits added to the Z1 truss.
  • SAW CFG tweaked.
  • Node attach added to MRTAS docking ports.

Fixes:

• CLS and KeepFit MM patches tweaked syntax.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:04 PM, alaykitty said:

I love your mod!  Has there been a realism overhaul config created by anyone for the parts? I'd love to use them for an RO station

not yet, if you stumble on some, send me a link and I'll add it to the OP

Thanks for the warning

8YCIWDn.png

EDIT: Luckily for me, I backed up KSP before updating, but I can't update now :( 

EDIT 2: I think MM did something. When I put the old version back in, and the old safeload, it still didnt load properly.

EDIT 3: Yup, put the old ModuleManager.ConfigCache/ConfigSHA/Physics and .TechTree back in and it works now.

Edited by damonvv

13 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Thanks for the warning

*snip*

EDIT: Luckily for me, I backed up KSP before updating, but I can't update now :( 

That doesn't look at all right. Are you sure your download was complete, or installed correctly? The way it looks, it's as if Cx isn't installed. I didn't see 'deleted entire mod' under the v1.5 changelog :P 

1 minute ago, MrMeeb said:

That doesn't look at all right. Are you sure your download was complete, or installed correctly? The way it looks, it's as if Cx isn't installed. I didn't see 'deleted entire mod' under the v1.5 changelog :P 

Nope, MM did something. I don't know what, but when I put old version back in and old MM ConfigCache it worked (still on old version)

I installed like it said on the OP, remove old folder, then place new one in.

Edited by damonvv

1 minute ago, damonvv said:

Nope, MM did something. I don't know what, but when I put old version back in and old MM ConfigCache it worked (still on old version)

I suggest you make sure your MM is on the most current release version, and then install Cx Aerospace v1.5 (make sure to delete the previous Cx Aerospace folder, just to be safe) and then see if it works. If it doesn't and you run into the same problem, post logs. Make sure to maintain your working backup while you do this

Alright, my steps: doing things as im writing.

Checked if MM was latest version. I have 2.7.5, the last one that was released is 2.7.5.
Removed CxAerospace folder
Downloaded V1.5 on spacedock
Placed new CxAerospace folder in GameData

Launched KSP x64
And somehow it works now, hmm.
Closing KSP, and launching it back up (to make sure)
Works.

Now I'm confused haha, I did exactly the same thing. Must have overlooked something.

Anyway, thanks @MrMeeb, saved my day!
B2xLK0o.png

Edited by damonvv

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

I also saw that you're working on the rest of the truss complex, I can't wait to see it!

Been slowly working on top-down modeling for those to make sure proportions are correct and all parts fit correctly. I might have something to show for it all in-game untextured in a few weeks.

23 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Been slowly working on top-down modeling for those to make sure proportions are correct and all parts fit correctly. I might have something to show for it all in-game untextured in a few weeks.

Looks like I got more shuttle missions to plan out in a few months! Can't wait to send those and rebuild the station in space :D

Edited by damonvv

On December 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM, damonvv said:

Thanks for the warning

8YCIWDn.png

for future reference anytime this happens just task-kill the game (Alt+F4) and you'll still have your intact save file. It won't be overwritten until you change to another screen

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

for future reference anytime this happens just task-kill the game (Alt+F4) and you'll still have your intact save file. It won't be overwritten until you change to another screen

I'm aware :) Also I back up every time things needs an update. But thanks!