[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

P/S5 Truss model finalized. The SAW animation will be getting a slight tweak to the deployment angle, but will not affect crafts.

Spoiler

NwzPAYy.jpg

3Qkxvpv.jpg

Also, grapple fixture anyone? 03125m sized docking port, or just for greebling your stations. I'll be making the effector for the active counterpart.

Spoiler

149H7CI.jpg

I have the grapple and effector working as docking ports, but being so small it might look funky being used on a remote tug. Either way, the grapple will help greeble up crafts

aJwFPF4.jpg

11 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

I have the grapple and effector working as docking ports, but being so small it might look funky being used on a remote tug. Either way, the grapple will help greeble up crafts

aJwFPF4.jpg

So, what can we use as the opposite mate to connect with it? 

Also, those containers (far right of the part), will those have any actual KIS inventory capacity?

It's the same docking port type as the stock jr docking port. I'm also making an end effector to compliment the grapple fixture.

Those containers on the quest don't have KIS inventory, dont think it was ever requested.

2 hours ago, sebseb7 said:

(Water is not required for USI)

That is not exactly true...

Water is not used in any of the USI-LS parts - but it is used in other USI parts that have recyclers.  (MKS has several, for instance.)  I haven't looked at that part recently, but if it's balanced against MKS's parts, (which are also balanced against USI-LS) then having water would be fine - water is used in 'purifiers' which are extremely high-quality recyclers, in the USI lore.

Grapple and end effector. Just needs bump and specular to finish. Fairly tiny, though I'm sure people will fine uses for them (probes maybe?). I also made a small cylindrical standoff for the grapple to better recreate the PMAs

izgSxcR.jpg?1

Lx1o660.jpg

On 8.04.2017 at 11:58 PM, cxg2827 said:

P/S5 Truss model finalized. The SAW animation will be getting a slight tweak to the deployment angle, but will not affect crafts.

Reveal hidden contents

NwzPAYy.jpg

3Qkxvpv.jpg

Also, grapple fixture anyone? 03125m sized docking port, or just for greebling your stations. I'll be making the effector for the active counterpart.

Reveal hidden contents

149H7CI.jpg

dev build ? :wink:

4 hours ago, Jasseji said:

dev build ? :wink:

P5 is starting to get textured as I type. It will be out soon enough.

3 hours ago, erik84 said:

The photos of the last pieces you've added I already have? Or are they still in development?

Grapple parts no, those will be included in the next release which will hopefully be posted later next week.

Edited by cxg2827

Update live on SpaceDock

v1.6

New Parts:

• P5/S5 Truss (Solar Array Wing Spacer Truss)
    • Note that the RTAS docking ports are needed to be used on the P5 truss in order to get the proper spacing to clear the deployed SAWs. If not there will be a bit of visible clipping.
  • Grapple Fixture (Tiny Docking port/greeble)
  • Grapple Effector (Tiny Docking port)
  • Grapple Fixture Standoff

Changes:

• SAW animation changed a bit to clear the P5 truss.Nothing craft breaking.
  • 1/2 Resolution textures updated per new changes.

Z2LTS6l.png

Sorry to bother but is it possibile to know why you plan to do S0 after the whole truss structure? It is the basic structure, together with Z1... and still why it's after some ETS parts like the Challenger module. I have no problem to wait, it seems just a little bit odd to me

No bother. I might have just randomly tossed some of my plans in random releases on the roadmap last night when I was kind of rushing to re-organize the roadmap. I'll fix it today now that the P5 is off my plate.

P5 got prioritized currently because I kept seeing people use the outboard trusses and clipping in the SAWs, so I figure I release P5 to stop that habit, and make it look correct.

Some ETS parts were already is the process of being made and have a small amount of work to finish. Those have also been pushed several releases and Its more that I want to just finish it so its not sitting at 90% complete for weeks/months on end. ETS trusses are extremely simplistic compared to ISS, so I was using those to test some new texturing techniques without altering the looks of the ISS parts. Those use a lot of repeating textures and meshes so its extremely easy to knock some of the parts out. An example, the ETS Z1 truss has ~90% of the meshes and textures that can be reused on the P1/P2, so its mostly just duplicate/place workflow.

Can I make a request? (Unless it is already in the program) I had found a mod for the mechanical arm for the station or the ssto, only that is no longer compatible with version 1.2.2 since it is part of the station components can you add them?

Also I'm not very clear about using that kind of mini-antenna (I do not know what it's called :P)

4 hours ago, erik84 said:

I had found a mod for the mechanical arm for the station or the ssto

Do you mean this?

or this?

Both still work as of 1.2.2. You need the github community fix of Infernal Robotics and Kerbal Joint Reinforcement available here:

Edit: My mistake it seems RKE Kanadarm needs a few fixes

Edited by TheRedTom
Clarification on RKE

Just now, cxg2827 said:

@Horus I just double checked the download, and I forgot to drag in the updated SAW.mu file with the fixed animation. I'll get a hotfix out tonight after work.

Thanks :) Very kind of you to spend your time for KSP community :) Appreciate it.

Sorry fixes took a bit longer. My Unity scene got completely messed up and I had to re-setup the SAW. Apparently restructuring folders/files outside Unity's project browser window will break links and make all moved parts "missing"

Anyway, hotfix is up on SpaceDock

v1.6.1

Fixes:

• SAW .mu file corrected animation. Colliders simplified to prevent other conflicts.

Updates:

• APAS docking ports no longer gendered. Active can now dock with Active, but Passive is configured to not be able to dock with passive to match RL.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:31 PM, sebseb7 said:

Hi,

the CXA_GymHab requires water for USI life support, while other modules don't.

(Water is not required for USI)

/seb

Sorry, been away for a while.  USI-LS/MKS has two different types of life support - the "normal" kind, which works as you would expect and does not use water, and recyclers, which use water to provide effectively a large multiplier to life support.  Since the bulk of Supplies is water (not the resource "water", but that's what RoverDude is abstracting), a water recycler lets you use that water dozens of times over, extending Supplies quite a bit.  The gym is a natural module to have a water recycler, as it has a toilet, so I set it up with the same requirements as the equivalent USI module.

The USI patch is pre-balance - RoverDude recently re-did all the numbers and the current USI-LS reflects a realistic and gameplay-balanced level which requires a spreadsheet to calculate properly.  I haven't had time to update the MM patch for CxAero and I don't know when I can set aside a couple hours to run it through the spreadsheet.  I certainly have no objection if someone else wants to crunch those numbers and submit a replacement to @cxg2827 - the files I submitted for this and other mods were "best effort" balance passes before there were clear guidelines, and I stepped up because no one had at that point.  I'd love it if someone else with the time and inclination submitted a new one so that the community can benefit.

I'm just excited that other folks out there enjoy both this mod and USI-LS.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:01 PM, cxg2827 said:

My truss game was strong this weekend. The easy part is done, got a lot of unwrapping and texturing ahead of me.

F21mO8n.png?1

Wow - looking amazing!  Can't wait to try these out.