[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

How about more ISS construction pictures?  I don't think we have enough of that :D

Spoiler

screenshot37.png

Zarya Module in orbit ( Ogon’ po gotovnosti! )

screenshot35.png

Unity Node and PMA's added via Cormorant Shuttle.  I had to remove PMA 2 because I screwed up the docking port alignment in the VAB.

screenshot36.png

Destiny and PMA 3 added.  Snacks were also finally shipped up.

screenshot38.png

Zvezda Added.  Bigger toilets included.

screenshot39.png

First Soyuz Mission to continually crew the station.  Air fresheners and deodorant were also brought up.

screenshot42.png

First Buran mission!  Emergency Kis/Kas struts were added because of the woobles.  Space noodles are fun, but not for science.

screenshot44.png

Shuttle Mission to add the Delliardo patented Z1 truss segment.  No need to use S0 truss with this Z1 truss segment! (I swear I know what I'm doing!)

screenshot45.png

Added one of the end truss segments for bigger solar panels.  Coffee machine and toaster can be both on at the same time without blowing a fuse.

screenshot46.png

First ATV mission to resupply the snacks.  Soyuz relocated to Zvezda Node.  Pop tarts taste funny in space.

My next mission is a Buran cargo run with the Quest Airlock.  Then I wait for @Beale to finish the Pirs/Poisk docking modules.  Will more than likely run some more cargo runs and crew changes until then.

Edited by Deltac

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I am using the most recent (1.3 compatible) Tantares with the CxAerospace station mod, and the APAS L04F (CxAerospace) docking port doesn't seem to attach to the E-3OQ (Tantares) drogue.  The E-3OQ is a 0.9325 docking port so I'm not sure what is wrong.  As a test, I build two rovers with these ports and tried to dock them on the KSC runway, instead of putting the time into an orbital test.  Is there anything I can change in the .cfg to make this work?

1 hour ago, Adam.A said:

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I am using the most recent (1.3 compatible) Tantares with the CxAerospace station mod, and the APAS L04F (CxAerospace) docking port doesn't seem to attach to the E-3OQ (Tantares) drogue.  The E-3OQ is a 0.9325 docking port so I'm not sure what is wrong.  As a test, I build two rovers with these ports and tried to dock them on the KSC runway, instead of putting the time into an orbital test.  Is there anything I can change in the .cfg to make this work?

The Tantares docking ports use the same nodeType as the Stock medium sized ports ("size1") while the CxA ports use a custom nodeType ("APAS_CXG"). In order for two docking ports to be compatible they must use the same nodeType. The Tantares ports are also gendered while the CxA ports aren't.

You can make the Tantares ports compatible using this ModuleManager patch that will allow them to dock to both stock and CxA ports:

@PART[Eridani_DockingMechanism_*]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		@nodeType = size1,APAS_CXG
		@gendered = false
	}
}

On 2017-06-14 at 4:34 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

The Tantares docking ports use the same nodeType as the Stock medium sized ports ("size1") while the CxA ports use a custom nodeType ("APAS_CXG"). In order for two docking ports to be compatible they must use the same nodeType. The Tantares ports are also gendered while the CxA ports aren't.

You can make the Tantares ports compatible using this ModuleManager patch that will allow them to dock to both stock and CxA ports:

@PART[Eridani_DockingMechanism_*]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		@nodeType = size1,APAS_CXG
		@gendered = false
	}
}

Great! Thank you! 

8 hours ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I know this has probably been asked and answered (and if so, please point me to the relative post), but what's the compatibility with 1.3?

propably a 100 times

On 20.05.2017 at 4:10 PM, cxg2827 said:

Not many people post station pictures in my thread

Stuck in 2001 Version due to lacking S0 Truss :P

Mix of Cx, Tantares, BDB and WildBlue MOLE

MlPela7.png

Already put one of these in the tantares thread, so I thought I should put one over here as well. I'm trying a timeline accurate assembly of the ISS using this and tantares (mainly, I'm using cormorant for the shuttle and infernal robotic for CanadArm 1 + 2) Just spent about 2 hours removing PMA-2 and relocating to Z1 and then berthing Destiny to the fore of Unity, all using CanadArm. Close to being one of the hardest things I've ever done, but equally one of the most rewarding. This is the station after finally berthing Destiny. Next up, ESP-1 and CanadArm 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2017 at 11:05 PM, Chimer4 said:

Already put one of these in the tantares thread, so I thought I should put one over here as well. I'm trying a timeline accurate assembly of the ISS using this and tantares (mainly, I'm using cormorant for the shuttle and infernal robotic for CanadArm 1 + 2) Just spent about 2 hours removing PMA-2 and relocating to Z1 and then berthing Destiny to the fore of Unity, all using CanadArm. Close to being one of the hardest things I've ever done, but equally one of the most rewarding. This is the station after finally berthing Destiny. Next up, ESP-1 and CanadArm 2.

Which Canadarm mod are you using? I've got one but the magnet on the end effector doesn't work. In fact, the ability to switch the magnet on or off has totally disappeared from the right click menu now.

Edited by windystig

4 hours ago, windystig said:

Which Canadarm mod are you using? I've got one but the magnet on the end effector doesn't work. In fact, the ability to switch the magnet on or off has totally disappeared from the right click menu now.

It looks like the regular IR Rework parts with the efffector/grapple from this mod.