[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

Cool Mod using it for some time to re-build KSP ISS. But I was always wondering why there is no Node 3, no Destiny, no Columbus Module? 

Given that "eX-R-S Activity Module" this is node 2?

Plus I never figured out how to use those solar trusses and trunnion to build the truss assembly. Maybe one could post his creation?

Thanks and best, Rissa

On 8.7.2017 at 3:58 AM, Rissa said:

Cool Mod using it for some time to re-build KSP ISS. But I was always wondering why there is no Node 3, no Destiny, no Columbus Module? 

Given that "eX-R-S Activity Module" this is node 2?

Plus I never figured out how to use those solar trusses and trunnion to build the truss assembly. Maybe one could post his creation?

Thanks and best, Rissa

The eX-R-S is supposed to be the Destiny, Node2 and 3 i believe are not planned as separate modules, rest is "In Progress"

The OP contains link to the roadmap

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I don't put too much outdated mods in my game

The most partmods don`t have problems even when they are outdated. So you can install them without problems. The only thing, you can ignore, is that KSP shows a message that this is outdated.

@cxg2827 Wow! How did I miss the fact there are some really nice end effectors and grapple fixtures in your mod :)

I just started tinkering with my shuttle and ISS again. 1.3 really messed with some of my builds. But most if not all my usual mods are back up to speed.

One request though. Would it be feasible to include HullCam VDS support and have say the "Booster cam" with the aiming reticule setup for the end effector? I may sit down tonight and see if I can't get it lined up manually through a cfg modul. So that the reticule will align with the target on the grapple fixture when docked. I've done this before, but adding an offset camera module like this takes some trial, and lots of error :)

Really excellent mod by the way. This has really helped me cleanup my ISS project. I especially like the docking ports with the paddles you must align to dock. As well as the fact you added in the animation for the shock absorber section. Hands down my favorite space station mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Those parts are great... really. But maybe someone can explain me how you use robotic arms to put them together. My problem is, that when I grappled the part (that works almost always) with your grappler (I like that thing). And then I undock the other docking port (the one used for launch)... then the grapper looses the part. No matter what I do. I tryed using grappers, docking ports, decouplers with 0 ejection force... nothing works. After releasing the station part (or in my case a robotic arm) the grappler "undocks" and everything drifts away slowly... how do you do it? (really, I already started a mod project to solve this once and forever... but, it takes some time to finish and I don't want to wait now :-) )... thanks for tips

Edit: well... forget it... I think I have to start modding to solve this... it's the "dual docking port problem"

Edited by Rudolf Meier

On 8/24/2017 at 6:53 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Quick questions for more experienced users of this pack...

What mod do you use to make the Russian Segment of the station, and are there any recommended Canadarm mods?

I recommend Tantares for the Russian orbital segment:

As for a candarm, well...

It doesn't officially work with 1.3, but if you grab the updated Infernal Robotics plugin it works just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 4:53 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Quick questions for more experienced users of this pack...

What mod do you use to make the Russian Segment of the station, and are there any recommended Canadarm mods?

SSTU also has a selection of Russian Segments.