[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

Bob: Is it a little hot inside this habitation unit? or is it me?

Okay while I like the Models there is one issue I have found, and that is if you hit Function Key 11 ( F11) to show off the Thermal image of any of the units..

They're a tad too warm..(The outsides are glowing red hot and even with Radiators on, I can't seem to get the temperatures down to an Acceptable level if The Kerbals 

Is this just an issue with the parts coding Or is the outside supposed to be hot? (After all Cross Compare this to the PPD-10 Hitchhikers pod and you can see what I am talking bout.

Space_Coyote

@Space_Coyote On the thermal overlay red is normal temperature for most parts (it's when they start to go yellow or white you need to worry).

Try going into the ALT+F12 dialog physics => thermal and enabling the option to show temperature details in the action menus then right clicking on the various parts. They'll likely all be around 270-300K (0 - 30°C).

Spoiler

01xhyWo.jpg

0HptJzs.jpg

The Squad crew parts don't show the same thermal overlays as the non-crewed parts for some reason.

Hello world,

I've recently heard that this mod (which is a masterpiece, but like Zarya and Zvezda pls :() works with RO.

So is that TRUE and then i'm just dumb to figure out how it works.

Or it's FALSE and then i'll kick the sh*t outta my friend, and then hug him. (#NOHOMO)

Thanks for the future replies! (Is this English?)

16 hours ago, Nolys_ said:

Hello world,

I've recently heard that this mod (which is a masterpiece, but like Zarya and Zvezda pls :() works with RO.

So is that TRUE and then i'm just dumb to figure out how it works.

Or it's FALSE and then i'll kick the sh*t outta my friend, and then hug him. (#NOHOMO)

Thanks for the future replies! (Is this English?)

Im unsure if theres built in compatibility with RO (whether on the RO side or just in the mod itself) but if you have tweakscale you can make it work. Just upscale all the parts so they're sized appropriately in RO.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:35 PM, G'th said:

Im unsure if theres built in compatibility with RO (whether on the RO side or just in the mod itself) but if you have tweakscale you can make it work. Just upscale all the parts so they're sized appropriately in RO.

Ok, thanks for the info!

(And i'll try to improve my english ^^)

On 9/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, DrLicor said:

@Nolys_, for as far as I could find, there ae no RO-patches for this mod. I just stranded here and wanted to know if there was one. 
I could check on @Theysen, maybe he knows more, if there are no patches, I think I will start producing some next week, :) 

Wow thanks dude!, I think that will help many players!

(I'd like so much to have this ability to create RO patches, think i'll start learning)

@DrLicor and @Nolys_, There appear to be configs for it in the RO folder, so it should work.  If it doesn't, you might learn more over in the RO thread.

I can't speak for the completeness or current compatibility at the moment, but this should give you a place to start.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/CXAerospace

Hi

I like the mod... verry good... but I think we can improve it and we could turn the APAS into the best docking port of KSP. I'm currently investigating how the joints work and I'm pretty sure that I can make one that works like the real APAS ports. This means that you could dock with a an angle up to some degrees away from perfect alignment on all axis (and then with capture, retraction, docking states of course). ... but, while my programming skills are good, my modeling skills are just slightly over those of a beginner. Would it be possible to get a model of the APAS (the active one with the ring) in wich you don't have an animation, but with pistons between the ring and the docking port built in a way that they are freely movable (e.g. 20cm to 50cm or something like that)? (so that the ring can be pulled out and the pistons follow... with no force between those parts?) ... like this I could then attach this to my joints (which will then bring the force into the model) which should then work as in real life...

Would be great if we can do that...

Rudolf

1 hour ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Hi

I like the mod... verry good... but I think we can improve it and we could turn the APAS into the best docking port of KSP. I'm currently investigating how the joints work and I'm pretty sure that I can make one that works like the real APAS ports. This means that you could dock with a an angle up to some degrees away from perfect alignment on all axis (and then with capture, retraction, docking states of course). ... but, while my programming skills are good, my modeling skills are just slightly over those of a beginner. Would it be possible to get a model of the APAS (the active one with the ring) in wich you don't have an animation, but with pistons between the ring and the docking port built in a way that they are freely movable (e.g. 20cm to 50cm or something like that)? (so that the ring can be pulled out and the pistons follow... with no force between those parts?) ... like this I could then attach this to my joints (which will then bring the force into the model) which should then work as in real life...

Would be great if we can do that...

Rudolf

Here you go:

https://spacedock.info/mod/870/SnapDock

You can edit the angles in .cfg.

Hi All,

Question:  Can i dock two active APAS together?  The text seems to imply that i need to dock active to passive?
I thought that APAS actives can dock to other actives, but the passives need to have an active fly up to them?

Thanks!

In real life NASA says that both ports can act as active or passive part (as far as I know). In KSP, if the port is not gendered (gendered = false) then it should work and the cfg's do contain the gendered = false... so, it should work (also with 2 passives by the way).

One other thing: I was unable to dock once, because one port has a snapoffset of 60 and the others 120. I had to change the 60 to 120 (in cfg file) to make it work. No idea how it's handled internally by KSP... I think I should try to find it out one day...

Edit: I did check that: the snapOffset need to be the same for both ports... otherwise KSP would not even try to calculate if the two docking ports are cose to each other and thus would also never allow a docking of them...

Edited by Rudolf Meier

• 1 month later...

@cxg2827 how ist the next update coming along? Would you possibly have any more WIP to share (I'm curious)?

Also, I have a few questions:

1) What exactly is the purpose of the "Challenger" Module mentioned in the roadmamp going to be?

2) Would it be possible to add a second attachment point on the Zenith side of the Z1 truss for a second Ku-Band antenna, like this one: up031621.jpg

55 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Also, I have a few questions:

1) What exactly is the purpose of the "Challenger" Module mentioned in the roadmamp going to be?

Challenger is first and biggest module of the space station Freedom as depicted in alternate history Eyes Turned Skyward that depicts post-Apollo era spaceflight without the Space Shuttle. 

fetch.php?w=750&tok=de1f2d&media=timelin

Edited by notJebKerman

2 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Challenger is first and biggest module of the space station Freedom as depicted in alternate history Eyes Turned Skyward, that depicts post-Apollo era spaceflight without the Space Shuttle. 

fetch.php?w=750&tok=de1f2d&media=timelin

Alright, thanks for that input. From the picture it looks like that module would also have solar panels and thrusters, but what exactly would this module be for? Is it mainly for habitation or for science (like the Destiny lab) or more a mix of both?

Just now, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Alright, thanks for that input. From the picture it looks like that module would also have solar panels and thrusters, but what exactly would this module be for? Is it mainly for habitation or for science (like the Destiny lab) or more a mix of both?

It has everything a space station needs so it does function as a habitat and houses other life support systems. Im not sure about a lab tho... Considering it's size and weight it could function as one. Kerbalized version should include both a lab, LS storage and a habitat (with USI-LS you need habitat modules for prolonged missions)

On 3.7.2016 at 1:30 AM, Kram45 said:

Hey, I'm having a weird buy were I click undock on apas, and they won't undock and I can't see anything in alt-f2. Anyone having the same problem or know how to fix it? 

Is this still a thing? In my 1.3.0 install i can undock but the craft will not seperate when using the apas docking port, the crafts are two seperate craft but no rcs helps to bring them apart. The only working "solution" is using timewarp.

Edited by JohnMcLane