[1.3.1] Galileo's Sun Flares [v1.8.3]

Galileo

Just now, SmashingKirby148 said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I deleted and reinstalled TextureReplacer several times too. Still didn't work. But I think somewhere in the KSP_Data folder there is either sharedassets 9 or sharedassets 10, I forgot which one, but I think that's the flare and that's how Proot made the sunflare in KSPRC back in 0.90. So should I delete that and try?

No I wouldn't delete that.  Try a fresh install of ksp and reinstall SVT.  I can't be sure where your issue is coming from but I have never had the sun flare just revert back to showing both.  I have been running it since I created the mod with no issues.  

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

No I wouldn't delete that.  Try a fresh install of ksp and reinstall SVT.  I can't be sure where your issue is coming from but I have never had the sun flare just revert back to showing both.  I have been running it since I created the mod with no issues.  

ok, I'll see if that works. Btw, I just learned how insanely easy it is to add a skybox into the game with TextureReplacer. I made one that looks really good with SVE :D

1 minute ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

ok, I'll see if that works. Btw, I just learned how insanely easy it is to add a skybox into the game with TextureReplacer. I made one that looks really good with SVE :D

Send some screenshots :)

I have made a few in my time,  but I decided not to include any because people like the freedom of choice

Edited by Galileo

Just now, SmashingKirby148 said:

Here ya go. :D

"The Boring Side"

Hide contents

"The Interesting Side"

Hide contents

"The GORGEOUS Side"

Hide contents

Features a galactic core and even a star cluster. :D

That looks great! 

Just now, Galileo said:

That looks great! 

Thank you! I really liked how it turned out, because with my first one, you could see the Galaxy Belt fine, but the top and bottom of the skybox were just black squares. I even added reflections on Kerbal Helmets. :D Should I put it on the TextureReplacer thread?

4 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Thank you! I really liked how it turned out, because with my first one, you could see the Galaxy Belt fine, but the top and bottom of the skybox were just black squares. I even added reflections on Kerbal Helmets. :D Should I put it on the TextureReplacer thread?

Yeah I'm sure others would greatly appreciate it.  

• 4 weeks later...

These sunflares look awesome! It doesn't seem like the flares work with the new scatterer 0.0255 though. I know that the sunflare folder in scatterer has been packed differently and also renamed sun. I used your config and tried renaming the folder from "Sun" to "sunflare" but it owuldnt work. Do you know if there is anything I can do? 

EDIT:

Nevermind, it had to do with some rescaling I did. :P

Edited by Courn Wallace

2 hours ago, Courn Wallace said:

These sunflares look awesome! It doesn't seem like the flares work with the new scatterer 0.0255 though. I know that the sunflare folder in scatterer has been packed differently and also renamed sun. I used your config and tried renaming the folder from "Sun" to "sunflare" but it owuldnt work. Do you know if there is anything I can do? 

EDIT:

Nevermind, it had to do with some rescaling I did. :P

Glad you got it working.  I haven't had a chance to convert everything to the new scatterer yet. I will do that soon

@Galileo I'm currently using one of your yellow flares and it looks great, but I've had trouble using a white flare. I tried using a white one (charlie), and instead of being all white, it showed up as white flare on top of a yellow sun (as if the originalSunglare.png is still being used). I'm otherwise using scatterer and EVE from your SVE download links, then replacing the files in /GameData/scatterer/sunflare with the ones from your download. I also have Kopernicus (1.1.3-1). This is in KSP 1.1.3. 

Obviously, I'm misunderstanding something here. I tried to grab the newest scatterer for 1.1.3, but it doesn't seem to accept sunflares the same way as the version of scatterer you bundled with SVE. I also see plenty of people have screenshots with a white sun, so they clearly did something I didn't.

24 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

@Galileo I'm currently using one of your yellow flares and it looks great, but I've had trouble using a white flare. I tried using a white one (charlie), and instead of being all white, it showed up as white flare on top of a yellow sun (as if the originalSunglare.png is still being used). I'm otherwise using scatterer and EVE from your SVE download links, then replacing the files in /GameData/scatterer/sunflare with the ones from your download. I also have Kopernicus (1.1.3-1). This is in KSP 1.1.3. 

Obviously, I'm misunderstanding something here. I tried to grab the newest scatterer for 1.1.3, but it doesn't seem to accept sunflares the same way as the version of scatterer you bundled with SVE. I also see plenty of people have screenshots with a white sun, so they clearly did something I didn't.

it may have been something i have done.. Which sunflare is it? 

From GalileosSunFlares.1.52.zip, it's Galileo's Sun Flares/GalileosSunflares/Choose Sunflare/Charlie/(all the files) put in scatterer/sunflare. I've tried both by writing over the top and leaving other existing files alone, or by deleting the contents of scatterer/sunflare and then copying your files in.

I'll try to get you a screenshot right quick.

16 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

From GalileosSunFlares.1.52.zip, it's Galileo's Sun Flares/GalileosSunflares/Choose Sunflare/Charlie/(all the files) put in scatterer/sunflare. I've tried both by writing over the top and leaving other existing files alone, or by deleting the contents of scatterer/sunflare and then copying your files in.

I'll try to get you a screenshot right quick.

im testing and its also not working for me. Ill have to figure out whats going on

25 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Roger. Otherwise, these make for something prettiful:

6AcQPej.png

@danfarnsy i just realized your issue. you do have Kopernicus, sorry i missed that

This cfg should fix the issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tit7167a57mgtfh/Sun.cfg?dl=0

if there is a sun cfg already in your kopernicus mod. delete it and add this one

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

i just realized your issue. you do have Kopernicus, sorry i missed that

This cfg should fix the issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tit7167a57mgtfh/Sun.cfg?dl=0

Thanks for the help. It took me a while to figure out why this solution wasn't working: I also had KASE installed, which tries to do the same thing as SVT. :( It had been some months since I'd played, so I didn't realize my redundancy in picking up your extras for SVE. "I replaced sun.cfg in here just like he said!" I feel like I just spent a couple of hours looking for a missing semicolon. 

And I may just discover that, like superman, I prefer the light of a yellow sun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello. I have recently installed this, then installed Sigma Dimensions and doubled the size of everything. This made the sunflare weird. I remember seeing a fix for this somewhere else but I can't find it now. Thanks fot your help,

Benji13.

3 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Hello. I have recently installed this, then installed Sigma Dimensions and doubled the size of everything. This made the sunflare weird. I remember seeing a fix for this somewhere else but I can't find it now. Thanks fot your help,

Benji13.

You will need to set the sun to not rescale or rescale only half in the advanced settings in your Sigma settings.cfg.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2016 at 5:56 PM, SmashingKirby148 said:

It was on SpaceDock, but I don't know what happened to it. :S

I'll reupload it once I have time.

Have you had time yet? I don't want to sound like a nag but it looks really good and I want it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.