[1.3.1] Galileo's Sun Flares [v1.8.3]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Heavyduty122 said:

Yeah, I have SVE installed aswell.

Ok yeah it is an issue between scatterer and Kopernicus. I haven't had lot of time to figure it out but I will hopefully next update.  For best look,  with that stock sun,  try the alpha yellow sunflare. It doesn't look bad and I kind of like it.  

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Ok yeah it is an issue between scatterer and Kopernicus. I haven't had lot of time to figure it out but I will hopefully next update.  For best look,  with that stock sun,  try the alpha yellow sunflare. It doesn't look bad and I kind of like it.  

Thanks dude!

I'll make a rare appearance as a bad user (no concrete info): I tried your (I think) Charlie sun flare, going for the huge JJ Abrams "nice flare" vibe, and it totally blows out the bounding box. Is there any way for you to back the flares off by, say, a third? Dropping the gamma didn't help much, save to darken the skybox into mundanity.

Just now, Jack Wolfe said:

I'll make a rare appearance as a bad user (no concrete info): I tried your (I think) Charlie sun flare, going for the huge JJ Abrams "nice flare" vibe, and it totally blows out the bounding box. Is there any way for you to back the flares off by, say, a third? Dropping the gamma didn't help much, save to darken the skybox into mundanity.

Yeah I can do that but it will have to be done next week as I'm not near my computer  :/  can you post a pic?  I have my laptop with photoshop on it and MIGHT be able to fix it.  I just can't test it

Just now, Jack Wolfe said:

I'll do my best. There's no rush, mate. My Kerbals won't riot if they aren't dazzled by their sun. :-)

I'm just a perfectionist so it bothers me that others arent 100% satisfied.  

5 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I'll do my best. There's no rush, mate. My Kerbals won't riot if they aren't dazzled by their sun. :-)

The way the sun looks with kopernicus may actually be realistic lol took this today

g6USEKm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my internet has just gone back up! its been down for two days and i have made a ton of progress, Jool looks almost how it should be except for it looking, slightly too bright green compared to the Int V2 version. Finishing up on Eve although it has a strange bug where when i look up there is a glitchy pixely version of 'detail1' (this is for Eve's sandstorms)  I also added small dust clouds for Minmus, Bop, Vall, and Eeloo. I haven't touched laythe just yet. 

I'm having a scatterer issue with the sunflares, they don't seem to be working for some reason... any ideas? i placed the images into the sunflare folder in scatterer replacing everything; it still didn't work...

1 hour ago, Matchlight said:

my internet has just gone back up! its been down for two days and i have made a ton of progress, Jool looks almost how it should be except for it looking, slightly too bright green compared to the Int V2 version. Finishing up on Eve although it has a strange bug where when i look up there is a glitchy pixely version of 'detail1' (this is for Eve's sandstorms)  I also added small dust clouds for Minmus, Bop, Vall, and Eeloo. I haven't touched laythe just yet. 

I'm having a scatterer issue with the sunflares, they don't seem to be working for some reason... any ideas? i placed the images into the sunflare folder in scatterer replacing everything; it still didn't work...

Make sure you have the latest scatterer 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, Diddly Feelerino said:

Let me first say, this mod is fantastic. Really makes the night sky beautiful.

However I have one issue - the actual glare shows some texture glitching; like I can see a distinct "block" or separation between the sunglare texture and the skybox in the background. Any ideas on fixing this? =/

See below for what I mean:

screenshot15.png

I found the issue and fixed it in this update

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I love that sun flare. 

I do, too. It's gorgeous and manages to demand attention without blowing out the rest of the scene.

Hello! Sorry to bother you again. I can't figure out what thread it was when I said I had this problem, but it's happening again. The normal sunflare and your sunflare (I changed from the old one) and both showing up again. I remember the solution you gave me, and I tried it but it's not working. I have SVEKopernicus but the normal one still shows up. It worked for some time but then after a while it stopped working. I have Texture Replacer with my own skybox if that's what it might be. Thanks in advance! :)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I deleted and reinstalled TextureReplacer several times too. Still didn't work. But I think somewhere in the KSP_Data folder there is either sharedassets 9 or sharedassets 10, I forgot which one, but I think that's the flare and that's how Proot made the sunflare in KSPRC back in 0.90. So should I delete that and try?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.