[1.3.1] Galileo's Sun Flares [v1.8.3]

Galileo

Where is this fabled SVE_settings.cfg which is spoken of?

I can't find it anywhere in my gamedata and I redownloaded SVE to be sure I wasn't missing anything and I don't see it in there either.

In GameData/StockVisualEnhancements I have an SVE_Configs folder, and in there is SVE_citylights.cfg, SVE_clouds.cfg, and SVE_joolrings.cfg, but no SVE_settings.cfg.

1 hour ago, Starfire70 said:

Where is this fabled SVE_settings.cfg which is spoken of?

I can't find it anywhere in my gamedata and I redownloaded SVE to be sure I wasn't missing anything and I don't see it in there either.

In GameData/StockVisualEnhancements I have an SVE_Configs folder, and in there is SVE_citylights.cfg, SVE_clouds.cfg, and SVE_joolrings.cfg, but no SVE_settings.cfg.

SVE_Settings was ripped into those multiple cfgs you see now so it would be easier to find what you need.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

SVE_Settings was ripped into those multiple cfgs you see now so it would be easier to find what you need.

Oh right, I see it's in the sun.cfg file in the Sun folder in there. Fantastic, I have my old sunflare back, thanks.

However when the sun is setting or partly blocked, it's HUGE. Any way to make it smaller, like half the size?

another noob here, having trouble getting the sunflares to work since i installed GPP and SVE, ive looked though this thread and couldnt see how to fix my problem, if i missed it i apologise,  ive added the textures to all of the scatterer sunflar folders in GPP (GPP wiki), SVE and normal scatterer also added them one at a time etcc but i cant seem to get it working. i can get it working without GPP and SVE

6 minutes ago, Turdsandwitch said:

another noob here, having trouble getting the sunflares to work since i installed GPP and SVE, ive looked though this thread and couldnt see how to fix my problem, if i missed it i apologise,  ive added the textures to all of the scatterer sunflar folders in GPP (GPP wiki), SVE and normal scatterer also added them one at a time etcc but i cant seem to get it working. i can get it working without GPP and SVE

You can't use SVE and GPP. SVE is for the stock system. It says this in the install instructions. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HERE'S AN UPDATE:

Quality over quantity.

My last update for this was rushed and awful, to be honest. I decided to slow down my production and focus on the quality of these new sun flares.

This version includes:

• 3 brand new sun flares, with red, white, and blue variations. So, really there are 9 new sun flares.
  • Every sun flare includes immersive dust particles on the lenses. Not sure if its possible, but it looks cool.
  • The sun flares are now individually packaged to cut down on download size tremendously.
  • The sun flares no longer overwrite Scatterer's default textures, instead everything is implemented through Module Manager.

TO INSTALL:

• Download and install Scatterer
  • Drop the GSF folder into your GameData folder

DOWNLOAD

This is likely my last update for this mod. Between the 4 releases of this mod (roughly 40 sun flares), you should be able to find one you like. I will maintain them of course as scatterer updates, but I doubt I'll get back into creating more. Plus, @JadeOfMaar just recently released his pack and it's really good. So, if you can't find what you want here, go give his pack a look here:

Edited by Galileo

My graphics card took a dump on me tonight :/ I'm not sure how long I'll be off line as I'll have to save up a little dough to get a new one. (I'll also need to convince the old lady). This is pretty poor timing as I am in the middle of purchasing a new home and finding new furniture. I just started getting back into modding ksp too. Well, hope to be back full strength sooner than later. I'll still be on the forums like always, but modding will have to be put on hold. Such is life.

KSP 1.2.2 on Linux Mint.

GSF 1.8.0 didn't work as is on my installation - flare and spikes didn't load.

Needed to rename SunFlare.png and SunSpikes.png to sunFlare.png and sunSpikes.png, respectively. I'm not sure if this issue stems from the old KSP version or Linux having a case-sensitive filesystem.

Aside from this minor inconvenience, great art, thanks @Galileo!

47 minutes ago, Pand5461 said:

KSP 1.2.2 on Linux Mint.

GSF 1.8.0 didn't work as is on my installation - flare and spikes didn't load.

Needed to rename SunFlare.png and SunSpikes.png to sunFlare.png and sunSpikes.png, respectively. I'm not sure if this issue stems from the old KSP version or Linux having a case-sensitive filesystem.

Aside from this minor inconvenience, great art, thanks @Galileo!

Oh I'm sorry, that's my bad. I didn't even think about it. I'll fix it this evening.

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

More Quality

This version includes:

• Fixed the vertical stripes when looking away from sun flares

TO INSTALL:

• Download and install Scatterer
  • Drop the GSF folder into your GameData folder

DOWNLOAD

I know I said the previous update would likely be my last, but that would be in a perfect world. Here is an update that fixes the annoying vertical striping when looking away from the sun flares. 

Edited by Galileo

Ok, Looks like I may have uploaded the wrong files as the lines persist. I will push the correct files this evening when I get home, sorry everyone. I really fail at not updating lol

Edited by Galileo

On 19.08.2017 at 11:19 AM, Galileo said:

Ok, for real, no more stripes!

I'm afraid, that is not quite correct :) I use the latest scatterer build (0.0320b) and the latest version of flares (tried with red and blue grand) and still get vertical stripes in some angles, like on this screenshot.

utBAK7K.png

And yes, no matter, thank you again, those flares are awesome :)

Edited by Shnyrik

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for posting what might be a stupid question but I'm not too clued up on all of this! I had to uninstall KSP recently and decided to get the latest versions of all my old mods. However, I cannot get Kerbol to look the same as it used to? The one in "map" view is the Kerbol I have now, and as you can see in the first picture it used to be a lot smaller? Any ideas as to how I can get that back? Thanks in advanced!

Edit: I have installed the latest scatterer and dropped the GSF folder into my GameData folder.A572F3A36EBBD5AB387367E210F1AB1AFA66FB60

D4D3A68686096330E559656101EF363381077EC5

Edited by SilentHash
Extra info

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tallon43 said:

How does one install this sunflare? -- I have GPP installed and it said to download the fusion one.

GPP comes with its own version of a fusion sun flare. These are for the stock system. All you have to do is install scatterer and you will have the sun flare in GPP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.