Update as patch file

So 1.1.2 is out, great. Where's the patch file to download this update?

FYI, downloading a gigabyte file takes several hours on my connection (and short of satellite, it's the best available at my address). And mysteriously the 1.1.2 download is double the size for windows vs any other platform.

1 hour ago, scy said:

So 1.1.2 is out, great. Where's the patch file to download this update?

We've been waiting nearly a year now for the non-steam patcher to be fixed. Squad have necroed it recently (though it appears no updates to the code have taken place), so feel free to try it out (hint: "update" button in the launcher)... But make a backup first, as it has botched two 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 updates for me.

Personally, I've just shifted from waiting for it to be fixed to waiting for it to be fixed properly, and tested.

downloading a gigabyte file takes several hours on my connection

While mine is not quite that slow, I hear you on the needless waste of bandwidth. :huh:

--- ed.

I just ran the patcher against my working copy of 1.1.2... results in a corrupted install and game fails to start.

@SQUAD: Please fix the patcher. Rsync reports all files synchronised succesfully (and it shouldn't have synced any files, this is already 1.1.2) so I suspect that whatever is is synchronising with is not what it seems. I will report a proper bug, with logs, file checksums etc. on the condition that I get a reply to this. I am getting tired of bugs.

Edited by steve_v

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.