Anyone still in 1.0.5

The Space Dino

I'm still playing 0.25 because I have ongoing saves. I'm still waiting for 1.1.x (or 1.2.x) to be stable. I played with 0.90 and 1.0.5 a bit on my work computer, but it doesn't add much to the game that I can't mod in to an older version.

I'm still playing 1.0.5 as well. Like the others in this thread, i'm waiting for updated mods, a solution to the unusable wheels and more stability in general. The speed increase and 64 bits support in 1.1.x are wonderful but not enough to make the instability acceptable.

Actually I am using both... My main work horse is still 1.0.5 since there I have all the mods I use (or rather should I say mean to use or which I believe I need... :blush:). Am testing stuff in 1.1.2 and once I got all the mods there (mostly missing  @Nertea's mods and the official release of @Ven's Stock Part Revamp), then I'll switch over and dump 1.0.5 for good.

Having said that, my initial impressions of 1.1.2 are okay'ish, performance is outstanding, but as many have mentioned, it still seems a bit, shall I say, unrefined....

I am guessing, we'll see another update around the corner in a couple of months at the latest... :wink:

Regards,

Sebastian

I tried 1.1.1, but it was so terrible I immediately went back to 1.0.5.  1.1 is just so ugly; the UI is badly resized (some of which is fixable in the flight view, but not in the VAB as far as I know), and the subpixel alignment of fonts is terrible (specifically in the mission time readout and the speedometer above the navball).  Because of those issues, I never got far enough to play with the wheels and landing legs much, but my initial experiments showed that they're completely broken.  I also keep hearing my friends decry the stability of the new version.  I'll try 1.1 again when those issues are fixed.

I just wish some of the actual improvements (are adaptive contracts any good?) would be backported to the stable version.

3 hours ago, Arsonide said:

How? :)

Well, having a direct control over the destination would be nice (ex. Duna vs Minmus), and I suspect that they're a bit non-specific (ex. I absolutely loathe the "return with space junk" or "rescue and return with space junk" claw missions, but I like the "rescue from orbit/surface" missions, even if they are kinda weird thematically.  The moment I unlock the claw, I get bombarded with the rescue and return missions, since I almost always take every rescue mission, and they seem to be considered the same).  Also there's a bit of "fighting the last war" going on there - I'm rather lukewarm about tourist and part testing missions, but they're amongst the first to show up in a new career, so I do take a lot of 'em, not because I want to do them specifically, but just to get the funds rolling, and it takes a while for 'em to stop showing up all the time.

I'd like to see the station/base building stuff expanded too - I think we're missing opportunities there, especially for smaller expansions.  Of course a lot of that would be even more cool with a stockified KIS/KAS system, but that's a completely different issue.  The existing missions are nice (and contributes to an 'alive' feeling of the universe) but it always seems to involve fairly hefty expansions.  Adding a handful of science doodads or such to a station/base would be nice, or perhaps something simulating an inter-station/base ferry like a small dockable craft or rover..

(Also if you see whoever put the Sr. Docking Port in T9, give them a swift kick in the butt for me, would you?)

(Don't get me wrong, I like what we have currently, and it's constantly getting better, but I just think it could do with some filling out before being called "1.0"/release)

I have 1.05 and 1.1 installed. I use the 1.05 mostly to design aircraft because at the moment the mods (KAX, Phantom Works, Adjustable landing gear  and firespitter) are not 100 percent compatible with 1.1, whereas I use 1.1 to mostly design spacecraft.

I was back in 1.0.5 yesterday... arrrghh, it's amazing that I used to put up with that 32-bit piece of junk crashing every 20 minutes or so because of hitting the program's memory limit. So frustrating. And the reduced graphic settings required to keep the program from crashing even that often are ugly.

Finally getting to play in 64-bit with full graphics quality makes 1.1.2 a sooooo much nicer experience. But my exploration missions are so heavily dependent on rovers and planes that the terrible wheels/landing gear bugs in 1.1.2 make it difficult to do anything serious.

I still have an ongoing Jool-5 mission which uses rovers for the Tylo and Vall landers, as well as a rover in Dres I need to rescue, so I won't be updating until I can erase those rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on 1.0.5 as well. I've downloaded 1.1.2 and looked at it briefly, but I test software for a living. I have no intention of doing it for free on my own time. I'll let other people find the bugs. When the consensus here seems to be that it's stable, I'll make the switch. (1.0.5 has never crashed on me.)

I do have a question about updating. (I'm not on Steam.) In the past, when I've started the Launcher, it briefly went through this "updating Patcher" thing, but really fast. Now, since 1.1 came out, it goes through this slow Patcher download. It takes a couple of minutes before it's done and I can click on PLAY.

What I want to know is, what happens if I click the UPDATE button? Does it do an automatic update to my current 1.0.5 install? Or does it prompt me to pick where I want the update to go (so I don't have to overwrite my 1.0.5 install)? And why does it have to go through this slow download every time I start up?

Like I said, I downloaded 1.1.2 already - I downloaded the .zip from the store and unpacked it in its own folder. I'd just like to know what Patcher is doing, what updating from the Launcher does, and what's the preferred was, in general, to update this game?

Thanks.

Well, I should have waited, 1.1 came out before i went on vacation, and I figured mods would have updated by the time I got back... not the case.

So... anyone running 1.05 want to use kittopia's exporter function for me to make a proper map view for my ~1/10th scale mars +ocean+thicker atmosphere+ at kerbin L4 point planet mod?

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What I want to know is, what happens if I click the UPDATE button?

If you click the Update button ( as I have tried ), It opens KSP Patcher, but unfortunately KSP Patcher does not work at all, which is supposed to update KSP.

Here is the developer's post.

On 04/05/2016 at 2:39 PM, Navy2k said:

I'm still on 1.0.5

Because RO/RP0 still need some time. But don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to the day :D

This is where I am at also.  Apart from the fact that I wen on holiday just after release and I'm still there, I have been keeping a lazy eye on mod updating and occasionally connecting to my PC and checking what has appeared on CKAN. RSS is out, RVE is getting there and a lot of the RO mods although not all the ones I need to transfer my save game yet.

Really looking forward to different reasons for my game crashing than memory issues...

Really really looking forward to the day, like I remember windows having when they moved to a NT core, where there are no crashes for days and no need to reboot every hour or two. 

If that is the case with 1.1.x that would be great.

7 minutes ago, John FX said:

This is where I am at also.  Apart from the fact that I wen on holiday just after release and I'm still there, I have been keeping a lazy eye on mod updating and occasionally connecting to my PC and checking what has appeared on CKAN. RSS is out, RVE is getting there and a lot of the RO mods although not all the ones I need to transfer my save game yet.

Really looking forward to different reasons for my game crashing than memory issues...

Really really looking forward to the day, like I remember windows having when they moved to a NT core, where there are no crashes for days and no need to reboot every hour or two. 

If that is the case with 1.1.x that would be great.

While RVE isn't 1.1.x yet, the old linux version works perfectly on 1.1.2 (windows) 64bit if you just follow the advice(s) on the last few pages in the RVE thread.

Just thought I'd mention it if you're waiting for a new RVE version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.