Anyone still in 1.0.5

The Space Dino

23 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I still have my 1.0.5 game folder saved as a back up.

I mostly used it for testing performance vs. 1.1 but other than that, no I don't ever actually play that version anymore.

Out of curiosity, why do you still play 1.0.5?

Rocket In My Pocket: Because I'm still finding out ways to update it......

(As you may know Squad Patcher does not work)

Edited by The Space Dino

My copy is stuck on pre-release.  I have to decide if I want to go back to my career on 1.0.5 (because what I was doing won't work in 1.1.x) or dump it.  I'll probably dump it (and start over?) for the same reason I haven't done anything for months with it: I was stuck doing an incredibly pointless science spam that included multiple science stations and took vastly too much work just to start to get returns.

The science labs appear to have been fixed in 1.1

5 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

My main game is a 1.0.4 modded install.

1.1.2 seems all right, but I'll wait for the Unity 5 wrinkles to be ironed out.

My main save is still 1.0.4 with mods as well.  I've got some interplanetary missions in transit, all of which have landers and rovers that use tweakscaled landing legs and wheels.  I'm not going to risk bringing them into 1.1.X, they'll probably all explode on landing.  Plus the rovers and an Eve nuke jet use the pre-1.0.5 version of the Mk1 cockpit, and I certainly don't want that getting changed. I have Necrobones' Discontinued Parts mod, but that doesn't help me with in-progress missions.

So I'm just messing around in 1.1.X, but not doing anything serious until it gets fixed up.

I've heard that 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 have problems with lander legs (which I use all the time) and 1.1.2 has a bug disallowing the renaming of vessels from the tracking station (which I use all the time), so I'm still using 1.0.5 until that all gets fixed.

Unless I'm making something with over 150 parts, I'll stick with 1.0.5. This being said, I'll test it in 1.1.2 if I plan on releasing it at some point, just to make sure that it's compatible for the majority of people. For career mode, I do solely stick with my 1.0.5 save though, at least for now, just because I can't get TextureReplacer working for the Kerbal faces and I like having a diverse crew.

You couldn't DRAG me back away from the RCS, performance, and UI improvements.  1.0.5 can die in a fire - it has no BTSM (that's 1.0.4) and is chug-city.

On the other hand, I really do think we should still be in Pre-Release mode for 1.1 right now.  It was definitely premature.  I'm currently building my landers without legs as they experience phantom forces (significant ones) at certain times if they have legs.  Engine bells and cubic octag feet for teh win!

(also I liked Pre-Release, aside from the delivery platform goof-up)

1 hour ago, AbacusWizard said:

I've heard that 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 have problems with lander legs (which I use all the time) and 1.1.2 has a bug disallowing the renaming of vessels from the tracking station (which I use all the time), so I'm still using 1.0.5 until that all gets fixed.

These parts are true.  You can, however, rename craft in the save file via some judicious save editing.  Also, flags can still be renamed via the tracking center (as well as EVA kerbals).

I am in a quasi-state of playing KSP at the moment. Due to OSX difficulties for 1.1 I am stuck fiddling around here or there in 1.1 sandbox, yet finding myself loading into 1.0.5 to just look at my stations but not actually build. It feels like I'm doing something but nothing is actually getting done. 

14 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

On the other hand, I really do think we should still be in Pre-Release mode for 1.1 right now.  It was definitely premature.  I'm currently building my landers without legs as they experience phantom forces (significant ones) at certain times if they have legs.  Engine bells and cubic octag feet for teh win!

Hell no. I, sir, respectfully disagree.

This should be the pre-release mode for 1.0. I think that "0.92.2" would have made an excellent version number. I'm even willing to go as far as 0.99.2 with the understanding that there are going to be five or six more "third digit" releases to get the bugs out.

I will vigorously defend Squad's decision to release this version—as you mentioned, its performance is so much better, and aside from the bugs it’s clearly a leap forward. But ONE point ONE? Meneer, U schertst! (“Sir, you are jesting”). The next two digit release—once it’s stable—will be the true 1.0 release in my eyes.

Edited by Kerbart

10 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

I am curious to ask , does anyone here in the forums still play KSP v1.0.5?

<raises hand>

10 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

why do you still play 1.0.5?

Ongoing career with lots of live flights/missions/stations, I was actually having loads of fun with pure stock SPH craft for the first time in my KSP years, and I'm unwilling to sacrifice all that to the 1.1.x patch/hotfix sequence. Waiting for the definitive 1.1.5 to even attempt an import of select bits and pieces or start a for-real-now career.

Same reason I also still have a fully modded 1.0.4 career going, which took a lot of fine-tuning effort to get everything working nice together (including a very hush hush doubling of bits).

I am still completing some nifty sat constellations, a couple of stations/bases, and some multi-year missions in a somewhat modded 1.0.2 too.

But I did finally archive all the older ones. That's progress, yes? :D

Hi everyone. My name is swjr-swis, and it's been 76 days since I last touched a pre-1.0 KSP install.

(please disregard Discontinued Parts, Historical Institute, and a few allegedly-incompatible and hand-resurrected mods running in my 1.0.2/1.0.4 installs... it means nothing :blush:)

Just now, Kerbart said:

Hell no. I, sir, respectfully disagree.

I respectfully agree with your disagreement; what you said below makes plenty of sense.

Just now, Kerbart said:

This should be the pre-release mode for 1.0. I think that "0.92.2" would have made an excellent version number. I'm even willing to go as far as 0.99.2 with the understanding that there are going to be five or six more "third digit" releases to get the bugs out.

My internal version number for this is approximately 0.28.2 heh :)  To me, we're still in Early Access/alpha. 

Just now, Kerbart said:

I will vigorously defend Squad's decision to release this version—as you mentioned, its performance is so much better, and aside from the bugs its clearly a leap forward. But ONE point ONE? Meneer, U schertst! (“Sir, you are jesting”). The next two digit release—once it’s stable—will be the true 1.0 release in my eyes.

Er, you mean what Squad will call 1.2?  I'd just call that 0.29 personally, unless there's a lot more refinement.  There's quite a few things missing in my opinion.  The parts seem like there's some holes in the list (plus a lot of costs feel like placeholders still), the system feels kinda..unfinished to me, and lacking in detail.  I think the adaptive contracts could be greatly enhanced, and the science tree is just .. insane.  I could go on, but it would turn into a wall of text of terrifying degree.

3 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

My internal version number for this is approximately 0.28.2 heh :)  To me, we're still in Early Access/alpha. 

I'd say it certainly feels like we're coming up on beta now.  1.1 was a big step in that direction in my humble opinion.

I pretty much agree with all you say, though.

Edited by klgraham1013

11 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

I am curious to ask , does anyone here in the forums still play KSP v1.0.5?

(Because I play KSP v1.0.5)

I haven't gotten around to upgrading; plus I want to improve my KOS scripts, and I've got a reliable baseline in a 1.0.5 setup.

12 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

My internal version number for this is approximately 0.28.2 heh :)  To me, we're still in Early Access/alpha. 

the unity update justifies a jump from 0.2x to 0.3x. so, how about 0.30.2 for the recent version.

5 hours ago, Laguna said:

My main save is still 1.0.4 with mods as well.  I've got some interplanetary missions in transit, all of which have landers and rovers that use tweakscaled landing legs and wheels.  I'm not going to risk bringing them into 1.1.X, they'll probably all explode on landing.  Plus the rovers and an Eve nuke jet use the pre-1.0.5 version of the Mk1 cockpit, and I certainly don't want that getting changed. I have Necrobones' Discontinued Parts mod, but that doesn't help me with in-progress missions.

So I'm just messing around in 1.1.X, but not doing anything serious until it gets fixed up.

I had the same problem with my Long-term Laythe and Developing Duna missions (lots of ships used the old Mk1 cockpit and would not work with the new Mk1 cockpit because of the repositioned hatch). I used the Kerbal Historical Institute mod to get the necessary files for the old Mk1 cockpit (and interior views), then I did a Find & Replace in my Save game sf file to replace all occurrences of the old Mk1 part name with the slightly different name for the old Mk1 cockpit from the mod (this was all tested on a COPY of my old save file, of course). Then all my ships in flight got to keep their old cockpits, and I can build new ships with either the new Mk1 or the old Mk1.

The Kerbal Historical Institute mod has lots of old parts...but I only installed the Mk1 cockpit.

Edited by Brotoro

18 minutes ago, MircoMars said:

the unity update justifies a jump from 0.2x to 0.3x. so, how about 0.30.2 for the recent version.

There were prior unity updates that didn't involve any big jumps though.  Unity 4 was introduced with KSP 0.18 for example, updating from 0.17...

That goes against my own preferences too, but, well.. Squad decided to let that pass unmarked.  However, if I did mark such changes, it's the next number up that would be updated, I wouldn't skip numbers in sequence.  ie, that would be more like 3.8.2 becoming 4.0.0 instead of 3.12.0.

Edited by Renegrade

6 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

I had the same problem with my Long-term Laythe and Developing Duna missions (lots of ships used the old Mk1 cockpit and would not work with the new Mk1 cockpit because of the repositioned hatch). I used the Kerbal Historical mod to get the necessary files for the old Mk1 cockpit (and interior views), then I did a Find & Replace in my Save game sf file to replace all occurrences of the old Mk1 part name with the slightly different name for the old Mk1 cockpit from the mod (this was all tested on a COPY of my old save file, of course). Then all my ships in flight got to keep their old cockpits, and I can build new ships with either the new Mk1 or the old Mk1.

Thank you, and I also just realized doing the same thing due to someone else mentioning editing the save file.  I might even make customized versions of the legs and wheels that were used, with much higher strength to make sure they don't break or explode in 1.1.X.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.