I HATE Career Mode in v1.1.1!

TimKerbin

On 04/05/2016 at 1:12 PM, TimKerbin said:

How am I suppose to do anything when even the damn radial
decouplers don't work properly? They detach on their own leaving behind the empty tanks they
were attached to! I've checked 3 damn times in the VAB to see that the tanks are aligned
correctly on the decouplers, and they are. So if it's aerodynamics doing this, why do they
detach on their own and leave the boosters? Is that my fault, or the game's? I haven't a clue,
and it's annoying as hell. This game has gone from fun and exciting, to damn right
aggravating.

i have seen the same thing often and figured out, that it is not a good idea to change the staging after you put the machine on the lunchpad.. it seems that these moved/changed/touched decouplers magically duplicate themselfs without any visual proof of evidence and if you staging them it looks like they doing their thing in the air and leaving the booster/tank behind..

if this happend, an immediate "hit the spacebar" again should decouple them as intended

of course this shall not be the overall solution at all, just a small workaround for the time until this is finally fixed, i am not totally sure that this is a real bug, because i cant believe that i am the only one who recognized that, but maybe i am wrong nad better i put it on the bug section too

maybe this will help deaggravating it a little bit for you

Edited by diggzakk

I haven't played KSP in several months (and coincidentally got the itch again just in time for 1.1).  I'm not having any problems.  I'm actually enjoying the non-pea soup atmosphere.  I would suggest to the OP to play through the tutorials.  I did, even though I've been playing off and on for two or three years, just to see how they were different and I actually learned a lot.  (I love when Werner Von Kerman said something like "Kerbals in days of yore went up as fast as they could as if the atmosphere was pea soup". That was worth playing through the tutorials alone.)  Hate is a strong word.  I'm disappointed that contracts are kinda lame, and the major milestones disappear if you don't watch it, but that's a minor complaint and it's always been that way since they added contracts.  I don't play in sandbox, but when I play career I crank everything good all the way up and every thing bad all the way down. Someone else said they set there own goals that are harder than contracts, and I do the same.  At the same time I do agree that I play to unwind and I don't want to spend 9 hours trying to dock or land, but there are ways around that *cough MechJeb cough*.  Use it when you just want to relax and have fun, don't use it when you feel like doing it 'manually'.  I also am a big fan of space travel history, so I do play on sandbox mode to 'simulate' the space race from V2s all the way up.  I intended to get a PhD in astrophysics or astronomy, and was well on my way when some serious family things and life got in the way.  I think someone with very limited science can still play KSP fairly easily.  I've not had problems with radial decouplers.  And I only downloaded the updated MechJeb when it was time to land without atmosphere or dock, because I get frustrated doing those things.  I am having frequent game crashes when I decouple (non-radial) or EVA but a mod said this wasn't the thread.  Other than that, I'm not having any more difficulty than when I started at .2 something.  The physics have changed, sure, and you need to unlearn bad habits, but I actually like the new physics.

If you are saying you HATE something, maybe it's time to take a break.  Or use mods.  Oddly enough the first mod I updated was chatterer I just can't play without hearing Quindar tones.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.