1.1 is seriously bugged, but comes it as a surprise...

Temeter

That proposed worst case scenario seems too absurd for a worse case scenario.

I took a look at the thing and while those names are unknown to me, the guy has a few valid stuff like releasing too soon, but really, most of it can't be corroborated and probably won't be. Honestly, without further evidence, it looks like it might just be a rant off.

Just now, smjjames said:

Honestly, without further evidence

Again, if you have "further evidence", what are you going to do?  Rant some more?  Write some angry articles?

Squad has already made oodles of fat lucre off of KSP and some bad press based off a three years old grudge corroborated by current employees saying "things have gotten better" isn't going to kill future console profits.

Seriously, what's the killer plan?

9 minutes ago, regex said:

Again, if you have "further evidence", what are you going to do?  Rant some more?  Write some angry articles?

Squad has already made oodles of fat lucre off of KSP and some bad press based off a three years old grudge corroborated by current employees saying "things have gotten better" isn't going to kill future console profits.

For me, there's no "plan". I would just modify my own buying behavior and what I recommended to others - if it turned out Squad ate babies or whatever. Anyone proposing  some "plan" past their personal one is delusional. Or a politician. Largely the same thing.

also - just to reiterate - this could well be pure BS and it's awfully early to be designing your Official Response Plan with Optional Outrage or Ironic Cynicism (pat. pend.)

Some of you recommends delaying the release. Honestly, do you honestly think that delaying release, increasing QA will prevent bugs?

Bugs will be there, as always. There is no bug free game, there wont be. Good thing is we still have 1.05 for those who thinks it's less buggy (imo it's same game with less performance) or 1.1 for those who dont care some bugs.

As for the original thread, Humankind for you.

1 minute ago, Gojira1000 said:

For me, there's no "plan". I would just modify my own buying behavior and what I recommended to others - if it turned out Squad ate babies or whatever. Anyone proposing  some "plan" past their personal one is delusional. Or a politician. Largely the same thing.

also - just to reiterate - this could well be pure BS and it's awfully early to be designing your Official Response Plan with Optional Outrage or Ironic Cynicism (pat. pend.)

I think @regex's point is mostly a 'so what, what does it change?' Everybody here pretty much has long ago bought the game, even if some small fraction of those who bought it recently are eligible for refunds, will they care enough about the plight of some stranger they've never met who had a bad experience three years ago to get a refund? Before Squad had their information hidden on SteamSpy records indicated that KSP had sold over a million units on Steam alone. On. Steam. Alone. Even if Squad were to be forced to suspend all sales of KSP everywhere as a result of this, they've taken in massive sums of money and can likely happily go on their way. So, what's the plan if these allegations all come out as the true state of affairs at Squad? At this point KSP is such a massive success that it would take a herculean effort and widespread media cooperation to have any kind of meaningful success at harming KSP's future sales. Like @regex said, what are people going to do, stop accepting the free support and updates to the game?

Just now, Fallarnon said:

I think @regex's point is mostly a 'so what, what does it change?' Everybody here pretty much has long ago bought the game, even if some small fraction of those who bought it recently are eligible for refunds, will they care enough about the plight of some stranger they've never met who had a bad experience three years ago to get a refund? Before Squad had their information hidden on SteamSpy records indicated that KSP had sold over a million units on Steam alone. On. Steam. Alone. Even if Squad were to be forced to suspend all sales of KSP everywhere as a result of this, they've taken in massive sums of money and can likely happily go on their way. So, what's the plan if these allegations all come out as the true state of affairs at Squad? At this point KSP is such a massive success that it would take a herculean effort and widespread media cooperation to have any kind of meaningful success at harming KSP's future sales. Like @regex said, what are people going to do, stop accepting the free support and updates to the game?

That would be a question people would have to answer as individuals. Assuming @Regex's posited "worst possible outcome" - again, we're in the land of hearsay and drama so I wouldn't be in any hurry to adopt a position pro or con.

2 minutes ago, Fallarnon said:

Not to mention that the story has been corroborated by current employees literally saying "things are better", so I'm not sure what people are trying to change here.  Are you trying to make Squad treat and pay people better while current employees are saying things are better?

Okay then.

Basically this is nothing more than a rant thread about how evil Squad are as a company because they "can't seem to get anything right".

Just now, Gojira1000 said:

That would be a question people would have to answer as individuals. Assuming @Regex's posited "worst possible outcome" - again, we're in the land of hearsay and drama so I wouldn't be in any hurry to adopt a position pro or con.

@regex seems to be asking for those individual answers from where I sit.

Its all pretty pointless. This is my solution to the problem, all those who think Squad has turned to the dark side stop playing KSP, erase it of you HDD and say no more about it, and continue to believe the ramblings of some guy on 4chan.

I will continue to play KSP as I don't have any axe to grind with Squad and am extremely happy with KSP 1.1.2 and eagerly await more updates and improvements. Thank you Squad.

I read the reddit post and I am really happy!

You see, when one asks himself, whom would it profit most to post this piece of black PR (regardless how realistic this is)... the next one who comes is .... Squad themselves. To have an excuse to abandon and cut the rope. Thats a fairly realistic route. But no, I see this guy compaining since 2013. Good, good. Of course not good at all for the hard working underpaid devs, I really hope Squad switches to the bright side. But its so good to know that nothing prevents Squad from moving on.

1 hour ago, regex said:

Not to mention that the story has been corroborated by current employees literally saying "things are better"

One employee, who was speaking anonymously. For some reason, I'd sooner take stock in the past devs that outed themselves and publicly corroborated what was said.

2 hours ago, regex said:

It's a fact that bad press kills sales. Attempting to say otherwise is dishonest. If the case is that Squad was overworking employees, and firing competent staff that they overworked to the point of exhaustion, that means that they were overworking for a sub-par product. Does that mean I uninstall the game?

No.

It means that I mention to everybody that you shouldn't support the console release which will see Squad's unethical choices rewarded. It means I encourage everybody who shares the same stance as myself to do the same.

Does that mean my voice on it's own will do anything? No. But if a number of people are willing to say something, and don't allow themselves to be distracted by the shiny keys Squad are trying to dangle with that press release, there stands a chance that buyers will avoid rewarding poor employment practices.

39 minutes ago, Fallarnon said:

Something just occurred to me that I don't think has been pointed out yet.

If Squad doesn't care about their workers' well being why have they all gone on a two week vacation?

Because if they're completely burnt out, you can't get any work out of them, no matter how hard you swing the whip.

1 hour ago, Fallarnon said:

If Squad doesn't care about their workers' well being why have they all gone on a two week vacation?

Or how another employee left for a few days off during the pre-release?  Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that things have gotten better.  Seems that "cracking the whip" isn't entirely accurate, just dumb "crunch" management.

7 hours ago, regex said:

I still want to know what everyone is going to do if this is a worst-case scenario.  You all going to stop accepting free updates for your favorite game what you've been complaining about forever?  Gonna throw up a few torrents to reinforce the 4Chan marching orders?  Write some articles to help "damage Squad"?

Might as well face the facts that this is pretty much just drama for drama's sake based on a three-year old grudge.

It matters the same way that someone being an [censored]* in general matters. That line of thought applied elsewhere would invalidate a vast majority of civil and legal law.

I'll stop supporting Squad's current and future products, work to spread the information regarding their malfeasance, lend and support I can to hypothetical litigation if there was actual legal wrongdoing involved, and encourage those around me to do the same.

Edited by Stargate525
Hahah good job auto-edit; there is no war in Eastasia.

4 hours ago, m-theory said:

I like shiny keys

Me too. Just look at these gorgeous, absolutely fantastic keys:

klucze_52.jpg

God, I can feel their metallic taste already. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

By the way, I'll also stop supporting SQUAD, as in, stop promoting them or telling people to buy their stuff. Doesn't mean I will uninstall the game, though, since I already paid for it.

Edited by Guest
MMMMM KEYS

3 hours ago, Fallarnon said:

That depends on your definition of "vacation".  It may be relaxing for those on salary, but for those paid by the hour or who are contractors "vacation" may seem more like "lay off" if they aren't getting paid.  It is not normal for an entire organization to take time off.    Those left behind to keep the lights on, for them having everyone else gone is probably not very relaxing.  And at a small tech company, having the bosses disappear for even a few days makes everyone nervous.  Big decisions are made while away, decisions that might affect those who didn't take time off.

1 hour ago, regex said:

Man, people are seriously reaching for any reason to hate on Squad.  Suppose it goes with the territory...

Squad could threaten to sell to E.A. or Microsoft, that would put them in line.

(I miss Lionhead already :( )

12 hours ago, regex said:

Not to mention that the story has been corroborated by current employees literally saying "things are better",

Which means things were worse in the past, which corroborates  exactly what some former employees are complaining about, even though the founders essentially say that those are lying.

6 hours ago, Stargate525 said:

I'll stop supporting Squad's current and future products, work to spread the information regarding their malfeasance, lend and support I can to hypothetical litigation if there was actual legal wrongdoing involved, and encourage those around me to do the same.

I do this since the "full release". With about one explorer page of mods the game might be worth $40, but SQUAD deserves at most five of them.

20 minutes ago, rkman said:

Which means things were worse in the past, which corroborates  exactly what some former employees are complaining about, even though the founders essentially say that those are lying.

So ... aren't you happy that Squad is changing their ways or is nothing going to be enough for you?

"There's no proof it was ever actually all that bad, just people saying things for unknown reasons. We can't know the truth and it doesn't affect us, so we shouldn't speculate"
"That's exactly what they WANT you to think."
"Current employees say it's getting better"
"So it was worse in the past! Gotcha!"
"They just took a 2 week vacation. Sounds pretty good to me."
"They just did that so they could screw over hourly employees and scare the rest into thinking they were on some kind hidden retreat where they decided whose life to ruin next!"

Okay Fox Mulder. You got me. You will believe no matter what.