[1.1.2] TAC - Life Support - Dev Thread

danfarnsy

On 5/22/2016 at 5:11 PM, danfarnsy said:

Really? That's... interesting.

OnSave, OnAwake, OnStart all log events in the log, yes. I'll agree that it's a bit cluttered, moreso depending on the text editor you use to view it.

I'm not convinced that logging is worse than not logging here, but I'm open to persuasive arguments.

After trying some different combinations of mods, I ran TACLS v0.12.1 along with Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.12 since it includes recyclers. After thorough testing, the logs do not get spammed and the mods are 100% stable (no crashing, even after 24 hours in the VAB) when using any TACLS modules, or even derivative modules such as the recyclers that are included in Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. But the moment you attach any of the TACLS native recyclers (such as the Water Purifier or Carbon Extractor) to any build in the VAB, even if you remove it afterward, it spams the log until the game crashes to desktop. (typically within an hour of being in the VAB)

Not sure exactly what's going on, but it does seem to be a bug that only affects the default recyclers, not with anything else.

Hope this helps. :)

You guys should add some sort of inflatable greenhouse where you can grow food. 1 Greenhouse in the sun 24/7 would be enough to support 1 Kerbal's food and oxygen demands, but would take water and electric charge.

36 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

You guys should add some sort of inflatable greenhouse where you can grow food. 1 Greenhouse in the sun 24/7 would be enough to support 1 Kerbal's food and oxygen demands, but would take water and electric charge.

The USI mods (other than USI Life support) have TACLS support and include some agroponics parts. There are other greenhouse models to which a Module ResourceConverter could be added. However, the implementation you suggest would not be sensible - it would permanently destroy water, with the greenhouse apparently producing dehydrated space food.

14 hours ago, DaMachinator said:

What mods can I use if I want to have a fully renewable base somewhere (or at least greatly increase the time between resupply missions)?

The USI mods have TACLS support and agroponics parts, as mentioned two posts above.

I'm having issues using TAC-LS and USI Mods (Specifically the MKV agricultural module and the OKS Agricultural module). KSP will not load in either 64 or 32 bit if both mods are installed simultaneously. Remove one or the other and KSP loads and operates just fine. I looked on the USI forums and saw other people were having this issue too, but no luck resolving it. Any ideas here?

Edit: Goldenpsp brought a fix to my attention! You have to update Kolonization core with this download:  https://github.com/BobPalmer/Kolonization/releases

Edited by cupcake

Can someone confirm what the oxygen consumption rate should be in a non-RSS (Kerbal days) game? I have a heavily modded install and for some reason Oxygen counts down like my Kerbal is doing wind sprints, while food and water consumption are normal. No logs to post (yet), as I want to check the obvious first.

Nevermind - I somehow managed to duplicate my profile doubling all my consumption rates. Error ID10T. :blush:

Thanks, and thank you danfarnsy for bringing my must-have LS mod up-to-date!

Edited by eightiesboi
I is stupid

Hey,

great to see TAC LifeSupport continued.

I made some pull requests for recycler rebalancing suggestions on github.

Basically normal recyclers (1.25m) adjusted for 3 kerbals and general masses lowered for recyclers to make them useful not only for space (kerbin orbital) stations.

@Yemo, thanks for the pull requests. I agree regarding the recycler weight logic. I suspect the original reasoning for the heavy weights was that TACLS resource consumption is pretty low (1/4th that of human consumption rates), so increased recycler weight has a way of balancing that out. But for a mod aiming for realism, it's better to be consistently realistic (without overly complicating it).

15 minutes ago, Booots said:

Oh hey! New textures! How did I only just notice that now? I like them! They look so much better! :)

Are there screenshots of these "new" textures?... I dont see anything in EITHER this, or the dev thread, OP... :(

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Are there screenshots of these "new" textures?... I dont see anything in EITHER this, or the dev thread, OP... :(

Point taken. This is, as the title says, the development thread. There is a release thread, which is where screenshots would be placed, if I had placed them. Perhaps I'll fix that sometime.

25 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Point taken. This is, as the title says, the development thread. There is a release thread, which is where screenshots would be placed, if I had placed them. Perhaps I'll fix that sometime.

Oops... Sorry... I meant to say nothing either THIS thread, or the release thread...lol

I was just wondering if the textures Booots was talking about were the TAC-LS Retextures, or maybe these, or... ???

• 2 weeks later...

@danfarnsy I posted this in the release thread, but I figure I should give you a heads-up here.  The TimeWarp.SetRate function has changed from two to three parameters;  LifeSupportController.cs needs to be changed in lines 530, 544, and 640. RemoteTech had success by setting the new third parameter to true.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 11:05 PM, edrobotguy said:

@danfarnsy I posted this in the release thread, but I figure I should give you a heads-up here.  The TimeWarp.SetRate function has changed from two to three parameters;  LifeSupportController.cs needs to be changed in lines 530, 544, and 640. RemoteTech had success by setting the new third parameter to true.

When I read this note before, for some reason I had only glanced over it and filed it under "issue has already been reported." I just recompiled with the new KSP targets, and I didn't note any issues after that. I also haven't been playing KSP much, so I didn't test this exhaustively, just enough to verify the Null Reference Exceptions were fixed and that the resource counter properly counted down. I didn't really check behavior/consumption under warping. Anybody seeing any issues with the current release?

17 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

When I read this note before, for some reason I had only glanced over it and filed it under "issue has already been reported." I just recompiled with the new KSP targets, and I didn't note any issues after that. I also haven't been playing KSP much, so I didn't test this exhaustively, just enough to verify the Null Reference Exceptions were fixed and that the resource counter properly counted down. I didn't really check behavior/consumption under warping. Anybody seeing any issues with the current release?

The current release got TACLS working properly again, but this might be an issue in the future; something to keep an eye on.

Help! Whenever I put this mod in the gamedata folder it says that I have installed incorrectly. Did anyone have this issue and fixed it plz tell me how. I downloaded the one for version 1.1.3

Edited by How to: KSP

3 hours ago, How to: KSP said:

Help! Whenever I put this mod in the gamedata folder it says that I have installed incorrectly. Did anyone have this issue and fixed it plz tell me how. I downloaded the one for version 1.1.3

There is a GameData folder inside the download. You need to move the contents of that to your own GameData folder. You cannot simply drop the download in the GameData folder and have it run correctly.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:37 AM, danfarnsy said:

... You cannot simply drop the download in the GameData folder and have it run correctly.

Really had to fight the urge to throw the old "one does not simply..." meme up here after that post.

I did a test to see if the recyclers work when the vessel isn't focused. They don't.

The vessel had: an Mk1 Command Pod with a kerbal in it, a Sabatier Recycler and a Water Purifier, a can of food for a year, and one of the nuclear power plants from the KSPI-E mod to provide constant power. I went to the Tracking Station and time warped for 4 days, meaning that the kerbal could only survive if the recyclers worked. I went back to the vessel, to find the kerbal dead and the oxygen and water supplies empty. The Sabatier recycler and the water purifier started up as soon as the vessel loaded, and started filling the supplies back up.