[1.10.x] EasyBoard v1.10 : Board key works as a toggle

Dizor

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

This is one of those mods I miss dearly every time there's a KSP update. Anyone have notions on how to rescue for 1.4*?

I just tried the mod in KSP 1.4.1 and 1.4.2. The functionality seems to still be working just fine - the B and F keys function as they're supposed to.

It does appear to throw a couple of NullReferenceExceptions, but nothing game-breaking. It seems like a simple recompile would be all that's needed to make this work perfectly under 1.4.x.

22 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

I just tried the mod in KSP 1.4.1 and 1.4.2. The functionality seems to still be working just fine - the B and F keys function as they're supposed to.

It does appear to throw a couple of NullReferenceExceptions, but nothing game-breaking. It seems like a simple recompile would be all that's needed to make this work perfectly under 1.4.x.

That's what I get for not doing more thorough testing --  One of these days I'll figure out the whole unity/compiling thing and become a productive member of this community :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

@JH4C I just went to KSP 1.5.1 (because of Kopernicus) and I just recognized that it does not work - at least it does not show the message it normally shows when pressing 'B' while on EVA ...

Scrap that - I was too far away from the pod (I had to do a test for another mod so went on EVA and was more than 2.5 km away from the pod)

It works.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does this work if the Kerbal is not the active vessel?  In other words, if  Kerbal runs out of monoprop while on EVA, can you switch to the vessel and pilot it to get the ladder within range?

I don't think so. A simple way to double-check would be to activate it, switch away from and back to the active Kerbal, and then press the activation button again to see if it gives you the start-up or cancellation feedback message.

ETA: Tested, as soon as you switch away from the Kerbal, any pending board action is cancelled. So no, as it stands this won't work in the manner you're asking.

Edited by JH4C
hypothesis tested

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does this work if the Kerbal is not the active vessel?  In other words, if  Kerbal runs out of monoprop while on EVA, can you switch to the vessel and pilot it to get the ladder within range?

2 hours ago, JH4C said:

I don't think so. A simple way to double-check would be to activate it, switch away from and back to the active Kerbal, and then press the activation button again to see if it gives you the start-up or cancellation feedback message.

ETA: Tested, as soon as you switch away from the Kerbal, any pending board action is cancelled. So no, as it stands this won't work in the manner you're asking.

I guess it's the good old fashioned "claw" retrieval, then. -- Or--- set the craft for a slow collision course with the kerbal, then switch back to them before contact, hitting B/F before it reaches them.

8 hours ago, taniwha said:

I've done ladder based EVA rescues (and @linuxgurugamer did one yesterday), but it's sometimes painful. While he was doing his rescue, I wondered if EB could make it easier. I might have to look into whether it's possible to make work.

Good luck.  I would tend to doubt it, because boarding involves a lot of steps, including destroying the active vessel (the Kerbal), making the boarded vessel the active vessel, etc.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New version (1.7) is released. Change log:
- Skipping debris and flags when you switching vessels with " [ " and " ] " keys.

Sometimes it is hard to switch to your near second vessel because of dozens of debris around.
But if you really need to switch to debris - hold Mod(Alt) key additionally.

P.S. I'm not sure if this feature is relevant to this mod, but I'm very lazy and don't want to create a new mod for this small feature.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 2:05 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

On 11/27/2018 at 10:38 AM, taniwha said:

I've done ladder based EVA rescues (and @linuxgurugamer did one yesterday), but it's sometimes painful. While he was doing his rescue, I wondered if EB could make it easier. I might have to look into whether it's possible to make work.

Sorry for huge delay guys. I was distracted with enhancing others mods, and was completely inattentive to my mods.

I have thoughts how to implement this. Will check if this works.

@linuxgurugamer, @taniwha,

New version 1.8.1 is released.

Updates:

1. Implemented non resettable independent kerbal intentions.

2. Fixed camera jump-away-effect when boarding vessel (it would be good to zoom out camera a little for large vessels, but i don't know how to do it).

3. Implemented the "herd instinct" (mass kerbals intentions). Hotkeys: RightCtrl+B and RightCtrl+F.

This update allows you to collect kerbals like this:

fKTeb8.gif

12 hours ago, Dizor said:

@linuxgurugamer, @taniwha,

New version 1.8.1 is released.

Updates:

1. Implemented non resettable independent kerbal intentions.

2. Fixed camera jump-away-effect when boarding vessel (it would be good to zoom out camera a little for large vessels, but i don't know how to do it).

3. Implemented the "herd instinct" (mass kerbals intentions). Hotkeys: RightCtrl+B and RightCtrl+F.

This update allows you to collect kerbals like this:

Incredibly simple feature but genuinely delighted to see someone add this to an 8 year old game. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Tallinu said:

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what does this mean?

means that once a kerbal makes up their mind that they want to board (intention) the will, even if they aren't the current focus - even if that means hitting them with a ladder or ship or rover... :o:o:o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.