[1.10.x] EasyBoard v1.10 : Board key works as a toggle

Dizor

Ah, thanks! I think the wording of "non-resettable" must be what confused me -- as in, "But why can't I reset it? How is that a good thing?" :D

I guess it really meant "non-resetting" as in "it doesn't get reset when you switch away from them." And the hotkey in #3 is just a way of setting more than one of them to do that en-masse.

4 hours ago, Tallinu said:

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what does this mean?

You can set the intention to board (B) or to grab a ladder (F) as usual, for example for Jeb, and then switch to another kerbal or vessel near to Jeb and do whatever you want. Jeb will remember what to do. The intention will only be reset when you reload the game scene (e.g. load saved game, or switch to another distant vessel on map).

On 8/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dizor said:

@linuxgurugamer, @taniwha,

New version 1.8.1 is released.

Updates:

1. Implemented non resettable independent kerbal intentions.

2. Fixed camera jump-away-effect when boarding vessel (it would be good to zoom out camera a little for large vessels, but i don't know how to do it).

3. Implemented the "herd instinct" (mass kerbals intentions). Hotkeys: RightCtrl+B and RightCtrl+F.

This update allows you to collect kerbals like this:

fKTeb8.gif

GASP! This is fantastic!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Dizor thanks for the update - the previous version worked on KSP 1.8.1 btw

But I have a question, perhaps you can lead me to a solution.

I'm just used to it that "grab to a ladder" does not work for me for a long time now. Several KSP generations tbh.
Literally, I'm used to it that grabbing a ladder is not safe enough.

Could it be that other mods like KJR or WorldStabilizer somehow interfere?

As soon as the Kerbal grabbed a ladder or a handrail, he/she/it does not stick to that position but slides "downwards" until he/she/it reaches the end of the ladder / handrail, then floats around (in space) or falls down (when landed).

No exception in the log at that time.

23 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Dizor thanks for the update - the previous version worked on KSP 1.8.1 btw

But I have a question, perhaps you can lead me to a solution.

I'm just used to it that "grab to a ladder" does not work for me for a long time now. Several KSP generations tbh.
Literally, I'm used to it that grabbing a ladder is not safe enough.

Could it be that other mods like KJR or WorldStabilizer somehow interfere?

As soon as the Kerbal grabbed a ladder or a handrail, he/she/it does not stick to that position but slides "downwards" until he/she/it reaches the end of the ladder / handrail, then floats around (in space) or falls down (when landed).

No exception in the log at that time.

This can happen in case your craft have some acceleration/deceleration, or it is just moving through atmosphere and wind tries to blow your kerbal off.

I did not used these mods KJR and WorldStabilizer. Obviously you can try to remove these mods temporary and see if problem gone.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @DizorThis mod looks brilliant. But I've been using ESDF keys for 25 years, since  DoomII. WASD seems illogical. 

For EVA I do: E forward, A turn left, S translate left, D back, F translate right, G turn right

So F would keep toggling auto-grab for me. 

I believe you would never want to activate both auto-grab and auto-board, so couldn't you just make the B key cycle through 3 modes: auto-grab, auto-board, neither?  

Or maybe make a tiny text config file in the gamedata\EasyBoard folder so we can assign them how we want? 

Thanks

PS I tried it... F still does normal movement for me; not auto-grab. Auto-board works great. That's really what I wanted anyway. 

PPS Oh... the auto-grab does work. I remapped T for "use/ grab" and the default  was F apparently.  Everyone kept referring to the specific B and F keys instead of the functions those keys do, so I assumed the keys were hard-coded. 

Edited by Krazy1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.