Dizor

[1.8.x] EasyBoard v1.8.2 : Board key works as a toggle

Ah, thanks! I think the wording of "non-resettable" must be what confused me -- as in, "But why can't I reset it? How is that a good thing?" :D

I guess it really meant "non-resetting" as in "it doesn't get reset when you switch away from them." And the hotkey in #3 is just a way of setting more than one of them to do that en-masse.

4 hours ago, Tallinu said:

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what does this mean?

You can set the intention to board (B) or to grab a ladder (F) as usual, for example for Jeb, and then switch to another kerbal or vessel near to Jeb and do whatever you want. Jeb will remember what to do. The intention will only be reset when you reload the game scene (e.g. load saved game, or switch to another distant vessel on map).

On 8/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dizor said:

@linuxgurugamer, @taniwha,

New version 1.8.1 is released.

Updates:

1. Implemented non resettable independent kerbal intentions.

2. Fixed camera jump-away-effect when boarding vessel (it would be good to zoom out camera a little for large vessels, but i don't know how to do it).

3. Implemented the "herd instinct" (mass kerbals intentions). Hotkeys: RightCtrl+B and RightCtrl+F.

This update allows you to collect kerbals like this:

fKTeb8.gif

GASP! This is fantastic!!!

Does this work fine in 1.8.x? It's a mod that you can't live without once you start using it.

43 minutes ago, Crimor said:

Does this work fine in 1.8.x? It's a mod that you can't live without once you start using it.

It's working -- / I'm using it. No idea if needs a recompile, etc. but you should be good to go! :)

@Dizor thanks for the update - the previous version worked on KSP 1.8.1 btw

But I have a question, perhaps you can lead me to a solution.

I'm just used to it that "grab to a ladder" does not work for me for a long time now. Several KSP generations tbh.
Literally, I'm used to it that grabbing a ladder is not safe enough.

Could it be that other mods like KJR or WorldStabilizer somehow interfere?

As soon as the Kerbal grabbed a ladder or a handrail, he/she/it does not stick to that position but slides "downwards" until he/she/it reaches the end of the ladder / handrail, then floats around (in space) or falls down (when landed).

No exception in the log at that time.

23 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Dizor thanks for the update - the previous version worked on KSP 1.8.1 btw

But I have a question, perhaps you can lead me to a solution.

I'm just used to it that "grab to a ladder" does not work for me for a long time now. Several KSP generations tbh.
Literally, I'm used to it that grabbing a ladder is not safe enough.

Could it be that other mods like KJR or WorldStabilizer somehow interfere?

As soon as the Kerbal grabbed a ladder or a handrail, he/she/it does not stick to that position but slides "downwards" until he/she/it reaches the end of the ladder / handrail, then floats around (in space) or falls down (when landed).

No exception in the log at that time.

This can happen in case your craft have some acceleration/deceleration, or it is just moving through atmosphere and wind tries to blow your kerbal off.

I did not used these mods KJR and WorldStabilizer. Obviously you can try to remove these mods temporary and see if problem gone.

@Dizor ofc the vessel was either floating in space or standing landed on ground.

Edited by Gordon Dry

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Dizor @whale_2 I will do a test next session, I just add KerbalEVA to the excludePartModules list.

Kerbals normally are not "stabilized", unless this option tweaked in config file.

@whale_2 after doing that change the behaviour also changed. The Kerbal just stays at the ladder / hatch handle without floating "down".

On 12/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@whale_2 after doing that change the behaviour also changed. The Kerbal just stays at the ladder / hatch handle without floating "down".

Good to now, I'll review the exclusion logic for kerbals.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.