Aviation Cockpits (New prop cockpits)

Mallikas

4gxdrAl.jpg

Please delete previous version or you might end up with junk files.

Adds eight new cockpits to the game:

- Eurofighter Typhoon

- Interceptor Inline Cockpit

- Training Jet Cockpit

- F8F Bearcat cockpit

- Fw 190 Cockpit

Twin-seated cockpits:

- Su-30

- Mirage 2000

- S39 Cockpit

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/Cd6vl

Pics of prop plane cockpits: http://imgur.com/a/dRhzv

Rasterpropmonitor is recommended for working dials and huds:

For cool propellers:

Future plans:

1. ASET- and stock versions

Download

http://spacedock.info/mod/658/Aviation Cockpits?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zo8k3hccxkm9e70/AAC0MrG2LS6TyA6i77OLpQaHa?dl=0

^Download link for the F-104 cockpit that I never bothered to put to Spacedock, haha^

m3FXOIm.jpg

All feedback is appreciated.

License: CC BY 4.0

Edited by Mallikas

I'm glad you like it:)

On 5.5.2016 at 5:12 PM, ThorBeorn said:

Congratulations to release and cool that you fixed everything related to FAR.

It was a rather simple fix, i really should have made some kind of quick update sooner. Please report if there are any more problems with FAR.

12 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

Loving it! May I ask for CKAN support and an F-16 cockpit? That'd be awesome.

Downloading now anyway!

I was planning couple of prop plane cockpits and maybe later something like modern russian jets.

What do you guys think of the navball replacements i made? They don't show yaw or prograde marker so they aren't as clear as the stock one...

If you want it changed gimme a shout!

5 hours ago, Mallikas said:

I'm glad you like it:)

It was a rather simple fix, i really should have made some kind of quick update sooner. Please report if there are any more problems with FAR.

I was planning couple of prop plane cockpits and maybe later something like modern russian jets.

What do you guys think of the navball replacements i made? They don't show yaw or prograde marker so they aren't as clear as the stock one...

If you want it changed gimme a shout!

I like the replacement a lot! It's more realistic than the stock navball, so it gives the impression of really being inside an aircraft.

A Su-30 cockpit would be amazing! What about a Mk.2 Rafale cockpit? I think it kind of fits the form factor.

I love these cockpits, they finally allow me to make tiny star fighters. If you are taking request, and I can understand if you don't want to, but would it be possible for you to make a cockpit that is similar in esthetics and scale of the old Mk1 cockpit before it was made over into a more commercial version? Something more fighter-y.

20 minutes ago, Dakota2063 said:

would it be possible for you to make a cockpit that is similar in esthetics and scale of the old Mk1 cockpit before it was made over into a more commercial version?

Not sure if you're asking because you can no longer use the old Mk1 or if you want Mallikas' interpretation of the old Mk1, but if it's the former you actually can use it in 1.1.2

3 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Not sure if you're asking because you can no longer use the old Mk1 or if you want Mallikas' interpretation of the old Mk1, but if it's the former you actually can use it in 1.1.2

Thanks. I could never find one, but I would certainly love Mallikas' interpretation of the old Mk1, maybe with a more pronounced cockpit.

On 7.5.2016 at 7:07 PM, Dakota2063 said:

I love these cockpits, they finally allow me to make tiny star fighters. If you are taking request, and I can understand if you don't want to, but would it be possible for you to make a cockpit that is similar in esthetics and scale of the old Mk1 cockpit before it was made over into a more commercial version? Something more fighter-y.

You should post pics of your planes, it's always fun to see what people do with my cockpits!

I might try making the old cockpit, but it is definitely very last on the list. I've also briefly looked at CKAN integration, but worryingly it seems like something where i would have to learn something new, so i've been avoiding it.

Edited by Mallikas

• 1 month later...

Hey man I love your cockpits,but I'm having trouble with the interceptor cockpit,I recently just replaced the original mk1 inline cockpit with the interceptor cockpit and now I cant load the craft...I don't know why. Either way keep up the great work I love these so much!

11 hours ago, Ev1lVaultBoy said:

Hey man I love your cockpits,but I'm having trouble with the interceptor cockpit,I recently just replaced the original mk1 inline cockpit with the interceptor cockpit and now I cant load the craft...I don't know why. Either way keep up the great work I love these so much!

do you get a message when trying to load the craft? if so can you tell us what it says or post a screenshot

19 hours ago, Ev1lVaultBoy said:

What do you mean exactly by replacing the stock cockpit? If you mess around with cfg files stuff is probably going to break. Does it say your craft has invalid or locked parts?

On 25.6.2016 at 2:00 AM, Zmeya said:

I think the mod could benefit from having some WW2 and Vietnam war jet cockpits. For example the Me. 262 from WW2 and the F4 Phantom from the Vietnam war.

I'm working on a fw 190 cockpit and i think it will fit nicely on a 262 too. Phantom would be cool to have but the shape would be difficult to adapt to mk1 bulkheads, because the cockpit is very tall and narrow.

I've also been wondering if i should make the new cockpits a separate download so i don't clutter up peoples parts lists too much.