Turn down the birdsong

Hi everyone, what's the easiest way to tone down the KSC birdsong effects, without simultaneously reducing the music volume of the editor and orbit soundtracks?

I know it's tied to the music slider, but adjusting that causes other unwanted effects.  I tried to find the birdsong audio clip in my KSP directory  to edit the soundtrack manually, but just found sound_ambience_nature.wav which I don't think is the right one (it sounds a bit different and more clicky than the loud piercing one).

I read that SoundTrackEditor can do what I want, but the download links there are broken and in any case if possible I'd rather avoid adding yet another mod just for this single function.

Huh--I always assumed it was the Ambience slider. I always just set both Ambience and Music to zero every time I install a new version anyway; the ambient noise is startling and/or distracting and I prefer to use my own choices for music.

1 hour ago, AbacusWizard said:

I always just set both Ambience and Music to zero every time I install a new version anyway; the ambient noise is startling and/or distracting and I prefer to use my own choices for music.

Yeah the audio is something that's always pretty subjective.  I use Ambient because some of my mods (e.g. Chatterer) provide ambient sounds (ship throbbing noise, etc, IVA rattling, etc).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.