[1.2 - 1.4] Elephant Engine, v0.2 (2016-05-06)

NecroBones

45 minutes ago, Prowler_x1 said:

I get the engine layout and its a great idea. I do not want to discourage anyone building great mods for KSP but I find the elephants coming out of the engine sadistic at best.

The "Easter Egg" or point could have been proved with Reliant Robins full of Cherry Pies without going into animal cruelty for an endangered species.

Please do not get discouraged or upset. Love the engine, dislike the animal cruelty joke.

That is a joke right?  I ask because it feels like a joke, it's too silly to not be a joke, but it's written in a very serious tone.

5 minutes ago, Ser said:

Why is this pinned?

OMG, read the last few posts.  This has been answered twice now in the last 10 posts.

I'm guessing this was just a bug due to EXTREMELY sloppy coding, and NecroBones just decided to go with it. NecroBones, you should start keeping different projects in different folders if you want to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

On 7/6/2016 at 1:49 PM, Perry Apsis said:

I'm guessing this was just a bug due to EXTREMELY sloppy coding, and NecroBones just decided to go with it. NecroBones, you should start keeping different projects in different folders if you want to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

What do you mean? This mod is brilliant.

I thought Scott Manley was crazy when he used Heinz tomato sauce (I don't say ketchup, leave that for you to figure out. :)) as propulsion but we have elephants!!! Poor elephants being shot out to space :D 

On 7/13/2016 at 7:46 AM, NecroBones said:

Very true.

Moar boosters! :wink:

Necrobones plz make a whale version and a kerbal version. PLZ?

On 5/6/2016 at 4:58 PM, Gaarst said:

This is so awesome. Like really, opens up a whole new field of possibilities.

@NecroBones, I would like to note that you have engines called Kiwi, Moa, Emu, Penguin... in your other mods. An update is now expected to come. 

OH! True! Yea He should make those have a option to shoot out those animals

On 5/9/2016 at 1:44 PM, SpaceKraken said:

Wha...

Ok, now i need Whale version. :confused:

Yes! I agree, also a kraken version! (Plz dont make it crash the game)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Lies. This thread never dies.

Please wait while we strap an elephant to this engine for optimal kerbaling. Jeb should be kept away from the VAB this time. We don't want a repeat of the monkey incident of 2016.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@HebaruSan@DasSkelett

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 7:57 AM, NecroBones said:

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@HebaruSan@DasSkelett

thank you @NecroBones!

Track here.

Issues here. Discussions here.

Download prerelease from CurseForge (or use their app).

Curseforge 

new thread:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.