[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

How do I turn off signal delay? I have a mission that a mere 3s delay is making totally impossible.

I have changed the "EnableSignalDelay = True" to False in the file Default_settings.cfg but this did naff all. I can't find any other settings file

55 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

How do I turn off signal delay? [......]

I have changed the "EnableSignalDelay = True" to False in the file Default_settings.cfg but this did naff all. I can't find any other settings file

I belive, you have to modify RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder.

Edited by girka2k
misspelling

2 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

How do I turn off signal delay? I have a mission that a mere 3s delay is making totally impossible.

1 hour ago, girka2k said:

I belive, you have to modify RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in your save folder.

It's in the in-game RT settings menu, on one of the other tabs.

@tomek.piotrowski

At first, thank you very much for your wonderful mod - it provides hardcore and interesting game :)

Unfortunatly, I have two in-game fault problems in my career - I have in-game problems :( Probably these problems related with RemoteTech :( Could you please help me, and save my career with same gameplay?

To excluding cross-posting, I've just posted more information in this topic: 

Edited by Polnoch

On 2016-06-07 at 8:01 AM, panarchist said:

The other issue: In the GUI, on the Presets tab, there is a "Reload" button - which implies that if the config is overridden, you can restore the default settings.  How is the configuration load on RemoteTech instantiation supposed to work?  It looks like what's happening is on load the save game RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file is being overwritten by the Default_Settings.cfg file, but that shouldn't happen unless "Reload" has been pushed in the UI, should it?  Or am I misunderstanding how that feature is supposed to work?  I want to use a specific list of Tracking Stations in this save, but it keeps being overwritten each time I load the save by the list of Tracking Stations in the default configuration file.  How can/should I resolve that? Thanks for any help you can give!

Did this ever get resolved/answered?  I'm having the same issue and can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to read a config file with more ground station in it.  I've tried putting it in the mod folder, in the save game folder, giving it different names.  The only thing that every shows up in the Presets tab is the Default_settings.cfg.  

I found this in one of my configfiles at one point....

PreSets
	{
		PRESETS = RemoteTech/Default_Settings/RemoteTechSettings
		PRESETS = RemoteTech/Default_Settings.orig/RemoteTechSettings
		PRESETS = RemoteTech/GroundStations_Settings/RemoteTechSettings
	}

I don't know how it got there and can't find any documentation on the PRESETS section.  

I'd also like to know what happens if I I have multiple config files?  Do they all load?  Does the last one loaded get used?  If another is loaded, does it over write all the settings or just the ones it changes?  By that I mean can I have a settings files, say the RemoteTech_settings file that get's created by default and then have say, the one from above GroundStations_Settings.cfg that just updates the ground stations and leaves all the other settings alone? Something like and <include>.  

I can't seem to find any documentation on how it is supposed to work.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Going back a bit to my original thing about relays vs non-relays: I only really meant for omni-antennas. I get that dishes just point in the one direction. It would also be awesome to have a UI to re-point dishes without having to load up each spacecraft.

Supposedly (I haven't looked for it myself yet), current RT has a "current vessel" option in the target menu; selecting this will cause the dish in question to always point at whatever vessel you happen to be controlling, including following you when you switch vessels.

2 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Going back a bit to my original thing about relays vs non-relays: I only really meant for omni-antennas. I get that dishes just point in the one direction. It would also be awesome to have a UI to re-point dishes without having to load up each spacecraft.

:wink:

10 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

There is a UI to repoint dishes without switching vessels. You access it from the map screen. 

sigh, i guess with all the mechanics that 1.2 added relating to communication network, remote tech will be one of the last mods that could make it to an update, damn i want my network to be started before doing anything serious :/

Just now, Kerbonaut257 said:

Is it planned to have remote tech for 1.2? Or is it going to not get updated since there's a similar functionality in stock game?

I'm pretty sure it WILL be updated. Though RT team needs time to investigate new stock mechanics to integrate RT rules into.

16 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

damn i want my network to be started before doing anything serious :/

Exactly how I feel. I have often been told, when promoting the stock inclusion of things like RT or TAC-LS, that if we want such features we should just leave it up to the modding community. I think this illustrates nicely why that is such an invalid approach.  :(

Just now, Nathair said:

Exactly how I feel. I have often been told, when promoting the stock inclusion of things like RT or TAC-LS, that if we want such features we should just leave it up to the modding community. I think this illustrates nicely why that is such an invalid approach.  :(

damn right, if squad was gonna add a sat network, why didn't they include remote tech as it is instead of going on their marry way and adding half assed system?

3 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

damn right, if squad was gonna add a sat network, why didn't they include remote tech as it is instead of going on their marry way and adding half assed system?

Well, I would probably have worded it a bit more gently but... yeah.

4 minutes ago, Nathair said:

Well, I would probably have worded it a bit more gently but... yeah.

sorry sorry but i hate when i see they get a good idea and tweak it so that even a six years old kid could play with no problem (they could have put two modes in configs you know :wink: ) and that would screw things up for modding community, i really respect mod developers, they put so much effort in adding something to game for others with little to no gain other than self satisfaction that they made many people happy.

3 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

If you look further up in this thread, you can see that they already announced that they have a prototype working for 1.2.

sorry, i may missed it, with all the rush between 40 forum threads to track my mod pack :wink: that can happen

Edited by Jiraiyah

37 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Is it planned to have remote tech for 1.2? Or is it going to not get updated since there's a similar functionality in stock game?

Hi Kerbonauts o/

RT release is planned for tomorrow if I don't  find any show stopper bugs until then... I don't  have a precise time in mind but you should have RT tomorrow if everything  goes according  to plan (as a side note both Tomek and I are in the CEST time zone).

This release will not be built on top of CommNet. It's  a port of the previous code base with bug fixes and internal cleaning. The work has already started for a future release (on top of CommNet) with some interesting features (I think).

Edited by neitsa
typos

Just now, neitsa said:

Hi Kerbonauts o/

RT release is planned for tomorrow if I don't  find any show stopper bugs until then... I don't  have a precise time in mind but you should have RT tomorrow if everything  goes according  to plan (as a side note both Tomek and I are in the CEST time zone).

This release will not be built on top of CommNet. It's  a port of the previous code base with bug fixes and intrenal cleaning. The work has already started for a future release with some interesting features (I think).

hmm then how would it integrate with commnet?

4 hours ago, neitsa said:

Hi Kerbonauts o/

This release will not be built on top of CommNet. It's  a port of the previous code base with bug fixes and internal cleaning. The work has already started for a future release (on top of CommNet) with some interesting features (I think).

Amazing! I cannot wait :)