[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

5 hours ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

This mod looks cool but there should be some kind of cheat maybe to disable and then enable again the signal requirement, bc I have a rover in the mun and can't control it

Well, it is generally accepted that you shouldn't be installing mods mid-game.  The will mess with your save.

That said, you should be able to open the settings in the Space Center View and at the far right there is a "cheat menu" that has something that might work for you.

This mod really throws me some curve balls it seems. I have an odd issue. Two planets with identical comm setups. A main talking to home then using omni for local comms. Two identical scan sats for each planet using omni antenna to talk to the main relay. Same builds. All is in range. Only one works... How? Only one receives signal. The scan sat at the other planet works. The kicker is everything says connected. On the one that works I can see the connection line to home from the scan sat. On the one that does not work the connection line is not there unless the relay is the active sat.

Edit: Okay... it seems to be intermittent. The home signal will return periodically when its not an active vessel. However when its active the connection is constant.

Edit: Intermittnet turned into not at all. Power is good. I have the master satellite back at home set to active vessel. Can one antenna only support one craft at at time or something?

Edited by Motokid600

On 8/24/2020 at 2:35 AM, TranceaddicT said:

Well, it is generally accepted that you shouldn't be installing mods mid-game.  The will mess with your save.

That said, you should be able to open the settings in the Space Center View and at the far right there is a "cheat menu" that has something that might work for you.

yep I had to create a new save because I've installed and uninstalled so many mods in the other one, i'm so stupid

i couldn't find anything about a cheat that modifies/removes the need of direct signal and for some reason every time i re-entered my saves everything suddenly retracted (my space station for example ran out of energy because of this) and i know this isn't because of this mod, still weird tho

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 2:24 PM, Neil Kermstrong said:

yep I had to create a new save because I've installed and uninstalled so many mods in the other one, i'm so stupid

i couldn't find anything about a cheat that modifies/removes the need of direct signal and for some reason every time i re-entered my saves everything suddenly retracted (my space station for example ran out of energy because of this) and i know this isn't because of this mod, still weird tho

Oooooh, then you need the SETI probe control fix.  (I'm outside walking the dogs but I will get this to you shortly.)

Here ya go ... this should fix what ails your save. (Hope you didn't delete it.)

Here's the repo for good measure...

https://github.com/Y3mo/SETI-ProbeControlEnabler

Edited by TranceaddicT

13 hours ago, Relonsk said:

Compatible with Kerbalism?

Nope. https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/Home-~-Mod-Support

Kerbalism 4.0 will be compatible with RemoteTech, but it will take some time before its released. I don't have anything to do with the Kerbalism modders, if you want/need more information check their Discord or github for more information!

6 minutes ago, KPD87 said:

Nope. https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/wiki/Home-~-Mod-Support

Kerbalism 4.0 will be compatible with RemoteTech, but it will take some time before its released. I don't have anything to do with the Kerbalism modders, if you want/need more information check their Discord or github for more information!

Good to know!

• 2 months later...

I remember playing with this mod before the KSP network was made stock. This doesn't seem to play too well with that stock feature now. At this point, the only thing I want from this mod is the ability to schedule burns when my ship goes out of range and I have no contact. Any suggestions?

On 11/24/2020 at 7:08 AM, SimonTheSkink said:

I remember playing with this mod before the KSP network was made stock. This doesn't seem to play too well with that stock feature now. At this point, the only thing I want from this mod is the ability to schedule burns when my ship goes out of range and I have no contact. Any suggestions?

Hi, RemoteTech will disable the whole stock feature when started for the first time. It may take 1 or 2 more scene changes to take full effect.

For scheduling burns in no-comm zone, the easiest way is to set up 1 or more maneuver nodes of burning in Map view and click "EXEC" button on Flight Computer. It will queue and execute all those maneuver nodes in sequence, even with no contact.

Im running into a bit of an odd problem  with RemoteTech. While troubleshooting my connection with a Moho Sat I launched, i turned one of my Minmus long-range dishes to point at the Moho Sat and it lost its KSC connection.  Fair enough because it didnt have another dedicated satellite orbiting  Minmus pointed at KSP to relay the connection... or so i thought that was the issue.

I currently have a number of satellites pointed at Minmus proper to obtain connections with the space station, satellite and any unmanned craft I send there.  The satellite, and all unmanned craft in orbit and on the surface of Minmus no longer have any connection to KSC.  The orbiting station has scientists as well as a dish on board with direct line of site (the satellite as well) that are pointed to Kerbin.

Took some screenshots of the trouble satellite that previously facilitated comms within the SOI of Minmus, a screenshot showing a commlink between satellites in orbit of Kerbin and Minmus, and a final shot of one of the satellites in orbit of Kerbin that has connection with Minmus.  Any insight into what is going on?

Similar problem with the Moho sat.  The Moho Sat's dish is pointed at Kerbin and activated, and Ive gone through and pointed Sats to Active Vessel and directly at the vessel and nothing has seemed to make a difference.

Dont feel like trying to figure out why i cant post direct links to the images here so heres the album

https://imgur.com/a/0B7zIFM

Edit:  Managed to kind of resolve the problem but the original cause for total loss of connection to both the Moho Sat/Probe as well as the Minmus Satellite still dont make sense to me.   I launched a massive comms array with multiple dishes in orbit of Minmus, pointing at Kerbin, Active Vessels, the Mun, Duna, pretty much anything I can point it at, I did.  Eventually had an extremely small window where the KSC aligned with the Moho sat and recovered comms.  In that time I switched the dish from pointing at Kerbin and pointed it at the BFS (Big F'n Sat) in orbit of Minmus.  I'll be launching another 2 BFS' in orbit of Kerbin and the Mun for overkill.

Edited by GrimT
Solution

Hi.

Is any method to turn SAS on? Or SAS is disabled intentionally? I can't send my probe (OKTO) to orbit :(

I have info:  no operational SAS Modules and no Pilots aboard

but OKTO HAVE SAS! I now, that no pilots aboard, but in this situation i cannot engage SAS at all?

Artur

PS. Sorry, but i don' speak english ;)

Edited by Artur G.

On 12/8/2020 at 1:29 AM, Artur G. said:

Hi.

Is any method to turn SAS on? Or SAS is disabled intentionally? I can't send my probe (OKTO) to orbit :(

I have info:  no operational SAS Modules and no Pilots aboard

but OKTO HAVE SAS! I now, that no pilots aboard, but in this situation i cannot engage SAS at all?

Artur

PS. Sorry, but i don' speak english ;)

Hi, SAS is disabled when RemoteTech Flight Computer is active to stop the control fight. To turn SAS on, turn off Flight Computer.

RemoteTech 1.9.9 for KSP 1.11 released

This release is a standard fix for KSP 1.11.

What are fixed/changed:

• Fixed UI issue of missing signal delay and flight computer button
  • 2 preventative measures against flight computer commands lost when switching/loading and nullreference spam

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.9
**Released December 19, 2020**

What's New?
===========

* Recompiled for KSP 1.11
* Fixed UI issue of missing signal delay and flight computer button
* Added preventative measure for scenario of a vessel/part exiting simulation range
* Readded data protection for saved flight computer commands during loading

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #821: Flight UI not visible in KSP 1.11 [requested by: gjulianm]
* Issue #820: Order's queue lost when switching vessels (or going SC) [requested by: Jacchus]
* Issue #817: Severe disruption in simulation when parts disappear because they go out of simulation range [requested by: Ernesto-Alvarez]

Pull Requests
-------------

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Jumping back into KSP after not having played for a year, and am getting all my old favorite mods set back up, so this might just be faulty memory.  I noticed the stock HG-5 High Gain Antenna doesn't seem to show up with the Remote Tech Target --- option on it's menu, and for some reason I'm remembering it as having a target option.  To make sure it wasn't another mod, I removed everything except RemoteTech and AVC version checker.

Bug or Faulty memory?  Thanks for all the work you do to keep the mod working!!!

Spoiler

cQoVuod.png

EDIT:  I just did some additional digging at it looks like Squad renamed the part.  There's HighGainAntenna5 ( which has TechHidden = true so I think it's deprecated) and a newer HighGainAntenna5_v2

Edited by mcortez
Additional info

20 minutes ago, mcortez said:

Jumping back into KSP after not having played for a year, and am getting all my old favorite mods set back up, so this might just be faulty memory.  I noticed the stock HG-5 High Gain Antenna doesn't seem to show up with the Remote Tech Target --- option on it's menu, and for some reason I'm remembering it as having a target option.  To make sure it wasn't another mod, I removed everything except RemoteTech and AVC version checker.

Bug or Faulty memory?  Thanks for all the work you do to keep the mod working!!!

Reveal hidden contents

cQoVuod.png

Same issue here. Might worth to check other directionnal antennas too. ;)

I've submited the bug to github -- https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/822

@N_Molson you can temporarily fix the issue by adding your own module manager patch with the info below, or simply modify the RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg and rename the part in there by adding the "5" to the name.

Spoiler

@PART[HighGainAntenna5_v2]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna]
    {
        %name=ModuleAnimateGeneric
        %allowManualControl = false
        %actionAvailable = false
        %eventAvailableFlight = false
        %eventAvailableEditor = false
        %eventAvailableEVA = false
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 25000000000
        %EnergyCost = 1.04
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.12

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
            %PacketResourceCost = 20.0
        }
    }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[HighGainAntenna5]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    {
        %actionAvailable = false
    }

%Mode0DishRange = 0
        %EnergyCost = 1.04
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.12

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
        }
    }

}

58 minutes ago, mcortez said:

I've submited the bug to github -- https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/822

@N_Molson you can temporarily fix the issue by adding your own module manager patch with the info below, or simply modify the RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg and rename the part in there by adding the "5" to the name.

Hide contents

{
    {
        %actionAvailable = false
    }

%Mode0DishRange = 0
        %EnergyCost = 1.04
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.12

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
        }
    }

}

@PART[HighGainAntenna5]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    {
        %actionAvailable = false
    }

%Mode0DishRange = 0
        %EnergyCost = 1.04
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 0.12

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
        }
    }

}

I think you are using the wrong settings. According to this page (https://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/guide/parts/#dish-antennas), the HG-5 High Gain Antenna is supposed to have a dish angle of 90 degrees and a range of 20,000 km. 

EDIT: This part is now called "HighGainAntenna5v_2", it used to be called "HighGainAntenna5" (I think). But I'm pretty sure just "HighGainAntenna" refers to the Communotron HG-55, which matches the settings you put here. 

Edited by JupiterJaeden

Good catch @JupiterJaeden

Use this patch instead for the HG-5 High Gain Antenna

Spoiler

{
    {
        %actionAvailable = false
    }

%Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 20000000
        %EnergyCost = 0.55
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 90

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
        }
    }

}

Hello, just a quick heads up, RemoteTech 1.9.9 seems to be having an error with KSP where the game itself (or ModuleManager, I'm not sure) is telling me the mod is incompatible. When I'm in the Hangar building a rocket most of the time it will not let me exit the hangar again, neither to launch or to the space center or to the main menu, forcing  me to close the game and try again. Idk if that last issue is RemoteTech related but it stopped doing that after I deleted RemoteTech.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, TheDesertBoy said:

I think RemoteTech has broken with 1.11 :/ The UI is completely missing thus I have no access to the flight computer. Don't currently have any spacecraft far enough away to test whether signal delay (i.e. the core mechanics) are still working. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have the same issue

On 12/21/2020 at 2:46 AM, mcortez said:

Reveal hidden contents

cQoVuod.png

EDIT:  I just did some additional digging at it looks like Squad renamed the part.  There's HighGainAntenna5 ( which has TechHidden = true so I think it's deprecated) and a newer HighGainAntenna5_v2

Thanks, this new part config by doubleplush is accepted into the codebase (latest develop build) plus support of cargo storage for small RemoteTech antennas.

Please let me know if there is any RT issue related to KSP 1.11. I need more time and tests to find any more surprise introduced by KSP 1.11.

On 12/23/2020 at 8:33 AM, Jester-RAS said:

Hello, just a quick heads up, RemoteTech 1.9.9 seems to be having an error with KSP where the game itself (or ModuleManager, I'm not sure) is telling me the mod is incompatible. When I'm in the Hangar building a rocket most of the time it will not let me exit the hangar again, neither to launch or to the space center or to the main menu, forcing  me to close the game and try again. Idk if that last issue is RemoteTech related but it stopped doing that after I deleted RemoteTech.

I tested RT 1.9.9 on KSP 1.11 and ModuleManager didn't flag out this incompatibility and RemoteTech is working fine on my side.

If possible, please provide Player.log at C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program

18 hours ago, marksh16 said:

I don't want to longer use remote tech. So I want to remove it. But all of my crafts in saves have the anthenas. So I'll probably not be able to load the save. How do I remove remote tech?

Please make backup of your save first before proceeding to the removal step below.

Step 1: In RemoteTech folder, remove everything except for "Parts" folder.

Step 2: In next game session, re-enable CommNet option in the KSP settings.

Your crafts will retain dead RemoteTech antennas and can be "phased out" over time, with eventual goal of safe removal of the "Parts" folder.