[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Please make backup of your save first before proceeding to the removal step below.

Step 1: In RemoteTech folder, remove everything except for "Parts" folder.

Step 2: In next game session, re-enable CommNet option in the KSP settings.

Your crafts will retain dead RemoteTech antennas and can be "phased out" over time, with eventual goal of safe removal of the "Parts" folder.

What is I don't want the parts. And can I remove them from the craft? And will the anthenas work like the normal ones?

Just now, marksh16 said:

What is I don't want the parts. And can I remove them from the craft? And will the anthenas work like the normal ones?

You could remove them with Construction mode (in 1.11) or KAS (1.10 and earlier).  The antennas would need the part files updated (or a patch) replacing the RT modules with stock.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You could remove them with Construction mode (in 1.11) or KAS (1.10 and earlier).  The antennas would need the part files updated (or a patch) replacing the RT modules with stock.

I'm on 1.9.1. Is it possible to use kerbal atachment system? Or remove the parts from the files.

8 hours ago, marksh16 said:

I'm on 1.9.1. Is it possible to use kerbal atachment system? Or remove the parts from the files.

You could use kas, but if you don’t have it on the vessel already, you would have to get the wrench or electric screwdriver out where it is needed.  For this, you could use hyperedit.

I suppose you ciukd edit the fule, but make a backup first

On 12/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi, SAS is disabled when RemoteTech Flight Computer is active to stop the control fight. To turn SAS on, turn off Flight Computer.

Hi, I'm trying to launch my first probe with SETIProbeStack1 core and MK1SAS Reaction Wheel,

Fligh Computer is in OFF mode (top left of the screen),

but I still need to HOLD "F" key...

Wait... looks like I found it... There is Smart A.S.S in MechJeb... Two modes - SURFace and ORBit... UP and PROgrade... Looks like everything was there.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:48 PM, mcortez said:

Good catch @JupiterJaeden

Use this patch instead for the HG-5 High Gain Antenna

Hide contents

@PART[HighGainAntenna5_v2]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna]
    {
        %name=ModuleAnimateGeneric
        %allowManualControl = false
        %actionAvailable = false
        %eventAvailableFlight = false
        %eventAvailableEditor = false
        %eventAvailableEVA = false
    }

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
        %Mode0DishRange = 0
        %Mode1DishRange = 20000000
        %EnergyCost = 0.55
        %MaxQ = 6000
        %DishAngle = 90

%DeployFxModules = 0
        %ProgressFxModules = 1

%TRANSMITTER {
            %PacketInterval = 0.15
            %PacketSize = 3
            %PacketResourceCost = 20.0
        }
    }

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

To make this a patch, I copy pasta to a note pad? and save? And if so save as what?

Thanks

Disregard my last. I added the _v2 to the part in the RemoteTech_ Squad_Antennas after the 5. (to make "HighGainAntenna5" "HighGainAntenna5_v2")

Thanks to your post it pointed me in the right direction! Cheers.

Edited by TheDerpist

On 12/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, TaxiService said:

Please make backup of your save first before proceeding to the removal step below.

Step 1: In RemoteTech folder, remove everything except for "Parts" folder.

Step 2: In next game session, re-enable CommNet option in the KSP settings.

Your crafts will retain dead RemoteTech antennas and can be "phased out" over time, with eventual goal of safe removal of the "Parts" folder.

This doesent work for me I can't load the save.

23 hours ago, marksh16 said:

This doesent work for me I can't load the save.

Hi, can you post screenshots of any error or message or a log when loading your save?

I tried on RemoteTech save on my side and it loaded fine with vessels with "dead" RemoteTech antennas.

Hi all,

This is the last call on the new develop build compiled against KSP 1.11 with all new fixes and cargo support related to the construction functionality prior to a next official release. Please let me know if you find any more bug.

On an unrelated note, the construction functionality is so fun after a spent booster is converted into a long-term comm hub.

PddqUaE.png

I'm seeing several antennas that don't seem to have RT configs—mainly relay antennas.  Pretty sure a lot of them are from other mods (I'm using a ton of them), but a few of them might be stock, I'm not sure.

Anyone know of another mod (or even just some drop-in config files) that add RT configs for antennas that aren't included in basic RT?

Love the mod, thanks for all your work. This is probably my favorite mod

Just started playing with the latest update of KSP and this mod. I haven't unlocked all the antennas yet, but at the bear minimum I see that the

HG-5 High Gain Antenna does not have the ability to set a target. I looked in the Remote Tech list of antennas and it's there, did I install wrong?

2 hours ago, KaosXi said:

Love the mod, thanks for all your work. This is probably my favorite mod

Just started playing with the latest update of KSP and this mod. I haven't unlocked all the antennas yet, but at the bear minimum I see that the

HG-5 High Gain Antenna does not have the ability to set a target. I looked in the Remote Tech list of antennas and it's there, did I install wrong?

For manual mod install, the ZIP file you downloaded should have had a /GameData/ folder in it.  Merge that with the /GameData/ folder in your KSP installation.  To put it another way, all of the contents of the mod's /GameData/ folder should wind up inside the game's /GameData/ folder with exactly the same subfolder structure.

Using CKAN makes this much easier.

For manual mod install, the ZIP file you downloaded should have had a /GameData/ folder in it.  Merge that with the /GameData/ folder in your KSP installation.  To put it another way, all of the contents of the mod's /GameData/ folder should wind up inside the game's /GameData/ folder with exactly the same subfolder structure.

This is what I did. And most of the antennas are working. Just that one. And I want to use it on my Keostationary Com Sats

Here's an image

https://imgur.com/gallery/5Kbuev9

Note that there is no target button. It's the same whether launched or in VAB. It also doesn't include range or cone size in the right click details on the construction bar. Did the name in the code get changed with 1.11?

Edited by KaosXi
Added an image link

12 hours ago, KaosXi said:

This is what I did. And most of the antennas are working. Just that one. And I want to use it on my Keostationary Com Sats

Here's an image

https://imgur.com/gallery/5Kbuev9

Note that there is no target button. It's the same whether launched or in VAB. It also doesn't include range or cone size in the right click details on the construction bar. Did the name in the code get changed with 1.11?

Hello, the root cause is the new antenna part V2 over the depreciated part. The fix is in the latest develop build and I asked the community to let me know on any more surprise in KSP 1.11 before I push a next official release with bunch of fixes.

Please try out this.

Edited by TaxiService

I'm having issues with my comm stuff not wanting to hook up or relay anything with my probes, etc.

For example, having 4 antenea's on 4 probes. 1st ones are pointed at each other, second one points at KSC, 3rd points at any active vessel, 4th are just Omni not pointing at anything but on.

Launch a probe, and once KSC comes out of direct line, it goes dark... 2 probes in clear line of sight and well within range, refuse to connect, despite both having not only no target on 2 dishes to pick up any random signals, but also a second which is supposed to point at any active vessel.. Still refusing to connect and relay the connection to KSC.

If I switch my antenea on my probe to point at KSC it says "out of line of sight" and no probe will pick up the connection to relay..

This means I have to manually switch to every single satelite as it comes within range to keep the signal...

On 1/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, LadyAthena said:

I'm having issues with my comm stuff not wanting to hook up or relay anything with my probes, etc.

For example, having 4 antenea's on 4 probes. 1st ones are pointed at each other, second one points at KSC, 3rd points at any active vessel, 4th are just Omni not pointing at anything but on.

Launch a probe, and once KSC comes out of direct line, it goes dark... 2 probes in clear line of sight and well within range, refuse to connect, despite both having not only no target on 2 dishes to pick up any random signals, but also a second which is supposed to point at any active vessel.. Still refusing to connect and relay the connection to KSC.

If I switch my antenea on my probe to point at KSC it says "out of line of sight" and no probe will pick up the connection to relay..

This means I have to manually switch to every single satelite as it comes within range to keep the signal...

Hi, I invite you to read one tutorial on communication range.

From what you described, it may be range issue. By default, the range model is: a link is only possible if the distance between two vessels is less than the smaller of the two antennas’ ranges.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:40 AM, TaxiService said:

Hi, I invite you to read one tutorial on communication range.

From what you described, it may be range issue. By default, the range model is: a link is only possible if the distance between two vessels is less than the smaller of the two antennas’ ranges.

That's not the issue. Both have the same 300mm range antenna's.

THat being said, the problem seems to have fixed itself, though once in awhile it still acts oddly, but not game breaking.

RemoteTech 1.9.10 for KSP 1.11 released

This release is a standard fix for KSP 1.11.

What are fixed/changed:

• Add multiple protections against the construction mode
  • Add cargo support for small RemoteTech antennas
  • Update support for renamed part of HG-5 High Gain Antenna

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

# Version 1.9.10
**Released January 16, 2021**

What's New?
===========

* Add support for a renamed part of HG-5 High Gain Antenna
* Add support for cargo storage of small RemoteTech antennas
* Add new Flight Computer error message on no maneuver node to execute
* Add multiple protections against the construction functionality introduced by KSP 1.11
* Add preventative check of the filter UI against non-existent KSP interface components during loading

Detailed Changelog
==================

Fixed Issues
------------

* Issue #822: stock HG-5 High Gain Antenna renamed [requested by: mcortez]

Pull Requests
-------------

* PR #824: Duplicate config for HighGainAntenna5 for 1.11 [PR by: doubleplush]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Bug: The flight computer is INVISIBLE on all probe cores, both stock and mod.

KSP 1.10.1 with associated RT version. All other RT UI I am familiar with including the comm lines in map view and target drop down menu for antennas is present. Flight computer UI is absent. Signal delay is also absent.

Edited by Mr.Rogers113

On 1/18/2021 at 4:12 AM, Mr.Rogers113 said:

Bug: The flight computer is INVISIBLE on all probe cores, both stock and mod.

KSP 1.10.1 with associated RT version. All other RT UI I am familiar with including the comm lines in map view and target drop down menu for antennas is present. Flight computer UI is absent. Signal delay is also absent.

Hi, please provide your Player.log for further investigation, per Logs instructions in the guidelines

Hi,

as I understand,  some versions ago, you implemented a 400km omni range into the probodobodyne experiment control station (breaking ground).
But it doesn't seem to work.  Comm Signal is still NA. I dropped the experiments on KSC, so there should be a connection, even if there was no satellite. Is there something I missed?

Spoiler

aojMgDt.png

On 1/20/2021 at 5:29 AM, eldorim said:

Hi,

as I understand,  some versions ago, you implemented a 400km omni range into the probodobodyne experiment control station (breaking ground).
But it doesn't seem to work.  Comm Signal is still NA. I dropped the experiments on KSC, so there should be a connection, even if there was no satellite. Is there something I missed?

Hi, can you switch to the control station and see if the 400km omni range is present and the connection status is green? The picture below shows this.

fM1mPzE.png

Hi, can you switch to the control station and see if the 400km omni range is present and the connection status is green? The picture below shows this

Hi, thanks for the reply.  It seems to be solved now. 
I installed a couple of updates  in the meantime. Maybe they fixed it. I haven't sent any new satellites into orbit.
Omni Range is  now shown, connection status is green and  it seems to be, science has  actually been transmitted.

Edited by eldorim
added quote

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all

Trying to understand this part of the autopilot.

dmg94PG.png

HBNT deactivates all antennas, but do they come back alone? Or should I program a WAKE in the future when I want them back and then hibernate? Is there any difference with deactivating the antennas manually?