[1.11] RemoteTech v1.9.9 [2020-12-19]

@TaxiService

I tested now mod by mod (install mod, start KSP, installed next mod...)and the issue ist caused by Mechjeb. But only partially. With MJ I can control the probe directly without delay. But curiously: without MJ I have a delay only at using the WASDQE-Keys. Throttling up/down the Engines (Shift/STRG) has no delay. :(

Edit: After further testing control by WASDQE has a delay with installed Mechjeb. It seems that there is another mod which is interfering with MJ and caused the issue. But the issue with no delay at Throttling up/down is still there.

It makes me wanna puke. :/

Edited by Cheesecake

15 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@TaxiService

I tested now mod by mod (install mod, start KSP, installed next mod...)and the issue ist caused by Mechjeb. But only partially. With MJ I can control the probe directly without delay. But curiously: without MJ I have a delay only at using the WASDQE-Keys. Throttling up/down the Engines (Shift/STRG) has no delay. :(

Edit: After further testing control by WASDQE has a delay with installed Mechjeb. It seems that there is another mod which is interfering with MJ and caused the issue. But the issue with no delay at Throttling up/down is still there.

It makes me wanna puke. :/

It is good to hear that you were narrowing down the root cause of the no delay.

On this throttle up/down, does this issue match what you are experiencing? It was fixed recently but we haven't made a new RT release yet.

17 hours ago, crapstar said:

Hi guys,

How is the development going RT2?

Thanks

I will be honest with you on this. The development pace is slowing down as we are busy with our families and jobs this quarter, unlike the Q4 2016 when we had plenty of free time. I am refining and expanding the functionality of CommNet and Comm vessel in my other mod, which is a testbed. I also am messing with the KSP's new DialogGUI components to design and build interface windows. Yamori is still working on the antenna system and KSP's underlying comm layer, which is unexpectedly harder than anticipated. Neitsa is working on the command queue and abstract commands. 

43 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

I will be honest with you on this. The development pace is slowing down as we are busy with our families and jobs this quarter, unlike the Q4 2016 when we had plenty of free time. I am refining and expanding the functionality of CommNet and Comm vessel in my other mod, which is a testbed. I also am messing with the KSP's new DialogGUI components to design and build interface windows. Yamori is still working on the antenna system and KSP's underlying comm layer, which is unexpectedly harder than anticipated. Neitsa is working on the command queue and abstract commands. 

Thanks for your hard work. Great mod, cant play without it!

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

On this throttle up/down, does this issue match what you are experiencing? It was fixed recently but we haven't made a new RT release yet.

Thanks for all the hard work. Is Q4'17 a good estimate then?

2 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Yes, I had this issue weeks ago and yesterday but not constantly. The other problem is that I can permanently control the Throttle without delay but steering (WASDQE) has a delay. I think there is another mod which made entries in the persistent-file of the save which triggers this issue. But I found nothing.

The problem at testing is: to find out which mod is the reason I must delete the MM-Files and start a new game. With 50 Mods this is a laborious.

Hey just another question / suggestion for future update.

Is it / could it be, possible to have a GUI for Remote Tech which allows users to re-target their antenna without having to go to each relay and do it manually?  I.e instead of going to each of my Kerbin network sats and manually pointing them to my probe which is on its way to Jool and about to perform a maneuver, it would be awesome if I could just click a RT button, choose the Satellite, choose the antenna and then choose what it points to, all from say the KSC Screen.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:20 AM, funkcanna said:

Hey just another question / suggestion for future update.

Is it / could it be, possible to have a GUI for Remote Tech which allows users to re-target their antenna without having to go to each relay and do it manually?  I.e instead of going to each of my Kerbin network sats and manually pointing them to my probe which is on its way to Jool and about to perform a maneuver, it would be awesome if I could just click a RT button, choose the Satellite, choose the antenna and then choose what it points to, all from say the KSC Screen.

Yes, it is possible to have such GUI to configure each antenna from a non-flight screen. In fact, this feature is in early development of my other mod (RT testbed), CommNet Constellation, to choose/configure antennas from the central list in non-flight screen.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:20 AM, Cheesecake said:

Yes, I had this issue weeks ago and yesterday but not constantly. The other problem is that I can permanently control the Throttle without delay but steering (WASDQE) has a delay. I think there is another mod which made entries in the persistent-file of the save which triggers this issue. But I found nothing.

The problem at testing is: to find out which mod is the reason I must delete the MM-Files and start a new game. With 50 Mods this is a laborious.

Given that the delay issue is highly dependent and does not affect the whole thing, I suggest that you pause your testing and wait for a next RT release. We have a few fixes added, included a new improvement round for the interaction between RT's Flight Computer Flight and KSP's stock autopilot.

4 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Yes, it is possible to have such GUI to configure each antenna from a non-flight screen. In fact, this feature is in early development of my other mod (RT testbed), CommNet Constellation, to choose/configure antennas from the central list in non-flight screen.

Oh nice.  Does CommNet Constellation work with RT or should I wait for RT2?

4 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Oh nice.  Does CommNet Constellation work with RT or should I wait for RT2?

Nah, CommNet Constellation is not compatible with RT or RT2. It is just a testbed for me to develop, test and port codes over to RT2 redevelopment.

Edited by TaxiService

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Nah, CommNet Constellation is not compatible with RT or RT2. It is just a testbed for me to develop, test and port codes over to RT2 redevelopment.

Great, ill stick with RT now and look forward to the RT2 release in the future/  Thanks!

Hi I have another question.  My status is ALWAYS Local Control either Red or Yellow and I can always control my probes.  Even when its red.  Its never ever ever connected/green, even when it is fully in range.

Is this normal?  Sometimes "Local Control" is written in green, but its always "Local Control"

Edited by funkcanna

23 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Hi I have another question.  My status is ALWAYS Local Control either Red or Yellow and I can always control my probes.  Even when its red.  Its never ever ever connected/green, even when it is fully in range.

Is this normal?  Sometimes "Local Control" is written in green, but its always "Local Control"

Actually, the text "Local Control" is independent of whatever color chosen. The color is initially red to indicate no working connection, and only changed to green when a probe has any working connection. But the codebase doesn't have the yellow color for this text. Maybe you were thinking of the KSP mission time above? It becomes yellow whenever the KSP performance deteriorates.

Edit: Checking more to be sure

Edited by TaxiService

9 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Actually, the text "Local Control" is independent of whatever color chosen. The color is initially red to indicate no working connection, and only changed to green when a probe has any working connection. But the codebase doesn't have the yellow color for this text. Maybe you were thinking of the KSP mission time above? It becomes yellow whenever the KSP performance deteriorates.

Edit: Checking more to be sure

Im definitely referring to the RT text, however now that you mention it it may only be red or green.  Its the menu button next to it thats always either Red or Yellow.  Basically I never ever see "Connected" or the menu button in Green.  Sorry for the confusion!

8 minutes ago, funkcanna said:

Im definitely referring to the RT text, however now that you mention it it may only be red or green.  Its the menu button next to it thats always either Red or Yellow.  Basically I never ever see "Connected" or the menu button in Green.  Sorry for the confusion!

The "Connected" text is only used instead of "D+ xxxs" when the signal delay is disabled. The menu button should be green if the probe has no kerbal onboard and has working connection. I wonder if this probe is stock or third-party mod part?

Can you upload your output_log.txt (from KSP_x64_Data folder) and some screenshots of your vessel with the RT text & button please? This sounds very odd.

Edited by TaxiService

17 hours ago, TaxiService said:

The "Connected" text is only used instead of "D+ xxxs" when the signal delay is disabled. The menu button should be green if the probe has no kerbal onboard and has working connection. I wonder if this probe is stock or third-party mod part?

Can you upload your output_log.txt (from KSP_x64_Data folder) and some screenshots of your vessel with the RT text & button please? This sounds very odd.

2Om6eDB.png

Green Local Control, Yellow Menu with the Probodyne HECS. 

EDIT: Cant get Pastebin or alternates to work so here is the direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12771423/output_log.txt

Edited by funkcanna

Announcement

For your information, KSP 1.3 released yesterday/today crashes under RT 1.8.6. We are going to compile and ship a new one (with the new fixes added since) after our validation tests.

Edited by TaxiService

On 5/25/2017 at 11:04 PM, funkcanna said:

Green Local Control, Yellow Menu with the Probodyne HECS. 

EDIT: Cant get Pastebin or alternates to work so here is the direct link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12771423/output_log.txt

I found the likely culprit behind this anomaly. You have this config of your SETI mods (thread), which enables probes to be controlled without a connection. This results in "Local Control" status, which is yellow for the menu.

Download: SETI ProbeControlEnabler v1.2.2.1 (for RemoteTech 1.8.3+)

This is a SETI config for RemoteTech, allowing probe control without connection. Thus a connection is only required for science transmission. Unfortunately this may remove the built-in omni antenna from probes (but not from manned command pods).

So it is pretty normal for you with this SETI config ;-)

Edited by TaxiService

On 2016-5-7 at 1:42 AM, garthako said:

Again, since the other thread has been closed:

I experience an issue with the dish configuration button on the tracking station as well as in map view. I refer to the button for the dish configuration (the green button on the left).texButtonGreen.png

Its documentation says:

However, this does not happen. All of the other buttons are working. Also configuring the dish while I am flying the vehicle works (but of course this is an awful workaround once you got many satellites).

I tried this with several of the dev versions up to 537, also I uninstalled all other mods, even deleted all of the former RemoteTech folders before installing a newer version. Also tried it with x86 and x64 versions of ksp (1.1.2). Anyone encountering the same issues? There are no debug statements or anything else when pressing the button.

Should I turn off KerbNet when I play with remoteTech?

4 hours ago, EinarZockt said:

Hi all, i recompiled the 1.8.6 for KSP 1.3 and changed the version file to 1.8.6.1. I used the KSP and unity files from the KSP x64 installation, so i it works for x64. Dont know if it also works with x32 KSP. Here is the download from my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxxfzidbo6o5rw7/RemoteTech 1.8.6.1.7z?dl=0

Hi, thanks for providing a temporary recompiled DLL!

We could not build right away because our master builder was on business leave at the time of KSP 1.3 release.

ULdEouy.png

RemoteTech 1.8.7 for KSP 1.3 released

This release 1.8.7 is standard maintenance, contained several bug fixes and improvements

What are fixed:

• Throttle-loss bug when toggling SAS on a remote-controlled craft was fixed
  • Few improvements in the interaction between Flight Computer and KSP's Autopilot
  • RT mod is dynamically found now (work inside GameData/GameData/Remotetech or even GameData/Squad folders)

Complete changelog is below:

Spoiler

What's New?
==============

• RT mod can now be dynamically found [Issue #722]
  • Expose the clamp limits on omni and dish ranges in the setting cfg
  • Fix throttle loss when toggling SAS on a probe controlled craft [Issue #723]
  • Add few improvements in the interaction between Flight Computer and KSP's Autopilot
  • Update ModuleManager DLL for KSP 1.3

Detailed Changelog
==============

Fixed Issues
----------------------

• Issue #722: Fix issue on RT mod being on different directory in GameData. [requested by: Potato-God1]
  • Issue #723: Throttle lose when SAS on, on a probe controlled craft [requested by: Eckee]

If you find any bug, please report them on our github (as it is hard to keep track of bugs here). Feedback is also welcome for the next release, here or on this github post.

We are in the RT 2.x branch development and continue to support the RT 1.x branch.

Alright, so I was looking for an answer to "what is active vessel when targeting with an antenna?" and I found the answer and I'm definitely overthinking it so now I need some clarity. The site says active vessel means "always target the ship you are flying". Is that relative to the current mission, like it targets itself (which makes no sense to me)? Or that it targets whatever ship you're using, in essence, saying it will target everything, all the time? Does it still target those ships even when you're not actively flying them?

49 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

Alright, so I was looking for an answer to "what is active vessel when targeting with an antenna?" and I found the answer and I'm definitely overthinking it so now I need some clarity. The site says active vessel means "always target the ship you are flying". Is that relative to the current mission, like it targets itself (which makes no sense to me)? Or that it targets whatever ship you're using, in essence, saying it will target everything, all the time? Does it still target those ships even when you're not actively flying them?

Yup, an antenna with the 'Active Vessel' targeting will follow whatever vessel you are actively flying. If you switch to another vessel, the antenna will jump to this switched vessel from the previous vessel. Very useful for one scenario of controlling multiple probes on SOI exits but too tedious to switch back to comm sat(s) to re-target a next probe before jumping to that probe.